Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette, Lamp, Sheehan - here's how

Even if my only OL need was at tackle I'd still rather have Lamp play tackle for me than Robinson...and I've started to warm up to Robinson a little but Lamp is > Robinson at all 5 OL positions to me. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's about OT/G Dion Dawkins in the 2nd if Lamp is gone?

Quote:What's about OT/G Dion Dawkins in the 2nd if Lamp is gone?

I think it'll come down to Dawkins or Feeney. I think Feeney is the better player but Dawkins fits our blocking scheme better.

Quote:I think it'll come down to Dawkins or Feeney. I think Feeney is the better player but Dawkins fits our blocking scheme better.
We have a blocking scheme????  If Dawkins fits it, perhaps he's not the guy. 

Quote:We have a blocking scheme????  If Dawkins fits it, perhaps he's not the guy. 

I think he's saying that Dawkins better fits the scheme we feel Coughlin and Marrone are installing.

'02

Quote:I think he's saying that Dawkins better fits the scheme we feel Coughlin and Marrone are installing.

Correct. Poorly worded on my part.

Quote:Very rarely. He was a wide receiver in all but name. Played a little bit of H back catching out of the backfield.

That's what I thought. To me he's more of a project than shaheen. For me I feel like our draft is going to RB, OL, and TE in some order.

Quote:Even if my only OL need was at tackle I'd still rather have Lamp play tackle for me than Robinson...and I've started to warm up to Robinson a little but Lamp is > Robinson at all 5 OL positions to me.

I feel the same way. Do you think the teams hungry for a QB to groom for a year like Arizona and New Orleans would be aggressive enough to jump the jets to get their guy or will they just wait to see if one falls? I'd add KC to that list but I feel they're too far back to make a jump to the top 5.

Quote:That's what I thought. To me he's more of a project than shaheen. For me I feel like our draft is going to RB, OL, and TE in some order.

The thing with Bucky is you very rarely see a guy his size, with that combo of athleticism and ball skills (even though he drops a bit too much). He might never be a good blocker but could be elite as a receiver.

Quote:I feel the same way. Do you think the teams hungry for a QB to groom for a year like Arizona and New Orleans would be aggressive enough to jump the jets to get their guy or will they just wait to see if one falls? I'd add KC to that list but I feel they're too far back to make a jump to the top 5.

It's possible one of them wants to jump up if they really like their guy but we need to hope Trubisky continues to impress teams. If Cleveland, Arizona, and NO all want him then we may get a phone call with a legit offer. Who knows maybe the Jets are willing to give us a late pick to move up to 4 to ensure they get him.

Quote:I feel the same way. Do you think the teams hungry for a QB to groom for a year like Arizona and New Orleans would be aggressive enough to jump the jets to get their guy or will they just wait to see if one falls? I'd add KC to that list but I feel they're too far back to make a jump to the top 5.
I think there's a slim chance someone jumps the Jets to get a QB, but if they do I think it's far more likely they would jump to 5 with the Titans and then the rich get richer. 

Quote:That's what I thought. To me he's more of a project than shaheen. For me I feel like our draft is going to RB, OL, and TE in some order.

Speaking of RB, if they pass on Fournette in the 1st, what about Kamara in the 2nd? I think he will be there, but I'd pass for an OG or TE. I almost feel like if they don't take Fournette in the 1st, RB will fall past round 3.

It might go:

1. DE/DT (Thomas or Allen)

2. OG

3. TE

And we are pretty much stuck with Yeldon & Ivory again in 2017. That's why I think we take Fournette in the 1st, hopefully after trading down slightly.

Quote:The thing with Bucky is you very rarely see a guy his size, with that combo of athleticism and ball skills (even though he drops a bit too much). He might never be a good blocker but could be elite as a receiver.

Yeah, but I still see him developing into a fine blocker with that frame of his. He's really just raw in the blocking department.

'02

Quote:Speaking of RB, if they pass on Fournette in the 1st, what about Kamara in the 2nd? I think he will be there, but I'd pass for an OG or TE. I almost feel like if they don't take Fournette in the 1st, RB will fall past round 3.

It might go:

1. DE/DT (Thomas or Allen)

2. OG

3. TE

And we are pretty much stuck with Yeldon & Ivory again in 2017. That's why I think we take Fournette in the 1st, hopefully after trading down slightly.

Or it could even go...

1. DE/DT

2. OG

3. CB or QB

4. RB

5. TE

Either way, the top of round 4 just might be where we land our RB, and I still think Hunt and a few others will be there. Plus keep in mind there may be good RBs out there we haven't even heard of. Look at Em'Diggy's thread with his RB rankings. He's listing a ton of guys I never even heard of over most of the RB names we've been talking about.

