Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: is it?..
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
[Show Results]

who will win the afc south division title in 2016..

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2016, 09:24 AM by Elerine.)

I would love to see the Jaguars win the division but I am not convinced Gus Bradley is capable of being a proper head coach, especially after the failure of last year. I believe that will be our downfall, despite all of the talent we have on both ends of the football.

Until he can prove that he can actually achieve success in the NFL, I can't vote in favor of him or the Jaguars. We may be stacked but wins and losses is what matters in the NFL, not how much potential your team has.

Show me the results.....and then I can talk.

I am going with the Texans due to that nasty defense they have, a better QB prospect along with Hopkins at their helm and, most importantly, coaches that actually has NFL success already in this league. They know how to get their team to win the division and make the playoffs, even when they was juggling QBs throughout the season. The Jaguars OL is still a notable weakness and we still have to account for both Watt and Clowney. Unless the Jagaurs defense proves to be this juggernaut they are advertised to be, I will always have doubts.

I am picking Texans. I hope I am wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree.... The lack of talent on defense, injuries to core players.... all Bradleys fault...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Wow, the homers (including me) are alive and well!

Quote:   I'll be laying money on the Texans.

not with a bad back JJ. It wont happen.

Homers homers everywhere.

Well at least this poll proves one thing. The tacks are last, in perception, and reality.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I agree.... The lack of talent on defense, injuries to core players.... all Bradleys fault...

And letting bad and depleted offenses run around the field at will like that Mariota rushing touchdown last year? I seen coaches get fired for far less.

The NFL has no time for excuses. Either put up or get out.

the Jags MIGHT get 2nd place

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 03:39 PM by Kane.)

Quote:the Jags MIGHT get 2nd place
Yeah.... they might...only if the clots and/or *tinhorns* get 11+ wins.

I really think the Jags are a 10 win team now....

but we'll see what MIGHT happen

Texans 10-6

Colts 9-7

Jags 8-8

2017 is the breakthrough year.

Those division games are so crucial. If we can sweep the Titans and one of Colts/Texans, that changes things big time.

I respect what Jacksonville has done... but, Blake looks like a scared little girl when he plays the Texans. IMO, the Texans are going to sweep the Jags. If the Jags can still win the division after that... I'll be impressed. Very impressed. 

ImATexan

Quote:I respect what Jacksonville has done... but, Blake looks like a scared little girl when he plays the Texans. IMO, the Texans are going to sweep the Jags. If the Jags can still win the division after that... I'll be impressed. Very impressed. 

Oh, c'mon. You can do better than that, can't you? 

(He's actually made some really great throws with Watt and/or Mercilus in his face or chasing him outside of the pocket.)

I have the tinhorns as the team to beat in the division for the Jags, but I can see them splitting this season.   Both games are late enough in the season that the Jags new-look D could actually be gelling and performing well if key players remain healthy. And -  you guys still have a question mark at QB in my opinion.  I don't think he'll stink or anything, but there's plenty of uncertainty there. 

Quote:I respect what Jacksonville has done... but, Blake looks like a scared little girl when he plays the Texans. IMO, the Texans are going to sweep the Jags. If the Jags can still win the division after that... I'll be impressed. Very impressed. 
As much as I hate to pose these questions to you...have you seen what the Texans' DL did to the Jaguars the last game?!?

I don't think he looked like a scared little girl, but given the jailbreak that was the Texans' pass rush against our OL, could you blame him if he were?

For the record, I think he holds up fine against the pass rush.

I am more concerned with his propensity to find Andre Hal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Prepare to be impressed boyo.

Ok let me say something here,please note im expressing my feelings about the year i have had in sports so far, because of a bad year in sports im expecting the worsts thing to happen. My nba team was terrbille,a team i really don't like wins it all in the nba,yet saved my bulls record from being broken,but still my nba team was terrbille,nither one of my hockey teams made it past the first round of the playoffs. My baseball team is lousey.    in hockey i like the blackhawks,and kings. in baseball i like the white sox.  With all that being said i am expecting this to happen cause it would be worst thing that can happen to a jags fan.   titians win division,and the Super bowl againest the redskins.  Again please note i am only saying these are my feelings right now,and i belieave it will happen cause its the worst thing that could happen to a jags fan. Hopefuly you respect me being honest. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 10:41 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Quote:In other words, being realistic is not welcome here.

I just don't see "Baby Steps" Bradley getting this team to win the division this year.  Colts or Texans take it, with Jags 2-3 games behind.  Feel free to remove me.

They will call you "troll", "hater" "pessimist" etc.

Texans will win the division easily.

I'd say Jags get 2nd place but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 3rd or even last.

Mariota looks good (no matter what the delusional homers in here say). They will improve a lot, I expect them to finish 3rd but wouldn't be surprised if they finish 2nd.

I have as much faith in the Colts and Pagano as I have in Bradley, they finish last.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Love how the Colts are too scared to play Luck  :woot:

If the flaming thumb tacks beat the redskins in the superbowl I'll personally dip a lunchbox in asbestos before inserting it horizontally into my lower bowels and setting myself on fire.

I hate the Titans as much as the next long-time Jaguars fan; especially with that Mularkey guy. But... their smash mouth style of offense with Mariota really seems like it could work well. I get the feeling the league won't be prepared for it. Just call it a hunch but I think they go 10-6 and win the division, as much as it pains me to write. I can see the Jaguars going 7-9 or 8-8 this year. A small step in the right direction to warrant Bradley getting a make or break year.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I'm going to wait until after week 1. Just to see some real football and if there is real chemistry with the new additions to each team.

I voted Jags!