Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: is it?..
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
[Show Results]

who will win the afc south division title in 2016..

I voted Jags for obvious reasons.  However this division is all question marks. 

Do the tinhorns have a real qb?

Do the tincans have a real running game?

Will lucks shoulder hold up 16 games for the clots?

Can our Jags rush the passer?

A bunch of valid questions.  If we get a serious passrush we can win.  Without it we will not.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I voted Jags for obvious reasons.  However this division is all question marks. 

Do the tinhorns have a real qb?

Do the tincans have a real running game?

Will lucks shoulder hold up 16 games for the clots?

Can our Jags rush the passer?

A bunch of valid questions.  If we get a serious passrush we can win.  Without it we will not.

Good stuff. Don't forget protecting Blake Bortles. If he's feeling the pass rush, he doesn't play all that well. 

Given time, he looks great. If you can protect him & you guys score early, it will help your pass rush as teams try to keep up. 

The AFC South is going to be very interesting this year. No Doubt. 

ImATexan

Quote:I hate the Titans as much as the next long-time Jaguars fan; especially with that Mularkey guy. But... their smash mouth style of offense with Mariota really seems like it could work well. I get the feeling the league won't be prepared for it. Just call it a hunch but I think they go 10-6 and win the division, as much as it pains me to write. I can see the Jaguars going 7-9 or 8-8 this year. A small step in the right direction to warrant Bradley getting a make or break year.

Could be similar to the Dolphins the year they ran the wildcat and caught people off guard. But I don't think that will be the case. They may have some success but teams will get them in third and long and force Mariota to be a pocket passer.

Yea I would not count the tin cans out.  Marriota with a bunch of weapons can be very dangerous.  He had to lose 7 receivers.  For them to lose his final college game.  I still am not sold on the guy who hardly played in Denver though.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Yea I would not count the tin cans out.  Marriota with a bunch of weapons can be very dangerous.  He had to lose 7 receivers.  For them to lose his final college game.  I still am not sold on the guy who hardly played in Denver though.
tinhorns did it with Hoyer and co at QB, I don't see why Osweiler would be that much worse lol

Quote:I truly think we win this division this year.

1. Jalen Ramsey

2. Myles Jack

3. Malik Jackson

4. Tashaun Gipson

5. Dante Fowler

With the addition of a third year veteran in Blake Bortles in his second year in the offense, a healthy Marqise Lee, and battle tested players, the Jaguars will take the division

I agree with this. The defense should be near-dominant.

I know the Jaguars will be the favorite on this MB, but as a gambling man I still picked Jax.

Quote:If the flaming thumb tacks beat the redskins in the superbowl I'll personally dip a lunchbox in asbestos before inserting it horizontally into my lower bowels and setting myself on fire.

Nice one.

I got Jacksonville playing Carolina or Arizona for the title. Seriously.

To address the rest of the AFC South - good luck texans, titans, and colts fans. Conference games will be fun to watch, but none of the other 3 have the talent to shut down the juggernaut. Jacksonville may go undefeated in all 6 conf games this year.

Quote:Nice one.

To address the rest of the AFC South - good luck texans, titans, and colts fans. Conference games will be fun to watch, but none of the other 3 have the talent to shut down the juggernaut. Jacksonville may go undefeated in all 6 conf games this year.

Its been a few years since we won 6 games in a season...it's a bit

premature to think sweeping a division against opponents we've historically struggled against.

I think 4-2 is realistic.

Quote:Nice one.

You Jag fans can be sooooo cute sometimes.
ImATexan

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 03:22 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Are the two people who voted for Tennessee Titans fans?

1.  Houston 

2.  Jacksonville

3.  Indianapolis

4.  Tennessee

Quote:1.  Houston 

2.  Jacksonville

3.  Indianapolis

4.  Tennessee

Do you think Houston is still better than Jacksonville?

Quote:Do you think Houston is still better than Jacksonville?

My prediction is based on Houston being a more experienced team and having enough talent to hold off Jacksonville,  and the other two teams in the division.   From a pure talent standpoint,  one can make at least a solid case that the Jaguars have the most talent in the AFC South.   But on the NFL level,  experience is a huge factor when everything else combined is relatively close. 

Quote:My prediction is based on Houston being a more experienced team and having enough talent to hold off Jacksonville, and the other two teams in the division. From a pure talent standpoint, one can make at least a solid case that the Jaguars have the most talent in the AFC South. But on the NFL level, experience is a huge factor when everything else combined is relatively close. 

That is the key - how fast will our young guys grow up? I am not worried about fifth year veteran Malik Jackson, who has been practicing in a 4-3 scheme all spring and summer, but all of the rookies and Dante Fowler (a second year player) are learning a lot about playing in the NFL from scratch. Those are the guys I am worried about against Aaron Rodgers & Co.

Quote:That is the key - how fast will our young guys grow up? I am not worried about fifth year veteran Malik Jackson, who has been practicing in a 4-3 scheme all spring and summer, but all of the rookies and Dante Fowler (a second year player) are learning a lot about playing in the NFL from scratch. Those are the guys I am worried about against Aaron Rodgers & Co.

It's indeed a key Jaguars question.   Arguably,  the teams 3 most talented Defensive players have yet to play in a regular season NFL game.   Growing pains are inevitable.  To what extent will go along way in determining the outcome of the Jaguars season.   Against the high quality QBs the Jaguars are playing against in the first quarter of the season,   the young defenders will be tested. 

The first two weeks are hard and made worse by the absence of Aaron Colvin. I am not so worried about playing against the Ravens and Colts without him. After that, he will show everybody what the Jags missed for a month.

Quote:The first two weeks are hard and made worse by the absence of Aaron Colvin. I am not so worried about playing against the Ravens and Colts without him. After that, he will show everybody what the Jags missed for a month.

Every game the Jags play is winnable.  Yet,  going up against Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck can present plenty of problems for any Defense.  That much more with experience lacking with a number of key players.   I've been wrong many times before but I think the Ravens are going to be one of 3 AFC North teams to make the playoffs this season.   I'm not as high on the Colts.  Yet, anytime Andrew Luck is relatively healthy,  they are a dangerous team.

As for Aaron Colvin,  hopefully when he does come back is he doesn't suffer an injury after the long layoff because of the suspension.   It wasn't surprising in the least that Joey Bosa suffered an injury after missing all of training camp because of a contract disagreement. 

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 09:45 AM by Thunderkyss.)

Wrong thread.
ImATexan

Quote:Every game the Jags play is winnable. Yet,  going up against Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck can present plenty of problems for any Defense. That much more with experience lacking with a number of key players. I've been wrong many times before but I think the Ravens are going to be one of 3 AFC North teams to make the playoffs this season. I'm not as high on the Colts. .Yet, anytime Andrew Luck is relatively healthy, they are a dangerous team.

As for Aaron Colvin, hopefully when he does come back is he doesn't suffer an injury after the long layoff because of the suspension. It wasn't surprising in the least that Joey Bosa suffered an injury after missing all of training camp because of a contract disagreement. 

I see the Colts as Andrew Luck and everyone else.  A bounce-back year will require having healthy starters around him. The defense certainly can't help much 

Good point about Aaron Colvin staying in shape. Under NFL rules he was allowed to participate in preseason games, but the coaches decided to keep him out.