Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Love it or Hate it?
Love it
Hate it
[Show Results]

Jags workout Greg Hardy: Express no interest in signing now

Jerry Jones has zero issues signing turds. If he didn't re-sign him, shouldn't that tell you something?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What makes anyone think the Jags are uncomfortable with Fowler's ability to get to the QB? Thus far, they've only seem him perform sans pads. All indications are that he's quick, that he's still got the moves that made him great at UF.

He's essentially a rookie.

Quote:Not sure I want Hardy influencing Fowler, who has shown flashes of not being the brightest guy.

If Fowler isn't a big enough boy to determine right from wrong for himself, we just don't need him here either..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Sounds like they're desperate for some veteran assurance in pass rush.

Really desperate.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

From a entertainment product which relies on a ticket buying public standpoint I really don't see any upside on signing hardy, regardless of how much potential he may have.

It's not like this team has been so successful for so long that they have a waiting list for season tickets. Anything of a negative nature, and Hardy is negative to the max, will not help the Jag's image, Khan's image, or selling tickets.

I don't care if he's the second coming of Randy White, which he clearly isn't, it's just not worth it. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 12:34 PM by JackCity.)

Any chance it was intended to spark a bit of a fire on D?

Quote:Any chance it was intended to spark a bit of a fire on D?

LOL ... this is pro football, I don't think it's about playing mind games. Just Caldwell doing what he's paid to do - seek out and evaluate potential talent.

I'm sure this is one instance in which Khan would get involved in the final decision, if it comes to that. I hope it doesn't.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:LOL ... this is pro football, I don't think it's about playing mind games. Just Caldwell doing what he's paid to do - seek out and evaluate potential talent.

I'm sure this is one instance in which Khan would get involved in the final decision, if it comes to that. I hope it doesn't.

I know just a tin hat theory.

It really surprises me that they'd even interview him. For every 1 Michael Vick, there are about 10 Lawrence Phillips'. Why would a team on the rise with mostly high character guys bring in a "bad guy" like this? The fact that the Cowboys released him should tell us all we need to know. I am disappointed in Caldwell, who has done an outstanding job as G.M. in my opinion.

Quote:He has? Based on what? Missing some games?

The dude shouldn't be allowed back in the league. Point blank. The only reason you feel this way is because what he did wasn't in video. If it was, you would have a different tune.

If they sign him, I'll obviously still root for the team but I'll think very differently of Caldwell and Khan.
I was gonna say this not that I care if he ever plays again it's whatever but how did he already serve his punishment ray rice is still out n he slapped that chick to sleep Greg hardy literally beat the brakes off that chick whooped her Amish she was churnin butter for a week like no buttons for me he definitely Got a slap on the wrist

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 02:51 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:It really surprises me that they'd even interview him. For every 1 Michael Vick, there are about 10 Lawrence Phillips'. Why would a team on the rise with mostly high character guys bring in a "bad guy" like this? The fact that the Cowboys released him should tell us all we need to know. I am disappointed in Caldwell, who has done an outstanding job as G.M. in my opinion.

That's what worries me.  Tells me he feels there's an issue with the pass rush that's bigger than Hardy's issues.

Otherwise, there's no reason to consider such a disruption on a team that's still in the process of building the core of it's defense.

A playoff team wanting to add mustard?  Understandable.

So, I don't see this fitting our rebuild unless he thinks there's a problem (or imminent potential problem) that needs an emergency fix.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He's kind of crazy. Don't know if I want him around our young guys but they know more than I do

Word is Dave has been keeping an eye on Hardy for awhile and supposedly even polled some of the players in the spring on how they felt about him. If true then I doubt this would have anything to do with an upcoming suspension/injury news. Dave has been looking for a vet pass rusher all offseason so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Heck, he went way over the amount he felt comfortable with trying to get Vernon here.

There are reports this was a matter of looking into contingency plans if it's needed.....

You guys need to relax on the "so disappointed in Caldwell talk"

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:This actually makes me worried that

A) The Jags don't think Dante and Yannick are going to provide enough pressure

or

2) There is a pending issue (injury or suspension) that they know about

I'd say it's because we lack a vet at LEO. Can't rely on two rookies.
No commercial messages in sigs

"Sources told ESPN that the Jaguars were doing their due diligence by bringing in Hardy and wanted to sit with him face-to-face to see where he was mentally and physically."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/171219...ource-says

What say you Jungle? 

I say you're way late....

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I would imagine almost everyone agrees that DE is one of the three most questionable areas on the team. We have two talented players that have never played a snap in the NFL. I think Dave would be remiss if he didn't at least kick the tires. Let's says by week five our team is doing pretty well but the defensive end position is struggling. Would Dave bring him in? I certainly might. Dave's job is to get the best players on the field. If the league wants to impose stiffer penalties for bad behavior, by all means let them. But I believe that is best done at the league level. Now if his distractions on the team (in meetings, game day, etc) outweigh his talent, that is a different matter. The fact that Dallas didn't re-sign him raises a red flag there. Still, it might just means we get a better value, and after Dallas not re-signing him he (or his agent) has to know this is probably his last shot to turn things around.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Old news now but I still feel I fall in the middle as Im so torn, we know he is a horrible person so I dont want that. However the idea of a winning team is good. But again horrible person...so....Id lean more towards love that we dont sign him?

Can he play football? If yes, sign him.