Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump on 60 minutes

Quote:Lol, well, when you paint/describe trump in that light... you should be a politician yourself.

Trump is not a hard working, honest business man that is just hustling to make a buck.

Let's be honest about the type of person he is, and the type of campaign he's running... then we can have a real conversation about the two candidates and the pros and cons of both.

I'm voting 3rd party, it doesnt matter what I think of them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh yeah? That's funny, I heard that Clinton made a statement that in the first 30 days in office she'd have proposed legislation for congress which will take down the citizens United ruling.

Repealing citizens United is and has always been the banner issue of Bernie's for the almost four years I've listened to him... gotta say, that makes me pretty happy.

You know that legislation would be DOA.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Someone please explain to me how they can listen to an unscripted Donal Trump and arrive at the conclusion he is fit and ready to lead our nation.

He's not eloquent, that's for sure. Hillary is definitely more articulate. Unfortunately, when she proclaims it's raining it has to be verified with a look out the window.

Quote:You know that legislation would be DOA.

But why?  Wouldn't this be a bi-partisan bill?  Even trump mentions how the system is rigged...  

Quote:But why?  Wouldn't this be a bi-partisan bill?  Even trump mentions how the system is rigged...  

Do you really think that either side of the Congress would allow it?

I don't know, maybe?

If Hillary really thinks she can win the white house and then not push the progressive agenda that Bernie brings, she'll be a one term president.

Seriously, she's such a flawed candidate that if the gop had run anyone other than trump that has a slight populist message, that person would be beating Hillary by 6-10 points...

Quote:I don't know, maybe?

If Hillary really thinks she can win the white house and then not push the progressive agenda that Bernie brings, she'll be a one term president.

Seriously, she's such a flawed candidate that if the gop had run anyone other than trump that has a slight populist message, that person would be beating Hillary by 6-10 points...

Congress is owned lock stock and barrel by the people who consider United to be to their benefit. No one on the Hill would ever bite the hand that feeds them, including Madame Shrillary.

Quote:Congress is owned lock stock and barrel by the people who consider United to be to their benefit. No one on the Hill would ever bite the hand that feeds them, including Madame Shrillary.

If that's the case, and she wins--- she'll be a one term president.

I know that citizens United is to the benefit of the corporate elite, but she's not gonna get the benefit of the doubt the way Obama did with the base of the democratic party...

If she thinks she can ignore her base, she's got another thing coming.

Matter of fact, there's a chance she loses to trump if she doesn't start making more concessions to the left starting next week.

She's not out of the woods yet, that's all I'm saying

Hillary could spend all her days in the oval office making finger paintings and the media would still find a way to distract the public, influencing them to vote for her

Quote:Hillary could spend all her days in the oval office making finger paintings and the media would still find a way to distract the public, influencing them to vote for her

I'm tellin you, man... a Marco Rubio or even a rand Paul would have beaten Clinton in a landslide...

Trump may still win, and he's a terrible candidate... That should tell you how weak Hillary's support is

Quote:If that's the case, and she wins--- she'll be a one term president.

I know that citizens United is to the benefit of the corporate elite, but she's not gonna get the benefit of the doubt the way Obama did with the base of the democratic party...

If she thinks she can ignore her base, she's got another thing coming.

Matter of fact, there's a chance she loses to trump if she doesn't start making more concessions to the left starting next week.

She's not out of the woods yet, that's all I'm saying

Isn't it an sign of our odd times that the nominee has to move away from the Center to secure her base. It's usually the opposite after the primaries.

Wouldn't it be great if some day we could choose between two really good candidates?   And not just vote for the least worst one?  

Quote:Wouldn't it be great if some day we could choose between two really good candidates?   And not just vote for the least worst one?  

This post had me trying to remember if it's ever been different. 1796/1800 Jefferson vs. Adams?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2016, 05:17 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:This post had me trying to remember if it's ever been different. 1796/1800 Jefferson vs. Adams?

Well, that may be a case where there were two good candidates, but the most interesting aspect about that campaign to me is that Jefferson vs Adams was one of the most down and dirty mudslinging campaigns in history. 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/ada...aigning-us

"Things got ugly fast. Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman." In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward. Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind.""

And, of course, things went downhill from there...

Quote:Well, that may be a case where there were two good candidates, but the most interesting aspect about that campaign to me is that Jefferson vs Adams was one of the most down and dirty mudslinging campaigns in history.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/adams-vs-jefferson-birth-negative-campaigning-us'>http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/adams-vs-jefferson-birth-negative-campaigning-us</a>

"Things got ugly fast. Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman." In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward. Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind.""

And, of course, things went downhill from there...

"hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

That's a quality insult.100% using this on one of my friends.

Quote:"hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

That's a quality insult.100% using this on one of my friends.

Hopefully you do it sober, I can't imagine trying to say it right while under the influence.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]