Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Melania Trump accused of plagiarizing speech from Michelle Obama

Quote:Good God. Lost > 24 and Friends > Seinfeld? I feel sorry for your TV.
Is there a "so much yes" button on this website?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is there a "so much yes" button on this website?

Lost is fine tv but it's not great

There is a whole 3/4 of a season the were quite a mess. Breaking bad over lost and 24.

Quote:Good God. Lost > 24 and Friends > Seinfeld? I feel sorry for your TV.

deal with it. deal. with. it.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 11:27 AM by badger.)

Narcos > Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones Books > Game of Thrones

Stranger Things > Wayward Pines

Bloodline > something.. idk its really good. watch it.

The Killing > boring cable cop drama

"Lexa" from The 100 hotter than Alicia from Fear the Walking Dead.

But I'll accept either.

I'm gracious that way.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ok, what about this

Battlestar Galactica (the remake) > all star trek shows...

--that's s tuff one for me to say, cuz Picard is the man...

AND...

Number Six > 7 of 9 from Voyager

Ivanka or Chelsea?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote:Ok, what about this

AND...

Boomer Remake > Boomer original.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Ok, what about this

AND...

DS9 > BG > all other star treks 

Quote:Boomer Remake > Boomer original.
[Image: swoon.gif]

Quote:DS9 > BG > all other star treks
I'll grant you DS9. Easily the darkest series and easily the best. BG over everything else, eh, no.

TNG was the GOAT.

Quote:TNG was the GOAT.
No. Just no. 100+ episodes of sitting around doing nothing, 4 about battling the Borg. The only good thing to come out of TNG was DS9 (and, subsequently, Worf).

Quote:No. Just no. 100+ episodes of sitting around doing nothing, 4 about battling the Borg. The only good thing to come out of TNG was DS9 (and, subsequently, Worf).
DS9 was what everyone who complains about the reboot movies not being "trek enough" really wants. That show touched on some heavy stuff. Great acting also. 

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 06:45 PM by boudreaumw.)

oops

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 06:46 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:DS9 was what everyone who complains about the reboot movies not being "trek enough" really wants. That show touched on some heavy stuff. Great acting also. 
A certain pair of episodes in the fourth season dealing with a Founder "invasion" might have shaped my world view a bit...

Edit: Amazing how this whole discussion just looped back around to politics.

Quote:As bad/hard as this is, just wait another decade or two. I'm sure it will devolve into much worse choices than this.

American masses will get dumber and dumber. Politicians' policies won't matter (if they'll even talk policy at all).

The only thing that will matter to the American mass population is what gender/race a presidential candidate is, and how big of a reality TV celebrity the candidate became.

Oh,,,,uumm,,,, wait.

Idiocracy, here we come! It's gonna happen folks. Congratulations to future president Duane Alessandro Mountain Dew Camacho!

Idiocracy officially became reality back in 2008.

Confirmed in 2012.

There's no going back now.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:No. Just no. 100+ episodes of sitting around doing nothing, 4 about battling the Borg. The only good thing to come out of TNG was DS9 (and, subsequently, Worf).

I'd follow Picard into the depths of the universe long before anyone else.

[Image: face_palm.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 09:03 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:[Image: face_palm.jpg]
Ok, fine, Q was pretty cool when he wasn't just being used as blatant insulting comic relief.

*Edit: And Tapestry is one of the best hours of Star Trek.