Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's got it better than us? No-body!

Quote:Don't really care to argue about which is better. I did notice something though.

"We ranked more than 2,000 cities with populations between 20,000 and 350,000 to come up with our third annual Top 100 Best Places to Live."

I wonder why Jacksonville is not ranked on that list? I'm guessing you just picked a list arbitrarily from Google. Also assuming you didn't read the article.

Didn't read the article. Googled "best places to live". Regardless of the criteria you spotted, Ann Arbor being 8th on the list speaks for itself. Two of the other top 8 places are both in the North, too (Madison and Rochester).

Which place is better to live is certainly subjective. However, these lists do show that the quality of life in Ann Arbor is generally considered high when compared objectively to similarly sized cities all over the country. The whole "they get snow so it must suck" angle doesn't hold weight.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Great

Quote:Great

Do you realize that I'm not the one who brought it up? I agree with you that better place to live is subjective.

Quote:Didn't read the article. Googled "best places to live". Regardless of the criteria you spotted, Ann Arbor being 8th on the list speaks for itself. Two of the other top 8 places are both in the North, too (Madison and Rochester).

Which place is better to live is certainly subjective. However, these lists do show that the quality of life in Ann Arbor is generally considered high when compared objectively to similarly sized cities all over the country. The whole "they get snow so it must suck" angle doesn't hold weight.

Tell that to the 10 million yankees that move down here every year.
Huh

Quote:Tell that to the 10 million yankees that move down here every year.

Good for them?

Ann Arbor is objectively considered a nice play to live. Jim Harbaugh didn't make those lists to lure recruits.

Hail, you actually are the one who brought up quality of life on page 1.  Someone made a little dig and shockingly you had to defend it till no end.

Quote:Hail, you actually are the one who brought up quality of life on page 1.  Someone made a little dig and shockingly you had to defend it till no end.

"Someone made a dig". In other words you recognize that it was someone else that brought up where a better place to live would be despite it being subjective.

Quote:Do you realize that I'm not the one who brought it up? I agree with you that better place to live is subjective.

So you admit you've never left, or continuing to dodge the question?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 11:33 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Was I asked a question?

I realize you're not a very educated man, but "I'm guessing you never left Michigan" is a statement not a question.

I've left Michigan, btw.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 11:40 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Is Livabiliry biased when putting Ann Arbor in the top 10 places to live with populations between 200,000 and 350,000?

Surely there are some Florida cities that fit that criteria. Maybe nobody from the Livibility staff has left Michigan..... Yeah that's probably it lol.

Quote:Was I asked a question?

I realize you're not a very educated man, but "I'm guessing you never left Michigan" is a statement not a question.

I've left Michigan, btw.

Out to eat?  Vacation?

Have you lived anywhere other than Michigan?

At this point, I'm betting you don't have a degree from Michigan, either.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 12:45 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Out to eat? Vacation?

Have you lived anywhere other than Michigan?

At this point, I'm betting you don't have a degree from Michigan, either.
I've vacationed and lived outside of Michigan.

Did you see where Ann Arbor ranked on Livability's top places to live list? Thoughts?

No, I didn't go to Michigan. Never claimed to.

"Is Livability biased when putting Ann Arbor in the top 10 places to live with populations between 200,000 and 350,000?"

Why did you dodge this question? Odd.

Quote:I've vacationed and lived outside of Michigan.

Did you see where Ann Arbor ranked on Livability's top places to live list? Thoughts?

No, I didn't go to Michigan. Never claimed to.

Then you're pretty much Alabama fan north.

Never went there, but act as if you belong - or rather it belongs to you.

My thought is that there are many places I'd rather live than Ann Arbor, and have.

You don't know what you're missing, but then... that's your loss.

Quote:"Someone made a dig". In other words you recognize that it was someone else that brought up where a better place to live would be despite it being subjective.

I know context is hard in text, but it appears the comments were made in jest. Why so serious? 

Quote:I know context is hard in text, but it appears the comments were made in jest. Why so serious?

They were made to troll. Consider the source of the comments.

Quote:Then you're pretty much Alabama fan north.

Never went there, but act as if you belong - or rather it belongs to you.

My thought is that there are many places I'd rather live than Ann Arbor, and have.

You don't know what you're missing, but then... that's your loss.

One doesn't have to go to a school to be w fan of that school's program.

My opinion and the opinion of objective sources like Livibility is that Ann Arbor is a really nice place to live.

Quote:"Is Livability biased when putting Ann Arbor in the top 10 places to live with populations between 200,000 and 350,000?"

Why did you dodge this question? Odd.

How many times will pirkster post here yet pretend to not see this question?

Quote:How many times will pirkster post here yet pretend to not see this question?

As long as it annoys you.

I was joking around when I made my comments. Some people take things way too serious.