'02

Following your format, here’s what I came up with. Be sure to get a good look at the profile for my 3<sup>rd</sup> round G… I took him over C/G Pat Elflein.

1. Browns - DE Myles Garrett

2. 49ers - FS Malik Hooker

3. Bears - DE Solomon Thomas

4. Jaguars - DT Jonathan Allen

5. Titans - SS Jamal Adams

6. Jets - CB Marshon Lattimore

7. Chargers - WR Corey Davis

8. Panthers - RB Leonard Fournette

9. Bengals - DE Derek Barnett

10. Bills - TE OJ Howard

11. Saints - RB Christian McCaffery

12. Browns - CB Gareon Conley 

13. Cards - LB Reuben Foster

14. Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey

15. Colts - OLB Takkarist McKinley

16. Ravens - WR Mike Williams

17. Redskins - DE Haason Reddick

18. Titans - CB Tre'Davious White

19. Bucs - DE Taco Charlton

20. Broncos - LT Ryan Ramczyk

21. Lions - DT Malik McDowell

22. Dolphins - S Jabrill Peppers

23. Giants - LT Garrett Bolles

24. Raiders - RB Dalvin Cook

25. Texans - QB Deshone Kizer

26. Seahawks - G Forrest Lamp

27. Chiefs - WR John Ross

28. Cowboys - DE Charles Harris

29. Packers - CB Kevin King

30. Steelers - LB TJ Watt

31. Falcons - OL Cam Robinson

32. Saints - LB Zach Cunningham

33. Browns – QB Mitch Trubisky

34. 49ers – QB DeShaun Watson

35. Jaguars – TE David Njoku

36. Bears – WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

37. Rams – S <strong>Obi Melifonwu
    </strong>

38. Chargers– CB Chidobe Awuzie

39. Jets – QB Patrick Mahomes

40. Panthers – TE Evan Engram

41. Bengals – RB Alvin Kamara

42. Saints – DE Carl Lawson

43. Eagles – CB Fabian Moreau

44. Bills – CB Quincy Wilson

45. Cards – G Dan Feeney

46. Colts – NT Caleb Brantley

47. Ravens – MLB <strong>Raekwon McMillan
    </strong>

48. Vikings – OL Dion Dawkins

49. Redskins – FS Budda Baker

50. Bucs – RT Taylor Moton

51. Broncos – TE Jordan Leggett

52. Browns – FS Marcus Williams

53. Lions – RB Jeremy McNichols

54. Dolphins – DL DeMarcus Walker

55. Giants – OLB Tim Williams

56. Raiders – MLB Jarrod Davis

57. Texans – NT Montavious Adams

58. Seahawks – CB Cordrea Tankersley

59. Chiefs – RB Curtis Samuel

60. Cowboys – SS Josh Jones

61. Packers – OLB Tarell Basham

62. Steelers – CB Desmond King

63. Falcons – CB Adoree Jackson

64. Panthers – RT Roderick Johnson

65. Browns – WR Zay Jones

66. 49ers – LB Ryan Anderson
    (OTTO)

67. Bears – QB Davis Webb

68. Jaguars – G Dorian Johnson - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/d...id=2557857

Pick up a RB in round 4

'02

Quote:Following your format, here’s what I came up with. Be sure to get a good look at the profile for my 3<sup>rd</sup> round G… I took him over C/G Pat Elflein.

