Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump on 60 minutes

you're more obsessed with Trump than anybody ive seen around here. its a little weird.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Uh... he's the republican candidate, am I supposed to make an uniformed or poorly educated decision about who I vote for?

So yeah, was I right that he was fir the Iraq invasion before he was against it?

Quote:all that is needed from the president is some common sense.  he provides that at least. the arrogance and me me me stuff im willing to accept over the globalist robot Hillary
Agreed.  We've had 8 years of a narcissist taking every opportunity to get in front of a camera to talk about himself no matter the situation.  How many times did he reference "I" or "me" during the "eulogy" at the memorial for the murdered cops in Dallas?

Trump is an arrogant windbag.  He's a narcissist.  But, he does have some common sense.  Compared with what Clinton brings to the table, I'll take it.  Sorry.  How liberals can sit here and completely ignore the glaring flaws in their candidate and actually get excited about the prospect of voting for that hypocritical criminal in a $12,000 burlap pantsuit is beyond me.  Peddling influence for donations to the family business is unsavory enough.  Being derelict in her duties as Secretary of State is reprehensible.  Handing her the keys to the Oval Office is unthinkable.

I don't like Trump.  He was never my choice.  But, the one thing that can be said about him that can't be for Clinton is that he's not bought and paid for.  Clinton is in the pocket of companies and banks that she regularly lambastes when pandering to an audience.  She is on a leash with countries who support extremist views that she claims to be opposed to.  All so that she and her husband can bankroll a phony charitable organization that provides them with a lifestyle that most of us will never realize. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 11:03 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Obama is a narcissist, but trump won't be?

Whether or not you don't like the Clintons, ww3 is something that I think may not be avoided under a trump fascist regime.

The guy represents the worst parts of America. He tells us we are a crime scene, our immigrants are the worst scum of other countries, and that all our leaders (except him) are stupid.

I'm sorry, but fur as much as she hate Clinton, trump would be a disaster for this country.

The Clintons at least know how to govern. Trump can't even pull off a 4 day convention within without pooping the bed.

So how about that Iraq war? Big deal? Not a big deal?

Edit, I guess I should have read the whole post.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2016, 10:58 AM by badger.)

his foreign policy does not line up with my own.  he's starting to sound more like a neo-con, but at other at times he sounds isolationist.  who knows which view he will actually implement.  still better than Hillary who we know is on board with destabilizing the middle east step by step, providing more footholds for terrorists.  She's not anti-Iraq war.  The Clinton and Bush family vacation together.  so i dont know wth you are talking about.

same goes for Obama.  he voted no on the war, but in his own right he's actually caused more harm than good in the middle east.

Quote:Obama is a narcissist, but trump won't be? Wow!

You guys have lost it!

So how about that Iraq war? Big deal? Not a big deal?

Edit, I guess I should have read the whole post.

he just said, "Trump is a narcissist" how one can interpret that to mean "Trump wont be a narcissist" is a mystery 

Obama and Hillary are taking us to WW3.  Listen to what Putin is saying.  But the American media doesn't cover that, do they?  

Trump and Putin would get along.  They are both nationalists, not globalists.  They will do what's best for their own countries, and each understands that about the other.  Neither will sell out their people to the U.N. or NATO.  From there, diplomacy has a firm foundation and mutual interests can be served. 

Quote:Obama and Hillary are taking us to WW3.  Listen to what Putin is saying.  But the American media doesn't cover that, do they?  

Trump and Putin would get along.  They are both nationalists, not globalists.  They will do what's best for their own countries, and each understands that about the other.  Neither will sell out their people to the U.N. or NATO.  From there, diplomacy has a firm foundation and mutual interests can be served. 

Agreed.

The lapdog media is fully invested in covering the posteriors of any candidate they have created a mythology around, and whom they support wholeheartedly.  All you need to do is look at idiots like Chris Matthews last night, howling about how low rent it was to have Patricia Smith, the other of one of the Benghazi victims speak at the convention last night.  It's as if making the case for why Hillary should never be allowed to serve as the president of this nation is completely unacceptable.  Meanwhile, they're all focusing like a laser on Melania's speech. 

Obama and Clinton have done more to destabilize the Middle East, and antagonize Russia while cuddling up with state sponsors of terrorism like Iran.  It's clear where their allegiances lie, and when the dust settles, we're headed down a path right now that could ultimately have us in the middle of WW3 regardless of who the next president is.  To think Trump could do any worse than Clinton and Obama have done for the past 8 years is pretty naive, but not really surprising considering the people who are doing so. 

Obama continues to say even this week that globalism is the answer.  We're seeing otherwise.

As much as I don't like Trump, the one thing I do think he will do is surround himself with quality people to handle both the diplomatic and military fronts for this country.  We've already seen what a disaster diplomatically Clinton has been.  I don't see that getting any worse, especially if Bubba gets into the White House and starts throwing his opinion into the mix. 

We know what we'll get with Clinton.  4 more years of the same garbage we've endured for the past nearly 8.  I'll pass on that, thank you.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Does your supply make you talk to the Dust Bunnies?

It would be rude to not reply when the Dust Bunnies talk to me.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I disagree... have you seen our allies reaction to trump? Britain was debating not allowing trump enter their soil. He'd isolate us from our allies.

As for Putin, he's no friend to us interests. Once trump gets briefed by the generals and other military advisers, he'll be in the same spot Obama is in...

What's worse, trump doesn't know anything but running his mouth, that not how you handle a dictator like Putin.

Trump exacerbates everything. He has no diplomatic experience. Let's not be naive here.

The diplomacy experience is irrelevant.  What's relevant is the agendas behind the diplomacy.  Trump seemingly has an agenda that is nationalistic and pro-America while Hillary is a globalist.  Choose one.

Quote:I disagree... have you seen our allies reaction to trump? Britain was debating not allowing trump enter their soil. He'd isolate us from our allies.

As for Putin, he's no friend to us interests. Once trump gets briefed by the generals and other military advisers, he'll be in the same spot Obama is in...

What's worse, trump doesn't know anything but running his mouth, that not how you handle a dictator like Putin.

Trump exacerbates everything. He has no diplomatic experience. Let's not be naive here.

With the UK leaving the EU, they are going to be more reliant on the US than ever when it comes to making trade agreements/partnerships.  They have a better chance with Trump of making solid arrangements than they would with a corrupt Clinton.  Maybe if they grease the skids and donate heavily to her family charity, they might benefit.  Otherwise, not so much. 

We don't know anything about Trump beyond the media narrative that you lap up like a man who has been walking in the wilderness for days with no sustenance when he finally stumbles upon fresh water and food.  How Trump will deal with being president will depend heavily upon who he surrounds himself with to serve as advisors.  I have a much higher hope that he'll bring in good, qualified people to help with the decision making process than Clinton, who will look to fill her cabinet with the most politically correct candidates possible regardless of qualifications.  For her, it's about satisfying groups than getting the best people for the job. 

If all Trump knew how to do was run his mouth, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the overall success he's enjoyed in the private sector. 

Trump will not be the diplomat in his administration.  That's not the role of the president.  And if we're going to talk about experience, let's look at Clinton's actual track record and the mess she left in her wake as Secretary of State, or her resume of success in the Senate.  The only real success she's had in her career is marrying well enough to get into the White House. 

Quote:The diplomacy experience is irrelevant. What's relevant is the agendas behind the diplomacy. Trump seemingly has an agenda that is nationalistic and pro-America while Hillary is a globalist. Choose one.

Sorry, but I don't consider trump to be anything but pro trump.

And his type of nationalism is similar to that of the Nazis...

In that situation, I'll take Clinton with a side of Bernie, and Elizabeth Warren as her running mate to hopefully keep her honest...

Worst case scenario, we have the status quo that at least keeps us from nuclear war.

Oh, and Clinton is now campaigning on overriding Citizens United.

Quote:Sorry, but I don't consider trump to be anything but pro trump.

And his type of nationalism is similar to that of the Nazis...

In that situation, I'll take Clinton with a side of Bernie, and Elizabeth Warren as her running mate to hopefully keep her honest...

Worst case scenario, we have the status quo that at least keeps us from nuclear war.

Oh, and Clinton is now campaigning on overriding Citizens United.

So you choose busybodies, petty tyrants, and an incompetent felon over a guy who just wants to get rich(er). You have chosen...poorly. Which is what we'll all be when Hilly and her crew are done.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So you choose busybodies, petty tyrants, and an incompetent felon over a guy who just wants to get rich(er). You have chosen...poorly. Which is what we'll all be when Hilly and her crew are done.

Lol, well, when you paint/describe trump in that light... you should be a politician yourself.

Trump is not a hard working, honest business man that is just hustling to make a buck.

Let's be honest about the type of person he is, and the type of campaign he's running... then we can have a real conversation about the two candidates and the pros and cons of both.

side of Bernie? not sure what that means.  You're talking about the guy she cheated in the election.

Quote:side of Bernie? not sure what that means. You're talking about the guy she cheated in the election.

Yeah, it was a bad metaphor... I just mean that Bernie will be pushing her to the left.

Quote:Yeah, it was a bad metaphor... I just mean that Bernie will be pushing her to the left.
Unless he's on the ticket, he's not pushing her anywhere. 

Quote:Unless he's on the ticket, he's not pushing her anywhere.

Oh yeah? That's funny, I heard that Clinton made a statement that in the first 30 days in office she'd have proposed legislation for congress which will take down the citizens United ruling.

Repealing citizens United is and has always been the banner issue of Bernie's for the almost four years I've listened to him... gotta say, that makes me pretty happy.

Quote:I disagree... have you seen our allies reaction to trump? Britain was debating not allowing trump enter their soil. He'd isolate us from our allies.

Our allies?  Time to find our who they really are.  Nothing wrong with that.  We've seen that the will of the people in the UK isn't exactly aligned with the captured media or the globalist agenda.  

The Russians actually have more in common with us than almost anyone.  And Putin is as much of a straight shooter as you will find at his level.  Trump has plenty of experience hobnobbing with kings and such.  That part of it is always for show, and some are better at it than others.  What matters is how we treat other nations and what our philosophy is.  We have relied on the threat of overwhelming military power for a long time.  Everybody's your friend when a destroyer is pointed at their head.  Do we have any real friends?   Do we even still have the overwhelming military power?  We haven't won a war in a long time, unless you really stretch the definition of "winning".