Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette, Lamp, Sheehan - here's how

Quote:I see no way Njoku falls to #35 and I'd still rather have Feeney/Dawkins in round 2, a RB in round 3 and a TE like Butt, Kittle or Saubert in round 4. Hodges drops way too many passes for my taste. I have a major bias against TE's with suspect hands.

I have an even greater bias against a TE who will have to sit out his rookie like Butt. Moreover, there's zero chance I'm taking Kittle or Saubert over Hodges.  I might actually think about Kittle, but I don't see that happening... Saubert no way. I'm not touching Saubert before round five.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree. I've been saying this for months. I'd absolutely wait till the 3rd or 4th round to select a back in this draft.

We have an opportunity to take the best RB in the class why wait till the 4th? Also I feel guard and RB far outweigh TE in regards to need. Pass rusher is probably higher too.

Quote:I think there's a slim chance someone jumps the Jets to get a QB, but if they do I think it's far more likely they would jump to 5 with the Titans and then the rich get richer. 

I'm still not convinced the Jets will take a QB. They have a patchwork O-Line, a decimated WR unit, next to nothing at TE and a 31 year old starting RB. They also have a roster full of developmental QB's and no standouts. That's exactly what this year's crop of QB's are (developmental types.) Why take another one when they could fill a ton of other major needs and they would still be one the favorites to land Sam Darnold in the 2018 draft?

I did say slim chance so I'm not either.

Quote:I'm still not convinced the Jets will take a QB. They have a patchwork O-Line, a decimated WR unit, next to nothing at TE and a 31 year old starting RB. They also have a roster full of developmental QB's and no standouts. That's exactly what this year's crop of QB's are (developmental types.) Why take another one when they could fill a ton of other major needs and they would still be one the favorites to land Sam Darnold in the 2018 draft?
their receiver core isnt decimated. Enunwa and Decker is a fine combo. They could hit Oline, TE, and defense in rounds 2-7 if they wanted.

And hackenberg hasnt really done anything, its not like theyre tied to him at all.

They could take Mitch if they like and him and flip hack for whatever they can get for him.

Quote:their receiver core isnt decimated. Enunwa and Decker is a fine combo. They could hit Oline, TE, and defense in rounds 2-7 if they wanted.

Decker is a possession receiver and Enunwa is hit and miss as was Peake. They have no proven #1 receiver who can stretch the field. They signed Kelvin Beachum as their starting LT and he's only so-so. They also lost their starting RT and they need a starting OG to play opposite Brian Winters, pus they're starting a new Center. That's a lot of change. I would not want to throw some below average looking QB who was a high draft pick behind that O-Line. If I was them, I would fix what I could this year by building the O-Line and draft a QB next year. 

Quote:Decker is a possession receiver and Enunwa is hit and miss as was Peake. They have no proven #1 receiver who can stretch the field. They signed Kelvin Beachum as their starting LT and he's only so-so. They also lost their starting RT and they need a starting OG to play opposite Brian Winters, pus they're starting a new Center. That's a lot of change. I would not want to throw some below average looking QB who was a high draft pick behind that O-Line. If I was them, I would fix what I could this year by building the O-Line and draft a QB next year.
Idk what being a possession receiver has to do with being good or not. And enunwa was fine, had some poor games but its hard to be consistent with the quarterback play they had.

Any team picking this high is going to have more problems than just QB so putting everything else before your QB isnt really feasible unless youre cleveland and have established ammunition to move around in the draft. If they like Trubisky then they take him, they cant say well get our franchise QB next year because he might not actually be there.

Quote:Idk what being a possession receiver has to do with being good or not. And enunwa was fine, had some poor games but its hard to be consistent with the quarterback play they had.

Any team picking this high is going to have more problems than just QB so putting everything else before your QB isnt really feasible unless youre cleveland and have established ammunition to move around in the draft. If they like Trubisky then they take him, they cant say well get our franchise QB next year because he might not actually be there.

Next year will be a much better QB class as a whole. 

