Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cops Shoot and Kill UNARMED White Male… Where’s the Outrage?

Quote:Just curious what the article suppose to prove?

Whites who commit crimes are well behaved in court while blacks act like animals who are reunited like its a family reunion.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 02:21 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:ya that's not gonna be received well

To be honest this "public defender" is more concerned with giving stereotyped observations rather than acknowledge the criminal justice system being broken, so it really didn't have any value. It's just another opinionated dramatized article.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Not to throw fuel on the fire, but here is a synopsis of a defense attorney regarding race.

http://www.amren.com/features/2014/05/co...-defender/

You can take it anyway you want to. I just thought some of the thoughts of the attorney were interesting.

That's a pretty good article if you ask me.  I do believe that it illustrates at least part of the problem.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Wait a second, if you read the story the kid mimicked having a gun and started towards the cops. If that story is true it's perfectly reasonable for the officers to believe their lives where in danger, as someone else said suicide by cop.

There's justifiable and unjustifiable police shootings, doesn't matter the race of who was shot its the situation that should come into question.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Not to throw fuel on the fire, but here is a synopsis of a defense attorney regarding race.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.amren.com/features/2014/05/confessions-of-a-public-defender/'>http://www.amren.com/features/2014/05/confessions-of-a-public-defender/</a>

You can take it anyway you want to. I just thought some of the thoughts of the attorney were interesting.

"Most blacks are unable to speak English well. They cannot conjugate verbs. They have a poor grasp of verb tenses. They have a limited vocabulary. They cannot speak without swearing."

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 03:16 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:"Most blacks are unable to speak English well. They cannot conjugate verbs. They have a poor grasp of verb tenses. They have a limited vocabulary. They cannot speak without swearing."

Well that doesnt sound racist at all..

Edit: figured I should add the :Confusedarcasm:: tag
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Well that doesnt sound racist at all..

This made me cry laughing.  You Sir, just made my day.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

That was the funniest part of the whole article for me.

That's pretty funny.   Good one. 

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 03:45 PM by badger.)

This article reminds me of that high profile scientific study that concluded blacks are less evolved than whites, and whites are less evolved than asians.  I think it's all [BAD WORD REMOVED].  Much of it is based on IQ tests and things like that (designed by scientists) that don't account for thousands of other possible factors that contribute to individual development and behavior.

Quote:This article reminds me of that high profile scientific study that concluded blacks are less evolved than whites, and whites are less evolved than asians.  I think it's all [BAD WORD REMOVED].  Much of it is based on IQ tests and things like that (designed by scientists) that don't account for thousands of other possible factors that contribute to individual development and behavior.

The blacks are Super predators in the 1990's was the study.

That's what the article referenced earlier is garbage and is just a sensational opinion piece.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 03:59 PM by badger.)

Quote:The blacks are Super predators in the 1990's was the study.

That's what the article referenced earlier is garbage and is just a sensational opinion piece.

The study I found was by James Watson 2007.  He talks about how he wants to cure poor intelligence through gene therapy.

I see this as one of the pitfalls of evolution as a philosophy and naturalism.  We are who we are based on our physical makeup. Therefore, unless you can change a person biologically, the same behavior will keep repeating itself.

It does sound pretty bad.

Does it make you wonder if that line of thinking is more common than people know, at least within the law enforcement and criminal justice professions? If it is, why? 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:It does sound pretty bad.

Does it make you wonder if that line of thinking is more common than people know, at least within the law enforcement and criminal justice professions? If it is, why? 

I think it's because people tend to look at issues only on the surface and use personal experience to determine their world view.

Quote:"Most blacks are unable to speak English well. They cannot conjugate verbs. They have a poor grasp of verb tenses. They have a limited vocabulary. They cannot speak without swearing."

You can't just take one sentence and interpret it out of context.  I'm pretty sure that the author is talking about his black clients.  As hard as it might be for people to understand and acknowledge, the statement as it relates to a majority of black prisoners is probably pretty accurate.  Don't turn it around and try to make it say that he meant ALL blacks or MOST blacks in general.  That article is about his experience as a public defender and he's describing his experience with different groups of people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So we can't have standards for them?
Standards are fine. But judging actions based on scenarios few, if any of you with an opinion on the subject are going on about, is cringe worthy. 

Saying if cops are afraid to die then they shouldn't be cops. That is a most ridiculous thing to say. If you want cops who aren't afraid to die then you want kamikazes and that's not going to end well for anyone.

Saying they need to think before they act. Yes, they should and they do, but sometimes they have literally a split second decision to make and if they make the wrong one they or innocents will possibly die.

Tell me something, if you were a cop responding to a call where the only information you had was a highly agitated male who was threatening a crowd of folks with a weapon (but you don't know if it's a firearm, a knife, a can of hair spray and a lighter, etc). You don't know what he looks like, only a vague description, or what he's wearing. You show up and everyone is acting weird because everyone responds to violence or high stress situations in different ways so you're not sure who the suspect is. After you identify yourself this guy suddenly charges out of the crowd, coming toward you at full force with a gun pointed at you screaming he's going to "shoot the pig!". What do you do? 

Look up 'police force simulations' on youtube. Ask your local police department if they can show you simulations. You would be surprised at what you think you would do as opposed to what you would actually do.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 04:45 PM by badger.)

Quote:You can't just take one sentence and interpret it out of context.  I'm pretty sure that the author is talking about his black clients.  As hard as it might be for people to understand and acknowledge, the statement as it relates to a majority of black prisoners is probably pretty accurate.  Don't turn it around and try to make it say that he meant ALL blacks or MOST blacks in general.  That article is about his experience as a public defender and he's describing his experience with different groups of people.

Is the context, "certain races act certain ways"?  If so, then it's not taken out of context.

Quote:It does sound pretty bad.

The only reason that it "sounds pretty bad" is because the author didn't edit his article to be politically correct.  Go hang out at a courthouse sometime and observe for yourself.  What he says is pretty typical and true.

I believe that some of the things he said are what really need to be addressed not only by the black community, but society as a whole.  To be fair, in my experience the same line could be said by many numbers of whites and hispanics that have been arrested for violent crimes.  This author is a Public Defender in large southern metropolitan area.  His experience differs much from mine in that I was a LEO in a southwestern metropolitan area, but the observations are pretty much the same.

As far as being in "the south", I saw it first hand when my son (white step-son actually) unfortunately got himself into trouble a while back.  What he described as being kind of a "social scene", the dress and demeanor of blacks was pretty accurate not only in the Clay County Courthouse, but also in the Duval County Courthouse.

Quote:You can't just take one sentence and interpret it out of context. I'm pretty sure that the author is talking about his black clients. As hard as it might be for people to understand and acknowledge, the statement as it relates to a majority of black prisoners is probably pretty accurate. Don't turn it around and try to make it say that he meant ALL blacks or MOST blacks in general. That article is about his experience as a public defender and he's describing his experience with different groups of people.

Why are you telling me how I interpret things? I know he's talking about the criminals rather than 100% of black people.Just found that piece interesting because it sounds similar to how a farmer would describe livestock or how David Attenborough would talk about some strange species of animal.