Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's got it better than us? No-body!

I wonder what that is going to end up being. Maybe Spring practice or "Signing of the Stars" related?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One of our new recruits parents posted on Facebook:

"To me, ELITE means you are a trendsetter on and off the field. It's a great time to be a UM fan. Enjoy every snippet of hate that is coming our way in about a week."

I'm sure you guys will take it easy on me, though. :thumbsup:

Do you actually pay them money to be able to post on that site??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Do you actually pay them money to be able to post on that site??

I did the buy 1 month ($9.99) get 2 moths free deal so I could follow reports going into National Signing Day in February, so it's not just for the forum. Pretty cheap actually.

I wonder how much info totchman actually has.

I have no doubt Harbaugh will do something cool on signing day, but then again parents are going to send their kids to play for Harbaugh so he better do something to distract them from that.

They should change their fight song to "Hail to Francois" so they can sing about their daddy.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I wonder how much info totchman actually has.

I have no doubt Harbaugh will do something cool on signing day, but then again parents are going to send their kids to play for Harbaugh so he better do something to distract them from that.

Probably another sleep over with a high school kid.

Rumor has it the kids loved Neverland Ranch, too.  Drew children from near and far.

King of Pop was a skilled Pied Piper as well.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I know everyone makes fun of Harbaugh (and Hail to a point for his UM love), but it's fascinating the lengths and money these schools are going to now to bring in recruits.  It's not just stadiums and weight rooms anymore, it's rec centers, student gyms, dorms....they pour millions into it just so the football team can make more millions and pour that money back into the school. 

Michigan isn't the only school doing it, all the big schools are...if you aren't, you're falling behind.  UF is falling behind.

Quote:I know everyone makes fun of Harbaugh (and Hail to a point for his UM love), but it's fascinating the lengths and money these schools are going to now to bring in recruits.  It's not just stadiums and weight rooms anymore, it's rec centers, student gyms, dorms....they pour millions into it just so the football team can make more millions and pour that money back into the school. 

Michigan isn't the only school doing it, all the big schools are...if you aren't, you're falling behind.  UF is falling behind.

Yep, and it's not just athletic facilities... dorms, campus amenities, and on and on to attract on the academic side as well.  In many ways curriculum is taking a back seat to comforts.  Looking at it from the school side, all else relatively equal academically and/or athletic program-wise with the schools they are competing for students, they want to have the best "visit" for prospective students.  Certainly not something new, and something they all continue to evolve.  However, it does seem like they're all going overboard in some respects with the pampering.

Like with successful business, they will have to hone in on what actually matters rather than try to cater to every whim.  Otherwise, they are attempting to fulfill unlimited desires with finite resources.  Problem is, schools have shown very poor business sense historically speaking.  Unless they are sports rich and/or have strong programs that provide a healthy, strong stream of grant money... they either won't be able to keep up, and even if they do... many still have to increase costs to students to a point it's getting arguably unsustainable.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I wonder how much info totchman actually has.

Chris Balas today:

"This year’s spring practice announcement will be a bombshell. Look for something Friday at the earliest on this while they tie up loose ends, etc., but suffice it to say Harbaugh is fighting the good fight for his kids … and for college football in general.....

....This is not a one-year thing, by the way, and it took some research and planning. But yeah … you’ll be blown away. This should also help the Wolverines’ recruiting efforts immensely."

Quote:They should change their fight song to "Hail to Francois" so they can sing about their daddy.

Congrats on your win. Cook was very impressive.

Quote:I know everyone makes fun of Harbaugh (and Hail to a point for his UM love), but it's fascinating the lengths and money these schools are going to now to bring in recruits.  It's not just stadiums and weight rooms anymore, it's rec centers, student gyms, dorms....they pour millions into it just so the football team can make more millions and pour that money back into the school. 

The figures in the apparel deals Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, and Notre Dame (and maybe others) signed are pretty insane.

It's true, the deals are crazy...but how many of these schools are operating at a deficit hoping to become one of those upper echelon schools and making the big bucks?  It's a go for broke scheme and the chances of unseating one of the big boys is next to impossible.

Quote:Congrats on your win. Cook was very impressive.

Good thing Michigan won't make the playoffs next year, otherwise they would get torched again by elite QB Francois.

Quote:Good thing Michigan won't make the playoffs next year, otherwise they would get torched again by elite QB Francois.

SMH.. I don't remember him talking a bunch a trash before the Orange Bowl. He lost, he acknowledged that. Give it up.  :whistling:

Quote:SMH.. I don't remember him talking a bunch a [NO SYNONYM?] before the Orange Bowl. He lost, he acknowledged that. Give it up. :whistling:

Lol I'm just giving him a hard time. I'm sure he's not all that worried about a bowl loss, considering Michigan's history and their promising trajectory going forward.

Calm down Titan, Hail is a big boy and isn't afraid to talk trash when the time comes.  He's been known to throw out a bet here and there and have fun with it....all in good fun.

Quote:SMH.. I don't remember him talking a bunch a trash before the Orange Bowl. He lost, he acknowledged that. Give it up. :whistling:

Except about the Dlines and we see how that turned out lol

During my drive home tonight, 1010xl reported that Saban visited 3 area high schools today all by helicopter.  Really?

Not trying to sound like a prude but is commuting to a high school by helicopter really in the best interest of safety for the students, employees and neighboring community?  I guess if I could afford to pick up and drop off my children via helicopter, these schools would have allowed me to use the football field as well.

The reason for the visit was to simply check-in on Sophomore and Junior commitments.  More prude coming; are interruptions like landing helicopters, visiting head coaches and departing helicopters really in the best interest of education?

Good lord....I'm getting old and crotchety.  Tell me why you agree with me or tell me why I should sit in the corner, drink my Ensure and watch Fox News.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">