Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Military Coup Underway in Turkey Right Now

They aren't rapping yazidi girls and killing gays because of western occupation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm sure the protestants and the Catholics thought the same thing for millennia...

It's hard to have peace when one group feels their sovereignty is being usurped by an occupying foreign entity...

To say that their society is incompatible to ours is "final solution" talk, and I reject it.

That type of speech smacks of ignorance. Most middle eastern citizens just want to live their lives in peace. To think there is no solution but kill or be killed is ridiculous, and quite frankly, beneath you, flsprt.

Their squabbles were never really about religion though.

Quote:I'm not versed enough in the protestant v Catholic thing, so I'll leave that alone, except to say that I thought their conflict has been going on for a couple centuries...

But to your critique of "them"...

Do you realize that a person I the middle east that fears western occupation could cut your words and paste them into their blog to have a valid critique of our society from their prospective...

That, to me, shows that both sides are demonizing the other. The truth lies in between.

Like I said, the people want peace. The rulers, on both sides, want power. And we're being duped to look at the entire region as the enemy in order to make the war look legitimate.

Centuries yes, Millenia no. The latest conflict, The Troubles was just as much a Civil War as a religious one and it's been over since 1998.  Islam vs the West is now into its second 1,000 years though, with no signs of slowing down.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what the "people" do or don't want, it's what they do that matters. Have we learned nothing in that last 100 years?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Fail.

Oooo, good post!  :thumbsup:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:They aren't rapping yazidi girls and killing gays because of western occupation.

To be fair, the alter boy's would have something to say about that...

And the k street politicians that pushed for capital punishment in African countries of people convicted of being gay (I forget which republicans and which African nations) could be kindred spirits of those middle eastern tyrants...

Quote:Their squabbles were never really about religion though.

At the beginning they were though... weren't they?

My point is that the fight now isn't about religion anymore, either.

Quote:Centuries yes, Millenia no. The latest conflict, The Troubles was just as much a Civil War as a religious one and it's been over since 1998. Islam vs the West is now into its second 1,000 years though, with no signs of slowing down.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what the "people" do or don't want, it's what they do that matters. Have we learned nothing in that last 100 years?

I would say that what the people want is important in finding a solution in a way that concludes without a genocide.

Also, the states we have issues with are now relatively stable. Isis has no governmental apparatus that would be considered a negotiating state, the are a terrorist organization that occupies parts of 2 counties.

We are actually able to negotiate with several Islamic countries that don't appear to be gunning for us, so to speak.

Quote:To be fair, the alter boy's would have something to say about that...

And the k street politicians that pushed for capital punishment in African countries of people convicted of being gay (I forget which republicans and which African nations) could be kindred spirits of those middle eastern tyrants...

Muhamed is on record as being inspired while in bed with a 9 year old.

Quote:Muhamed is on record as being inspired while in bed with a 9 year old.

I'm sure some cardinals and other clergy have as well.

Look, are we gonna go back and forth on this?

You get my point-- the corruption of men and the tyranny of those with power is not a monopoly owned by only "them".

We do not wear the white gown of innocence, and the sooner we recognize that as a society, the sooner we can find real solutions that will lead to peace.

If u can point out to me anywhere in the bible where pedophilia is encouraged then your opinion has a foundation.

Part of the SOLUTION has to involve basic objective analysis of an ideology. The IDEOLOGY advocates slavery sex slavery and militaristic inquisition style jihad. That's not some rogue cleric with a peculiar fetish. Its the core of the ideology as supported by their texts and played out over the pages of history.

More news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36843180

Quote: 

Authorities have banned all academics from travelling abroad, as the purge of state employees suspected of being connected to the failed coup continues.

Quote: 

So far about 1,577 university deans (faculty heads) have been asked to resign in addition to 21,000 teachers and 15,000 education ministry officials.

The anti-secularization of Turkey is proceeding much more rapidly than anyone expected.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:More news:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36843180'>http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36843180</a>

The anti-secularization of Turkey is proceeding much more rapidly than anyone expected.

Sooner or later they all end up against the wall.