1. Browns - Myles Garrett

2. 49ers - Malik Hooker

3. Bears - Solomon Thomas

4. Jaguars - Jonathan Allen

5. Titans - Jamal Adams

6. Jets - Marshon Lattimore

7. Chargers - WR Corey Davis

8. Panthers - RB Leonard Fournette

9. Bengals - DE Derek Barnett

10. Bills - TE OJ Howard

11. Saints - RB Christian McCaffery

12. Browns - CB Gareon Conley 

13. Cards - LB Reuben Foster

14. Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey

15. Colts - OLB Takkarist McKinley

16. Ravens - WR Mike Williams

17. Redskins - DE Haason Reddick

18. Titans - CB Tre'Davious White

19. Bucs - DE Taco Charlton

20. Broncos - LT Ryan Ramczyk

21. Lions - DT Malik McDowell

22. Dolphins - S Jabrill Peppers

23. Giants - LT Garrett Bolles

24. Raiders - RB Dalvin Cook

25. Texans - QB Deshone Kizer

26. Seahawks - G Forrest Lamp

27. Chiefs - WR John Ross

28. Cowboys - DE Charles Harris

29. Packers - CB Kevin King

30. Steelers - LB TJ Watt

31. Falcons - OL Cam Robinson

32. Saints - LB Zach Cunningham

33. Browns – QB Mitch Trubisky

34. 49ers – QB DeShaun Watson

35. Jaguars – TE David Njoku

36. Bears – WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

37. Rams – S <strong>Obi Melifonwu
    </strong>

38. Chargers– CB Chidobe Awuzie

39. Jets – QB Patrick Mahomes

40. Panthers – TE Evan Engram

41. Bengals – RB Alvin Kamara

42. Saints – DE Carl Lawson

43. Eagles – CB Fabian Moreau

44. Bills – CB Quincy Wilson

45. Cards – G Dan Feeney

46. Colts – NT Caleb Brantley

47. Ravens – MLB <strong>Raekwon McMillan
    </strong>

48. Vikings – OL Dion Dawkins

49. Redskins – FS Budda Baker

50. Bucs – RT Taylor Moton

51. Broncos – TE Jordan Leggett

52. Browns – FS Marcus Williams

53. Lions – RB Jeremy McNichols

54. Dolphins – DL DeMarcus Walker

55. Giants – OLB Tim Williams

56. Raiders – MLB Jarrod Davis

57. Texans – NT Montavious Adams

58. Seahawks – CB Cordrea Tankersley

59. Chiefs – RB Curtis Samuel

60. Cowboys – SS Josh Jones

61. Packers – OLB Tarell Basham

62. Steelers – CB Desmond King

63. Falcons – CB Adoree Jackson

64. Panthers – RT Roderick Johnson

65. Browns – WR Zay Jones

66. 49ers – LB Ryan Anderson
    (OTTO)

67. Bears – QB Davis Webb

68. Jaguars – G Dorian Johnson - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/d...id=2557857

Pick up a RB in round 4

No RB and a sub par OG like Johnson. I'd hate that draft. I am not a fan of Dorian Johnson.

Quote:No RB and a sub par OG like Johnson. I'd hate that draft. I am not a fan of Dorian Johnson.

Why not? He's a powerful, road grading immediate starter at G. He's perfect for our run game, and we can coach up his footwork in pass protection. It's worth the step-down between Feeney/Dawkins and Johnson in order to get Njoku.

At RB I'm convinced we'll still have some intriguing options in round four. Even if Ivory remains the starter, the guy we get in round four will help shape the offense.

That said, had we instead gone Dawkins or Feeney at #35, I'm probably looking at Bucky Hodges with this pick.

It's really, would you rather have Njoku and Johnson ... or Dawkins and Hodges ... since I'd pick Dawkins over Feeney.

IMO... nothing wrong with Hodges as he's a gifted athlete and receiver... but Njoku is on another level as a playmaker and is already a decent blocker in his own right where Holdges is just starting to learn how to block. And don't give me Kittle because Njoku is miles and miles better than Kittle. I was surprised as anyone to see Njoku make it to #35, but specific team needs kept pushing him down. He's not there because he lacks talent in any way... he's just not the #1 TE... Howard is.

'02

Allen

Njoku

Johnson

Would be a great haul. I'm not convinced we need a RB early. O-line needs to get fixed first.

Quote:Why not? He's a powerful, road grading immediate starter at G. He's perfect for our run game, and we can coach up his footwork in pass protection.
It's worth the step-down between Feeney/Dawkins and Johnson in order to get Njoku.

At RB I'm convinced we'll still have some intriguing options in round four. Even if Ivory remains the starter, the guy we get in round four will help shape the offense.

That said, had we instead gone Dawkins or Feeney at #35, I'm probably looking at Bucky Hodges with this pick.

It's really, would you rather have Njoku and Johnson ... or Dawkins and Hodges ... since I'd pick Dawkins over Feeney.

IMO... nothing wrong with Hodges as he's a gifted athlete and receiver... but Njoku is on another level as a playmaker and is already a decent blocker in his own right where Holdges is just starting to learn how to block. And don't give me Kittle because Njoku is miles and miles better than Kittle. I was surprised as anyone to see Njoku make it to #35, but specific team needs kept pushing him down. He's not there because he lacks talent in any way... he's just not the #1 TE... Howard is.

I see no way Njoku falls to #35 and I'd still rather have Feeney/Dawkins in round 2, a RB in round 3 and a TE like Butt, Kittle or Saubert in round 4. Hodges drops way too many passes for my taste. I have a major bias against TE's with suspect hands.

Quote:Would be a great haul. I'm not convinced we need a RB early. O-line needs to get fixed first.

I agree. I've been saying this for months.  I'd absolutely wait till the 3rd or 4th round to select a back in this draft.