Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Melania Trump accused of plagiarizing speech from Michelle Obama

Quote:I suppose some aren't old enough or weren't paying enough attention 8 years ago.

Some parts of 0bama's early speeches were lifted verbatim from other politicians.

Many have been since "cleansed" from youtube, but several videos are still out there.  They were caught back then, but the difference is they were hidden instead of being front page "news."

It's more common than you might think for politicians to pluck ideas from what's worked crowds for others.

In this case, it's their wives.

"just words"
Lest we forget his Vice President plagiarized an entire speech from an Irish politician years ago.

This whole plagiarism story is manufactured to try to diminish the overarching theme of the actual speech.  I couldn't care less if Michelle Obama made similar comments 8 years ago.  I am encouraged that the one line NOT lifted from any of her speeches was "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country".  She told her own story about being an immigrant in the communist bloc of Europe, and how her parents pressed them to reach for the stars.  She was a success before she ever crossed paths with her husband, and she has continued to build her own brand and run a successful business while still being a mother and wife.

When Michelle gave that speech 8 years ago, the words were hollow.  I don't think the same thing is true coming from Melania Trump.

The left needs to turn this into an issue because it takes the spotlight off of their flawed candidate.  Trump isn't much better, but Clinton is about as bad a nominee as you can get with all of her baggage. So, it's not really surprising that they'd latch on to this to get a little deflection going.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Trump said he would sleep with his daughter

are suggesting that he actually WOULD have sex with his daughter? i dont think that was what he was trying to say.

Clinton actually did do what I was saying.  So here again, you are choosing dude who actually DID have sex in the Oval office and assault women over something a guy said that sounded creepy. that isn't sound logic.

funny how Hillary voters are more concerned with a meaningless first lady speech than the Sec of State breaking the LAW

Quote:funny how Hillary voters are more concerned with a meaningless first lady speech than the Sec of State breaking the LAW

QFT
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 11:35 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Mrs. Obama was clearly the first person in history to invent all of the cliches she used in her speech.

The world is talking about the RNC today. Think about it....

Quote:are suggesting that he actually WOULD have sex with his daughter? i dont think that was what he was trying to say.

Clinton actually did do what I was saying.  So here again, you are choosing dude who actually DID have sex in the Oval office and assault women over something a guy said that sounded creepy. that isn't sound logic.

To be fair, Clinton would have sex with Trump's daughter.  EITHER Clinton.

Quote:funny how Hillary voters are more concerned with a meaningless first lady speech than the Sec of State breaking the LAW

Rule of law doesn't matter if you're supporting Clinton.  That should be crystal clear by now.  For them, it's more about "How have you pandered to me lately?" than anything else.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Lest we forget his Vice President plagiarized an entire speech from an Irish politician years ago.

This whole plagiarism story is manufactured to try to diminish the overarching theme of the actual speech.  I couldn't care less if Michelle Obama made similar comments 8 years ago.  I am encouraged that the one line NOT lifted from any of her speeches was "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country".  She told her own story about being an immigrant in the communist bloc of Europe, and how her parents pressed them to reach for the stars.  She was a success before she ever crossed paths with her husband, and she has continued to build her own brand and run a successful business while still being a mother and wife.

When Michelle gave that speech 8 years ago, the words were hollow.  I don't think the same thing is true coming from Melania Trump.

The left needs to turn this into an issue because it takes the spotlight off of their flawed candidate.  Trump isn't much better, but Clinton is about as bad a nominee as you can get with all of her baggage. So, it's not really surprising that they'd latch on to this to get a little deflection going.

It's entertaining watching the devils squirm in terror as the polls continue to move in his favor, the demand for advertising skyrockets, and ratings for the convention outpace previous years.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

What's with all the excuses?

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 12:40 PM by CAPTAIN.)

At least Trump was right about immigrants stealing work from citizens.

Probably never thought it'd be his bimbo wife doing the stealing! Looooooooool

She broke the law?

Also, trump said on at least two occasions he's lusted after Ivanka, but lamented that alas, she's my daughter.

Quote:At least Trump was right about immigrants stealing work from citizens.

Probably never thought it'd be his bimbo wife doing the stealing! Looooooooool

Fun fact, they lied about her intelligence. The said that melanoma graduated from college.

Turns out she dropped out after 1 year...

Quote:She broke the law?

Yes. Many times.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Yes. Many times.

Well, then, can you provide the indictments?

Melania has responded: "These accusations of plagiarism are not only hurtful to me, but they are hurtful to my children Sasha and Malia."

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Well, then, can you provide the indictments?
Indictments? Maybe not. There are thousands of pages of FBI investigation transcripts for you to see though. We all know you are quite proficient with Google. Get to work, CNN will still be there when you're done.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Trump is making the mistake that he can do it his way. Winning primaries is one thing. This is a new ball game. The shout downs from the Colorado crew. Boos when they tried slamming Kasich. The suggestion of a copied speech...that is what it is, what makes it worse in my view is that Donald said she wrote it herself, now theyre waivering. While the woman who lost her son in Benghazi was giving a powerful speech, he is on Fox news..even stating that HE was the one who wanted Cleveland for the convention site. OK..I guess he knew he would be here in 2014 when the decision was made...that amazing brain working.

They are unorganized, they are divisive amongst themselves, theyre screwing on the wings at 40,000 feet.

Then Giuliani ...firebrand, power speaker....got crowd pumped...America!! A White America, A Black America A One America...where is it???   Certainly not in the crowd when the camera panned.

Good thing it was just the first day. They have to fix a few things

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Melania has responded: "These accusations of plagiarism are not only hurtful to me, but they are hurtful to my children Sasha and Malia."
Rookie mistake...

Should have just conceded it, explained it away, and the whole story would have disappeared.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM by badger.)

Quote:She broke the law?

oh woops, sorry, forgot... she's an angel

Quote:Indictments? Maybe not. There are thousands of pages of FBI investigation transcripts for you to see though. We all know you are quite proficient with Google. Get to work, CNN will still be there when you're done.

So... no indictments, therefore, no crimes...

Lol. You may not like what happened, but the facts are she committed no crimes.

If you don't trust her, that's your truth. But she's broken no laws.

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences."