Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Win for Women, Bad Day for Texas

Quote:You're really against the concept of personal autonomy, ain'tcha. Because I don't want you to be murdered I have to serve you dinner every night? Really? :no:

Murderered? What in the wide world of sports are you talking about?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They weren't people you silly right winger.

Typical of a confused conservative. They fear living under sharia law, unless it's their flavor of sharia.

The fact is we are a nation of laws. Currently personhood, under law, does not include a fetus.

Live with the facts, flsprts...

Quote:Typical of a confused conservative. They fear living under sharia law, unless it's their flavor of sharia.

The fact is we are a nation of laws. Currently personhood, under law, does not include a fetus.

Live with the facts, flsprts...

Yes, yes, we know. The best way to defeat your enemy is to first de-humanize them, once that's done then killing them is much easier on the conscience.

The law is a fickle thing, and it's facts change over time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yes, yes, we know. The best way to defeat your enemy is to first de-humanize them, once that's done then killing them is much easier on the conscience.

The law is a fickle thing, and it's facts change over time.

Defeat your enemy??? Dehumanize them?

Dude, what? You are making no sense

Quote:Lol, typical. This is exactly what I thought your response would be jj.

Don't bring that pretentious garbage here, snowflake. You can't call life precious and universal to all, and then vote against providing for the care and basic minimums of what it means to be alive in our modern world.

Top Line-- u r full of (Bad Word Removed)

Your major premise, socialized medicine will care for all life, falls apart in the wake of history and specifically our experience with the VA

Had u asked if I would be willing to help care for those born in bad situations I would have said yes. The monolithic faith in a failing federal government dents your credibility.

Quote:Murderered? What in the wide world of sports are you talking about?

Protecting the innocent vs. Throwing gays off rooftops....

Yeah what little respect I had for u...

Quote:Your major premise, socialized medicine will care for all life, falls apart in the wake of history and specifically our experience with the VA

Had u asked if I would be willing to help care for those born in bad situations I would have said yes. The monolithic faith in a failing federal government dents your credibility.

Because there are some bad outcomes, you would deny universal health care that would greatly increase the overall life outcomes of the society? Cut off your nose to spite your face--- the libertarian ideology for our government. Sad.

Sorry, jj. You're full of it. And your lame, logically false arguments prove it.

Quote:Defeat your enemy??? Dehumanize them?

Dude, what? You are making no sense

<p style="color:rgb(40,39,39);font-family:Kandal, kandal, Georgia, serif;font-size:17px;">The first casualty in any war is the truth. The position of the Pro-Choice Movement is that unborn humans are not people, that makes it easier because, as the person quoted below says, "I felt no attachment to "it."

<p style="color:rgb(40,39,39);font-family:Kandal, kandal, Georgia, serif;font-size:17px;">"The anti-choice movement has waged a robust campaign to personify the fetus, from launching fetal “personhood” measures to criminalizing drug use during pregnancy. Even as the organization calls the decision to cover the costs of fetal tissue donation “a strategic move,” Planned Parenthood’s actions show how thoroughly these efforts have succeeded.

<p style="color:rgb(40,39,39);font-family:Kandal, kandal, Georgia, serif;font-size:17px;">But fetuses are not people. I remember the day I decided that for sure."

<p style="color:rgb(40,39,39);font-family:Kandal, kandal, Georgia, serif;font-size:17px;">and...

"But if we are truly to defend access to abortion, and the personhood of pregnant people, we have to be able to say, unequivocally, that the aborted fetus is not a person. It is not a baby. It is medical waste."

https://rewire.news/article/2015/10/19/d...nt-people/

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2016, 10:24 AM by rollerjag.)

Has anyone attended a funeral for a fetus that died as a result of a miscarriage?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Because there are some bad outcomes, you would deny universal health care that would greatly increase the overall life outcomes of the society? Cut off your nose to spite your face--- the libertarian ideology for our government. Sad.

Sorry, jj. You're full of it. And your lame, logically false arguments prove it.

Some bad outcomes? Veterans returning from war are dying! Bureaucrats are lying to cover up wait times and no one is getting fired. That's a lot different than a five minute delay in an Er.

We borrowed 10 trillion dollars over the last 7 years and this crap is still going on. How much money has to be wasted before people realize the statistics fantasyland doesn't exist.

Wow!! That's some great opinions!! I'm convinced!!

What was I thinking, using science and a supreme court ruling, and our laws on personhood to make my decision on this topic???

Science, the biological definition of life is conception and mitosis.

Personhood is just another leftist bastardization of the text of the constitution.

Moreover, thank god the abolitionists didn't stop at one ruling.

Quote:Some bad outcomes? Veterans returning from war are dying! Bureaucrats are lying to cover up wait times and no one is getting fired. That's a lot different than a five minute delay in an Er.

We borrowed 10 trillion dollars over the last 7 years and this crap is still going on. How much money has to be wasted before people realize the statistics fantasyland doesn't exist.

Yawn.

You said life is sacred. Yet you do not wish for citizens within the society to have universal access to basic healthcare services.

You're response is to make a pretentious argument about our soldiers and the va. Lame. I'm sorry, but your argument is not logical. The argument that the administrative execution of an organization is not perfect should be the reason people don't deserve healthcare is dumb.

Life is either precious, or it isn't. Which one is it, jj?

Quote:Has anyone attended a funeral for a fetus that died as a result of a miscarriage?

It's very common and there is always mourning over it.. but i guess there shouldn't be. It's not a life, right?

Quote:Has anyone attended a funeral for a fetus that died as a result of a miscarriage?

Good question...

no it's a stupid question

Quote:Yawn.

You said life is sacred. Yet you do not wish for citizens within the society to have universal access to basic healthcare services.

You're response is to make a pretentious argument about our soldiers and the va. Lame. I'm sorry, but your argument is not logical. The argument that the administrative execution of an organization is not perfect should be the reason people don't deserve healthcare is dumb.

Life is either precious, or it isn't. Which one is it, jj?

I did not have a federal agency come tie my shoes this morning, so I guess they didn't get tied.

Quote:It's very common and there is always mourning over it.. but i guess there shouldn't be. It's not a life, right?

It's the potential of life, not yet born. And yes, it's actually a very devastating thing when a miscarriage occurs.

My brother and sister in law had a miscarriage. We were all very saddened and sent or love and prayers.

They are practicing Catholics, and they didn't have a funeral. But it was still sad. But a miscarriage isn't a loss of a baby. A baby isn't a fetus. It was the kids of the potential of what could have been which is the sad part.

If anyone has had a baby, they'd know the difference.

Unfortunately, conservatives have decided to make something that is very personal a political topic.

Quote:I did not have a federal agency come tie my shoes this morning, so I guess they didn't get tied.

Is life precious and sacred, or isn't it? It's a simple question, jj...

Not sure why you have such a hard time answering such basic stuff...

Quote:It's very common and there is always mourning over it.. but i guess there shouldn't be. It's not a life, right?

There is mourning over the loss of a potential son or daughter, but it's not the same as the mourning over a person.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]