Quote:We have an opportunity to take the best RB in the class why wait till the 4th? Also I feel guard and RB far outweigh TE in regards to need. Pass rusher is probably higher too.
If Allen or Thomas are still on the board at #4, they present better value than the top RBs in my opinion.  If they are off the board when the Jags pick, then RB becomes a consideration at #4.  I'm just not blown away by any of these RBs and would try to get better value at #4 and then choose a bargain back later. 

Taking a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of this draft is practically an "absolute must" for the Jags given their current O-Line depth chart. So I think we agree there. 

TE is pretty deep in this draft. I'd target  guys like Kittle, Sprinkle, Hikutini, J Smith, or Billy Brown in the 5th round or later. Maybe 4th round if they really like Kittle who is climbing boards. 

If the Jags take a RB at #4 I won't be upset. I'll be excited about the quality player addition, but I don't think the value achieved would be ideal. I think there will be 3 or 4 really good backs from this draft that go in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'd prefer to land one of them and get better with a disruptive big guy in round one. 

I don't know how anyone can watch tape of McCaffery and not be blown away.

Let's put it this way...

I love Fournette, but largely for one reason.... that is, McCaffery is such an amazing RB, but they say Fournette is even better.

That's really it... I mean, better than McCaffery? Just hearing that makes me want Fournette because McCaffery is WOW.

'02

Quote:Next year will be a much better QB class as a whole.
this is said every single year

and projecting QBs a year in advance is useless. Kaaya and Baker Mayfield were supposed to be the best QBs of this class and look how that turned out.

Quote:this is said every single year

and projecting QBs a year in advance is useless. Kaaya and Baker Mayfield were supposed to be the best QBs of this class and look how that turned out.
Psh, the two best after Chad Kelly you mean.

Quote:Psh, the two best after Chad Kelly you mean.
Thinking about Chad Kelly makes me mad man. Why couldnt he just not be an idiot.

Quote:Thinking about Chad Kelly makes me mad man. Why couldnt he just not be an idiot.

Fill me in on the Chad Kelly story.

'02

Quote:If Allen or Thomas are still on the board at #4, they present better value than the top RBs in my opinion. If they are off the board when the Jags pick, then RB becomes a consideration at #4. I'm just not blown away by any of these RBs and would try to get better value at #4 and then choose a bargain back later.

Taking a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of this draft is practically an "absolute must" for the Jags given their current O-Line depth chart. So I think we agree there.

TE is pretty deep in this draft. I'd target guys like Kittle, Sprinkle, Hikutini, J Smith, or Billy Brown in the 5th round or later. Maybe 4th round if they really like Kittle who is climbing boards.

If the Jags take a RB at #4 I won't be upset. I'll be excited about the quality player addition, but I don't think the value achieved would be ideal. I think there will be 3 or 4 really good backs from this draft that go in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'd prefer to land one of them and get better with a disruptive big guy in round one.

I'm kinda fading on Allen at 4 but if Thomas is there at 4 I agree he presents the highest value for Jacksonville.

I love the depth at TE this year which I think will allow us to wait on one but I am intrigued by Evan engram at the top of the 2nd.

Who are you're favorite RBs you think will be available on day 3?

Quote:Who are you're favorite RBs you think will be available on day 3?

Gallman, Foreman, Perine.

I'm partial to Gallman.

I might need to watch more on Gallman because he's not yet on my radar.

I'm thinking Foreman, Perine, Hill and Hunt. ... I have Kamara and McNichols as 2nd round RBs.

Mixon I now think is a 4th round guy.

'02

Quote:Gallman, Foreman, Perine.

I'm partial to Gallman.

Man if foreman is there at the top of the 3rd I'd be screaming at the tv for us to take him.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 09:44 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Fill me in on the Chad Kelly story.
He got kicked out of clemson and sent to a juco

got in a fight at some bar

said he was going to grab his ak and shoot up a bar (I assume while he was drunk, idk if it was the same bar or incident)

there was a picture of him at a table where weed was presumably being rolled after he tore his acl

i think he tried to crash the combine after they retracted his invite but idk if he actually followed through with that.

If he wasnt this much of an idiot i think hed be a pretty damn good prospect. I think Jay Cutler is his floor.