Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's got it better than us? No-body!

Quote:Who said he didn't turn the team around? He left San Francisco and it was an utter disaster. He simply got out knowing that it was headed that way. He's an egocentric attention person....I hope you're prepared for the future.

Edit: I thought the word I used would be filtered

He sure ruined Stanford, lol.

And we agree that SF sucked pre and post harbaugh- yet competed while he was there? Sounds like a nice endorsement.

In other words, whois to say the problem isn't more the SF brass than it is Harbaugh? If Harbaugh was a program destroyer, then why didn't he leave Stanford a mess?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So what you're going to do is give him credit for everything he did, but not give him any of the blame for their current state of affairs?  Ok then.

At least Harbaugh spoke our against Kaepernick.  There's a little hope for him.

Yes... because he built Stanford from nothing... lol.

Short shelf life.  You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't approach him with a EXTREMELY HIGH amount of caution.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-4...bowl-xlvii

"...as seen throughout his career, Harbaugh has a short shelf life."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yes... because he built Stanford from nothing... lol.

Short shelf life. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't approach him with a EXTREMELY HIGH amount of caution.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/15411/jim-harbaugh-follies-contributed-to-49ers-downfall-since-super-bowl-xlvii'>http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/15411/jim-harbaugh-follies-contributed-to-49ers-downfall-since-super-bowl-xlvii</a>

"...as seen throughout his career, Harbaugh has a short shelf life."

Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh took over without a double digit win season since 1992. By year 4, Harbaugh had Stanford at 12-1. Stanford has won 11+ games in 4 of the 5 years following his departure.

So, again, if Harbaugh is the culprit then why wasn't Stanford screwed when he left?

Quote:So what you're going to do is give him credit for everything he did, but not give him any of the blame for their current state of affairs? Ok then.

At least Harbaugh spoke our against Kaepernick. There's a little hope for him.

So what you're going to do is ignore how he turned Stanford around and put the program in a position to compete even after he left?

Quote:Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh took over without a double digit win season since 1992. By year 4, Harbaugh had Stanford at 12-1. Stanford has won 11+ games in 4 of the 5 years following his departure.

So, again, if Harbaugh is the culprit then why wasn't Stanford screwed when he left?

What's so special about them?  Nothing.  Willingham, I respected more as a coach.  Shaw is proving to be a better college coach himself.

They have two national titles they claim well before Harbaugh.  Zero with him, and since.

Don't act like he "built" something, as Frank Beamer did with Virginia Tech, Bowden with FSU, and others who truly did build something out of nothing.

Quote:What's so special about them? Nothing. Willingham, I respected more as a coach. Shaw is proving to be a better college coach himself.

They have two national titles they claim well before Harbaugh. Zero with him, and since.

Don't act like he "built" something, as Frank Beamer did with Virginia Tech, Bowden with FSU, and others who truly did build something out of nothing.

Haha ok

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 07:38 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Someone that can't even admit that Harbaugh changed the dynamic at Stanford isn't someone worth discussing this with. What an odd and extreme viewpoint.

You seriously cited 1926 and 1940 titles as a reason that Harbaugh didn't turn the program around in 2007? You're smarter than that pirkster.

Quote:Someone that can't even admit that Harbaugh changed the dynamic at Stanford isn't someone worth discussing this with. What an odd and extreme viewpoint.

You seriously cited 1926 and 1940 titles as a reason that Harbaugh didn't turn the program around in 2007? You're smarter than that pirkster.

...and you weren't worshiping the ground he walked on (which you certainly are doing now)... ...until he signed with Michigan.

You have a huge problem.  It's the elephant in the room that you've never been able to admit.

You cheer lead for anything Michigan worse than anything I've ever seen in my life.

It would be cute, if it weren't so utterly sad.

He's just not that special.

You think so, we know that.  Nobody cares but you.

Don't cry to anyone here who dares attempt to have you face the truth about Harbaugh... when this little marriage you think is so perfect doesn't last, and you still can't figure out what happened and why.

Yawn.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 08:47 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Pirkster, wanna throw $500 on how long Harbaugh is at Michigan? I say 5 or more years. You can take 4 or less. Put your money where your mouth is (though we both know you won't lol).

If that's too expensive for you, I'll go as low as $50. Something tells me you won't be willing to put your money where your mouth is on this one. Trolllllllllol.

[Image: fy06rq.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:[Image: fy06rq.jpg]

Pirkster is a big boy. He can make excuses himself. He doesn't need you.

Quote:Pirkster is a big boy. He can make excuses himself. He doesn't need you.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...

Thanks

Bch, you're a great friend. Thanks for looking out for me!

Hail, you are by far worse than any homer Gator fan I've ever met.  Ever.  You are the TMD of the college section.

The vast majority of people think Harbaugh was a good hire Michigan. Believing what the vast majority thinks doesn't make me a homer.

Believing Harbaugh will be at Michigan for more than 4 years doesn't make me a homer, either, because that is more than reasonable all things considered.

Believing Gardner and funchess was a top tier QB/WR duo was very homerish and I'll be the first to admit it. Thinking Harbaugh is a good coach isn't, however. Your brother loved the Harbaugh hire..... Does that make him stupid or a Michigan homer too? Hmmmm.....?