Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dump Chad Henne

That is the same premise if you think they will cut Henne to keep another player. They will have a backup QB regardless if you think they need one or not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd love to see us drop Chad Henne... as soon as we know we have a viable backup.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

So...  Can we just point out and enjoy how nice it is to actually have a 7 page thread that is, effectively, debating the 53rd slot on the Roster?!

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:So... Can we just point out and enjoy how nice it is to actually have a 7 page thread that is, effectively, debating the 53rd slot on the Roster?!

Every slot matters... Especially a slot that can potentially replace Bortles...

[Image: A8D8IW6.gif]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Id trade Henne for a crispy chicken, bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Maybe Allen will turn out like Rob Johnson, but like Rob Johnson he will be the third QB his rookie year.

I was kind of hoping you were going to say,"...but like Rob Johnson he will turn into a future Fred Taylor."

Quote:So...  Can we just point out and enjoy how nice it is to actually have a 7 page thread that is, effectively, debating the 53rd slot on the Roster?!

How so Ditz Diz?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:We've already decided that we aren't winning the Superb Owl with Bortles this year anyway, it makes no difference who the back up QB is.
It does if you're trying to make a playoff run.  And it does if you're Gus Bradley trying to keep your job.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Dallas needs a #2 QB now and is considering trading for one.  How about Henne for a LG?

So then we will need to trade that LG for a #2 QB.

Brilliant.

Why would we "need" to trade an every down starter for a backup who will likely never see the field?

Because there is no magic #2 QB tree to pick from.

Quote:It does if you're trying to make a playoff run.  And it does if you're Gus Bradley trying to keep your job.

We aren't, they've pretty much said that this is just another building year, so 7 and 9 is just fine. You can do that without Henne.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

No they haven't

Quote:We aren't, they've pretty much said that this is just another building year, so 7 and 9 is just fine. You can do that without Henne.
Is there a link somewhere to them saying this is just another building year?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:We aren't, they've pretty much said that this is just another building year, so 7 and 9 is just fine. You can do that without Henne.

Which 'they' said that?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I guess I should be astounded that some of us are still worrying about Chad as a backup; perhaps I should be, but I'm not. We all know he isn't flashy. He is pretty much just a game manager with the ball. Could a younger guy step in and seem more 'dynamic' from the get-go? Of course; but that same young guy could also be a ball turn over machine as a result of rookie mistakes.

There are all kinds of things we could wish our backups (at any position) to be; fast, smart, dynamic, reliable.. and the list goes on. But the one most fundamental requirment of a backup quarterback is that he be capable of at least being a 'game manager'. That's a virtue that we don't know that all rooky quarterbacks in the NFL have; they are, in that respect, largely unkown intities. How many of us would want to put a game on the line while we find out if a rookie quarterback can handle the load when we have an experienced quarterback (who is admittedly not going to win any contest for flashy play) ready to go in?

If Bortles goes out of a game for some reason, I would favor an experienced backup, someone in whom we know what to expect, rather than rolling the dice on a rookie backup who could as easily prove to be either a goat or a hero. We don't need to worry about developing Bortles replacement right now; our money is on Bortles to carry us. The backup should just be that; a reliable backup that we can count on to come in and hand the ball off or make easy pass plays to manage a game. We have that in Chad. He isn't a 'stud', but he is fundamentally sound and what is needed from a backup quarterback.

I'm thinking if we had a stud at LG it's just more health insurance for Blake and less chance we will need to play the #2 QB.

Dallas wanted Nick Foles, now they're trying to TRADE FOR JOSH McCOWN.  Draft picks for McCown?  How about a LG for Henne, Jerra?