Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Philando Castile

Quote:Wouldn't you think that a woman (girlfriend) would try to do the same thing rather than recording on her cell phone?  It appears that it was more important to her to capture the video to post to Facebook rather than either protecting her child or rendering aid to her boyfriend.

Regarding the police officer's actions, he did the right thing.

The officer told her not to move.

He probably would have killed her and the child if she did otherwise, which you will agree with anyway.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reaching the boiling point one has to wonder if it's not intentional?

Obama is commenting on it so he is intentionally fanning the flames.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Wouldn't you think that a woman (girlfriend) would try to do the same thing rather than recording on her cell phone? It appears that it was more important to her to capture the video to post to Facebook rather than either protecting her child or rendering aid to her boyfriend.

Regarding the police officer's actions, he did the right thing.

lol, you aren't that dumb... Are you?

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 10:06 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Yeah I am not sure if that is really later, or if its cause the guy is shooting his camera directly at the sirens and getting the autofocus all messed up. Its definitely daytime in her video. But didn't they say he died later in the hospital?

They said he died a few minutes after arriving to the hospital at 9:37 PM. I'm not sure of the exact time the shooting. I'll try to see if I can find that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Minnesota Govenor Mark Dayton "Castile would be alive if he was white"

Finally, someone understands

I find it interesting that the NRA has been pretty silent regarding this particular incident...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I find it interesting that the NRA has been pretty silent regarding this particular incident...

They are not going to speak up for a African American who had a legal permit to carry.

It will be silence. I bet my life on it.

The video was gut wrenching to watch, but as FBT stated it didn't start rolling until after the shooting. No one here knows what the build up was. I'll wait for more info to come out.

Quote:I find it interesting that the NRA has been pretty silent regarding this particular incident...

The NRA should race out and rush to judgment why exactly?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The NRA should race out and rush to judgment why exactly?

That didn't stop them during the Orlando event now did it?

It seems like an obvious one for them. Carrying a concealed weapon should not result in an execution.

Quote:That didn't stop them during the Orlando event now did it?

Very different situations.

Should I say I find it interesting that Obama and Clinton haven't raced out to demand gun control after these two incidents?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:It seems like an obvious one for them. Carrying a concealed weapon should not result in an execution.

I agree. Yet it seems like they want to keep their distance on this one.

Quote:The video was gut wrenching to watch, but as FBT stated it didn't start rolling until after the shooting. No one here knows what the build up was. I'll wait for more info to come out.

Hmmm his girlfriend knows she was right next to him...

FYI, from what I understand, the lack of a quick enough response from the NRA to satisfy you has to do with the fact that in Minnesota, public access to concealed carry permit records is prohibited. They've been unable to confirm the claims made on the video that he had a permit. That doesn't mean he wasn't legally permitted, but it does reconcile with why the NRA hasn't issued any sort of statement regarding the shooting. I seriously doubt the lack of an NRA response has anything to do with race.

Quote:FYI, from what I understand, the lack of a quick enough response from the NRA to satisfy you has to do with the fact that in Minnesota, public access to concealed carry permit records is prohibited. They've been unable to confirm the claims made on the video that he had a permit. That doesn't mean he wasn't legally permitted, but it does reconcile with why the NRA hasn't issued any sort of statement regarding the shooting. I seriously doubt the lack of an NRA response has anything to do with race.
Nor would I expect it to, but I still think it's odd that the NRA didn't immediately condemn the shooting of a concealed carry permit holder who had declared his weapon and was compliant.

Quote:Hmmm his girlfriend knows she was right next to him...

I'm sure her version of what transpired will differ somewhat if not considerably to what the cop's version is and that doesn't automatically make either of their versions true and correct.  I don't think rushing to either "side" is helpful, though I understand it being difficult to not get emotional after watching the aftermath on video.

Quote:It is odd that AFTER the shooting she takes out her cell phone, starts recording video and gives a narrative of what is going on rather calmly.  If a mother has her child in a car along with her boyfriend and sees a shooting... most women would be hysterical, be concerned about her child or perhaps try to help her boyfriend (just my opinion).

Typically people pulled over for routine violations dont expect to get killed, that would probably explain why she wasn't filming earlier, also since she was streaming to facebook live, she likely didn't already have the app open and ready to record the second the unexpected shooting took place.  

As far as not being hysterical, it could be shock or it could be that he wasn't actually dead, hearing her account she says the officer shot him in his arm.  

I know we have to rush to discredit the victims because the police are robots without fault but both of those things mentioned aren't the least bit suspicious.

Quote:It seems like an obvious one for them. Carrying a concealed weapon should not result in an execution.
Agree, I suspect they will come forward once they are sure they won't get egg on their face. With the Orlando shooting you know that the story wasn't gonna change that much. The killer made sure of it by pledging alligence to ISIS like 4 times.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Typically people pulled over for routine violations dont expect to get killed, that would probably explain why she wasn't filming earlier, also since she was streaming to facebook live, she likely didn't already have the app open and ready to record the second the unexpected shooting took place.  

As far as not being hysterical, it could be shock or it could be that he wasn't actually dead, hearing her account she says the officer shot him in his arm.  

I know we have to rush to discredit the victims because the police are robots without fault but both of those things mentioned aren't the least bit suspicious.
I am with you on this one. Mr. Castile had a lot of traffic violations in the past, but no real history. I haven't seen anything that suggested he was resisting. This is one case were the COP appears to have legitimately got it wrong. It really seems like he (the officer) got trigger happy on a guy who really wasn't a threat after he gave him bad instructions. I will wait for more to come out, but this one just doesn't fit the whole 'thug-victum.' He worked in cafe, he passed background checks to get there. He wasn't an ex-con. He had a concealed carry. 

I mean I can understand the officer felt threatened, and I would love to see dash cam from the cruiser. But even his comments in her video make it seem like freaked out cause Castile told him he was carrying and then the officer overreacted and shot Castile. I don't think the cop had intent, but he definitely still killed a guy who based on Castiles background, wasn't the violent type and probably was not threatening. I mean Castile had something like 30 traffic citations in the past, while that is alot, he should have been familar with what he was supposed to do when he got pulled over (and I suspect he was). I want to keep an open mind for the cops position, but I am not sure what he could tell me that would convince me that he made the right call.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.