Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dump Chad Henne

Quote:McCarron wasn't a rookie.

Well, he missed his rookie season on reserve. ...it's practically the same.

Besides, if Henne gets in the offense will either stall as he reverts to his dink and gun game, or he'll try to do what he knows he can't, and that's throw deep. His career has been plagued with INTs when he does throw deep, so that's just disaster waiting to happen. With Allen you have a guy who typically throws deep. That's what he does, and the Jaguars drafted him despite not needing him because they were so impressed with his talent. Maybe I'm an idiot for thinking this, but I do feel like Allen would give the Jaguars a better chance to win than Henne.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, he missed his rookie season on reserve. ...it's practically the same.

Besides, if Henne gets in the offense will either stall as he reverts to his dink and gun game, or he'll try to do what he knows he can't, and that's throw deep. His career has been plagued with INTs when he does throw deep, so that's just disaster waiting to happen. With Allen you have a guy who typically throws deep. That's what he does, and the Jaguars drafted him despite not needing him because they were so impressed with his talent. Maybe I'm an idiot for thinking this, but I do feel like Allen would give the Jaguars a better chance to win than Henne.
When Allen is put on reserve or the practice squad this year and then is allowed to compete for a backup spot next year, you can pretend he is a rookie too.

Quote:Well, he missed his rookie season on reserve. ...it's practically the same.

It's crazy how quickly people forget what Henne was like the last time he got to play. I think he threw for 20 yards in a half and was so bad the coach had to put Bortles in even though he wasn't at all ready to lead an NFL team, and he was still night and day better than Henne was. If he's on the field for the Jaguars for any significant action during the season the Jaguars season will essentially be over. With that being the case I really don't understand why they wasted so much money signing him to start with, but even more I wouldn't understand why they'd cut a rookie they liked enough to draft to keep Henne around.

Quote:It's crazy how quickly people forget what Henne was like the last time he got to play. I think he threw for 20 yards in a half and was so bad the coach had to put Bortles in even though he wasn't at all ready to lead an NFL team, and he was still night and day better than Henne was. If he's on the field for the Jaguars for any significant action during the season the Jaguars season will essentially be over. With that being the case I really don't understand why they wasted so much money signing him to start with, but even more I wouldn't understand why they'd cut a rookie they liked enough to draft to keep Henne around.

What is actually crazy is that some people think any random QB would be better even as far as to say a 6th rd pick that has never taken an NFL snap gives us a better chance to win.

Henne is your typical backup QB with an atypical amount of experience.

As easily as some people try to make it out to replace him, they forget that he turned out to be a more reliable option than a former number one draft pick of this franchise.

Yeah, if Bledsoe goes down we cant expect a rookie 6th to make any difference.

Waitaminute...

Who were we talking about?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2016, 04:06 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Yeah, if Bledsoe goes down we cant expect a rookie 6th to make any difference.

Waitaminute...

Who were we talking about?
1.  Brady was not a rookie when Bledsoe went down.

2.  You don't expect Allen to be Brady, do you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Let me end this topic right quick.

Henne will be the backup for 2016. Allen will be developed on the practice squad.

It's not going to matter anyway because we have Bortles and we are all hoping for big things this year.

Lock it up.

Quote:1.  Brady was not a rookie when Bledsoe went down.

2.  You don't expect Allen to be Brady, do you?

Nope, but the idea that we just let our draft pick go to keep a veteran we don't need for a season where .500 is about the very best we can hope for? NAh, keep Allen and ditch Henne. It's time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Nope, but the idea that we just let our draft pick go to keep a veteran we don't need for a season where .500 is about the very best we can hope for? NAh, keep Allen and ditch Henne. It's time.
Who said we had to let our draft pick go?

The practice squad is designed for people like Allen.

With Allen's knack for the deep pass and given how impressive he was at the senior bowl, I don't feel he'll last on the practice squad. He was drafted in the 6th because Caldwell knew he wouldn't last until the 7th.

'02

Quote:With Allen's knack for the deep pass and given how impressive he was at the senior bowl, I don't feel he'll last on the practice squad. He was drafted in the 6th because Caldwell knew he wouldn't last until the 7th.
The senior bowl was well before the draft. Every team got to see him.

If teams were anxious to sign him to their roster. he wouldn't have been sitting there in the 6th rd.

I would argue Henne has never really had any serious weapons until Blackmon got here and he was a rookie. I think he has done OK considering his Gabbert like career path, tons of head coaches/different systems. Lackluster talent. I would think he would be just fine for 3-5 games if Bortles went down. I dont really care for Henne, but he has kinda gotten a short stick throughout his career. 

Teams that need a QB have a plan for getting one well before the 6th round.  Brandon Allen was a luxury for the Jags, but has a good pedigree, had success in the SEC and the coaches really liked what they saw when they had him for a whole week.  He's not just a guy.  Dave Caldwell does things for a reason.  Brandon Allen is our Rob Johnson.  We don't need Steve Beuerlein anymore.  We have Brunell and Rob Johnson. 

Quote:Teams that need a QB have a plan for getting one well before the 6th round.  Brandon Allen was a luxury for the Jags, but has a good pedigree, had success in the SEC and the coaches really liked what they saw when they had him for a whole week.  He's not just a guy.  Dave Caldwell does things for a reason.  Brandon Allen is our Rob Johnson.  We don't need Steve Beuerlein anymore.  We have Brunell and Rob Johnson. 
Maybe Allen will turn out like Rob Johnson, but like Rob Johnson he will be the third QB his rookie year.

i said this a few times in the past and I'm not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but I think chinny and blake have a bit of a connection as friends... Now I'm not saying to just throw chad money because blake needs a buddy but I do think chad has help blake transition a little bit into the NFL. Freddy T was giving a interview and he was quoted saying one the most beneficial things he had coming into the NFL was James Stewart showing him how to be a professional. Not so much teaching him the position, but a older figure showing him how to conduct himself in the NFL. Also, whatever they are doing with blake seems to be working, so why start moving things around that really don't need to be moved. Chinny is  serviceable back who knows the offense and holds the clip board well in the mean time, imo  I don't think he needs to go anywhere.

Maybe we should give Blake's Mom $4 mil a year to hang out with him.  How about paying a QB to play QB, not to be somebody's buddy? 

Quote:With Allen's knack for the deep pass and given how impressive he was at the senior bowl, I don't feel he'll last on the practice squad. He was drafted in the 6th because Caldwell knew he wouldn't last until the 7th.

What else does he do well?

Quote:He was drafted in the 6th because Caldwell knew he wouldn't last until the 7th.

We could also say he was drafted in the 6th because Caldwell (and 31 others) knew he wasn't worth a 5th.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Who said we had to let our draft pick go?

The practice squad is designed for people like Allen.

And the PS creates risk.

Not as much risk as making a 6th rd rookie your primary backup