Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Laserjet or Inkjet Printers. Which Do You Prefer?

Just wondering where people stand on this. My Wife and I have 4 printers total. 3 are laserjet and one is inkjet. That one is a photo grade printer. We have 2 black & white laserjets, and one color laserjet. The color one I happened upon for free. It was messing up, and the company didn't want to pay to have it serviced again, so they gave it to me. It came with extra toner for all 4 colors and an extra waste toner box. I ended up replacing 2 of the 4 developer units, and it works perfectly. Less than 100 bucks on Amazon. There are pluses and minuses for both, but I was wondering if anyone else had a preference, and why.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Laser... toner lasts longer, less aggravation.

I will never buy ink again.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Laser, you can literally print 1,000 pages before changing out the toner & the print speed is faster.

I kill trees for a living so that's why I prefer laser, most of my stuff is Black &white. If by chance I need some color prints which is rare I'll jus flip on the inkjet.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 12:13 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Laser all the way. I used to have one of those 'fancy' inkjet printers they try and give away and the thing would give me the shaft at worst time. It knew when I really needed to print a paper and would cough up its guts right then and stop working. And even before that my parents cheap inkjet did the same thing in highschool. I still remember driving like a madman trying to get to the computer lab so I could 'print' my paper, cause my printer wouldn't do it, or smeared a whole think of ink on it. I finally got an laser and have never been shafted like that since.

Everytime I think of inkjets I see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsSr3z5nVk

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Laser for me, as well. I had an inkjet that constantly had trouble while my laser printer at work, which was ten years older and had printed thousands more pages, had not one single problem. So we now have a LaserJet and have had no problems with it.

Quote:most of my stuff is Black &white. 

Truer words have rarely been written.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: tumblr_opsl38C7FI1sq0bewo1_400.gif]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I can't afford a printer but I really like the laser jets so I print everything by hand while making a "pew, pew, pew" sound.

I have a cheap laser for everything mundane or B&W. (most of my usage is mundane)

Have a mid-tier/nice-ish inkjet in the rare instance I want to print a photo or something requiring color. 

Quote:Truer words have rarely been written.
I snarfed coffee. 

Daaannng…

I like cream in my coffee.

Got anything for that?

What about Oreo cookies? I like those too.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Laser all the way. I used to have one of those 'fancy' inkjet printers they try and give away and the thing would give me the shaft at worst time. It knew when I really needed to print a paper and would cough up its guts right then and stop working. And even before that my parents cheap inkjet did the same thing in highschool. I still remember driving like a madman trying to get to the computer lab so I could 'print' my paper, cause my printer wouldn't do it, or smeared a whole think of ink on it. I finally got an laser and have never been shafted like that since.

Everytime I think of inkjets I see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsSr3z5nVk
One of the truly classic movies. Love it!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

After messing with and feeding the inkjet for years, I decided to try to bid printers farewell. It has worked out- when I need something printed, I go to the local library and print for 5 cents a page. Granted, I don't print much...

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:After messing with and feeding the inkjet for years, I decided to try to bid printers farewell. It has worked out- when I need something printed, I go to the local library and print for 5 cents a page. Granted, I don't print much...

I take a somewhat similar approach when I have a large print job. A few times a year I need to print 30+ pages. 

I just drop a folder of the pdfs onto a thumb drive and take it to the print shop.  (there's one 4 minutes from my home)

I used to be a somewhat regular at officemax, but more for laminated and blown up stuff. Either way, even cheap lasers are hands down better than ink for almost everything but color.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Inexpensive B&W Brother laser is cheap, fast, reliable and does 2-sided printing.
All previous inkjets were none of the above.
If I really need good color printing it can be found cheaply almost anywhere, but I haven't needed it in years.