Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign another kicker

Quote:Well he just spanked Myers in the scrimmage. My guess is he's our kicker come week 1.

Yep, I already trust him more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This Ficken guy looks great!!

Dude was freaking lights out tonight on his kicking.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I saw one kick of Ficken, it was straight down the middle.

I saw one from Myers, I think it ended up in the club seats. 

Fickens looks like an NFL kicker. Meyers looks like he still belongs in the AFL.
No commercial messages in sigs

Farewell, Jason Myers.

We hardly knew ye.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Myers just looks nervous.  Every time he steps up to kick, it looks like he is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

He barely made his PAT and then missed his field goal, and it wasn't even close.  Then he stood on the sidelines and his night was over.

Ficken boomed them right down the middle.

I guess it'll be a competition.  Whoever plays better during pre-season will be kicking for us in the regular season.  Bummer because this position doesn't instill confidence in me.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Myers just looks nervous. Every time he steps up to kick, it looks like he is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

He barely made his PAT and then missed his field goal, and it wasn't even close. Then he stood on the sidelines and his night was over.

Ficken boomed them right down the middle.

I guess it'll be a competition. Whoever plays better during pre-season will be kicking for us in the regular season. Bummer because this position doesn't instill confidence in me.

My thoughts as well. Ficken seemed confident also. Played with some swag (if that's possible for a kicker). I hope he runs away with it. Myers scares me every time.
Shock the world

Myers isn't long for this team. Ficken can handle it. And even if Ficken can't, any kicker on waivers can contribute more than Myers.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

All of Ficken's kicks were right down the middle, deep in the back of the net and the dude was so cool with it. No emotion at all. Myers looks like an emotional train wreck waiting to happen every time he takes the field.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

i used to live about 30 minutes from penn state, had some friends who went to college there and was at a party with Sam Ficken and apparently he is a cocky toolbag. but if he can make extra points i will love him lol

Quote:i used to live about 30 minutes from penn state, had some friends who went to college there and was at a party with Sam Ficken and apparently he is a cocky toolbag. but if he can make extra points i will love him lol
As a kicker, I would rather have him be a cocky, toolbag - who thinks he is going to drill the ball down the center of the uprights every time. Not one who melts under pressure.

Samm Ficken Ficken!! My dude!

Would y'all want to put Myers on the PS? I know you all are like [BLEEP] why would we do that buuut the broncos did that with McManus when they had prater and it built confidence in McManus who has a leg like Myers.

Quote:Would y'all want to put Myers on the PS? I know you all are like [BAD WORD REMOVED] why would we do that buuut the broncos did that with McManus when they had prater and it built confidence in McManus who has a leg like Myers.
I think Myers has been active for too many games to be eligible.  They have to have been on the active 53 for less than 9 games I think. 

BTW  - am I missing something or was his only miss last night from 55 yards?  

Quote:I think Myers has been active for too many games to be eligible.  They have to have been on the active 53 for less than 9 games I think. 

BTW  - am I missing something or was his only miss last night from 55 yards?  

He was booed for it, too.

I don't think the issue was the length, but the lack of accuracy.

It's that he missed it badly wide.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:He was booed for it, too.

I don't think the issue was the length, but the lack of accuracy.

It's that he missed it badly wide.

And he barely snuck in a PAT.
No commercial messages in sigs

Are you Fiken kidding me? This is fiken crazy... poor Myers, he doesn't fiken stand a chance... Fiken awesome...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:Are you Fiken kidding me? This is fiken crazy... poor Myers, he doesn't fiken stand a chance... Fiken awesome...

You might want to edit that. See suspension thread in Sideline.

Quote:Are you Fiken kidding me? This is fiken crazy... poor Myers, he doesn't fiken stand a chance... Fiken awesome...

Ah Oh...you were warned