Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dems throw temper tantrum, shut down House floor to protest for gun control

Dems shut down House floor to protest for gun control

House Democrats blocked the House from doing its work Wednesday by staging a sit-in on the House floor to protest the lack of any votes on gun control legislation this week.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dems-s...le/2594589

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If this was temper tantrum, what was it called when Ted Cruz read Dr. Seuss?

Quote:If this was temper tantrum, what was it called when Ted Cruz read Dr. Seuss?
A moving tribute to one of America's finest educators and authors.

- Fox News

I hope they packed a toothbrush and some jammies.  

Good. A nice timeout may be necessary at this point! FYI, they lacked votes for additional gun control because they attempted to add on to H.R. 2578 via ridiculous amendments. Why try to sneak it in if you are touting it as "common sense" gun legislation?

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/votes.htm

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Good. A nice timeout may be necessary at this point! FYI, they lacked votes for additional gun control because they attempted to add on to H.R. 2578 via ridiculous amendments. Why try to sneak it in if you are touting it as "common sense" gun legislation?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.senate.gov/legislative/votes.htm'>http://www.senate.gov/legislative/votes.htm</a>

Surely you don't think it's the first time a party has tried to tack on unrelated legislation to a bill.

It's a good thing they didn't do this in the Senate and get in the way of confirming Merrick Garland.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Surely you don't think it's the first time a party has tried to tack on unrelated legislation to a bill.
My comments were in jest. You are making an unfair assumption considering I linked the bill and amendments rejected. Surely one ignorant to the fact items get tacked on all the time would not even know where to look or take the time to actually read them. I haven't seen anyone whining here, but the media likes to make it look like it is solely gun control legislature being rejected. Those darn pesky right wingers and their NRA buddies!

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I'm fine anytime a branch of government shuts down, let them shut it down for a month still won't change the reality of no new laws.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:If this was temper tantrum, what was it called when Ted Cruz read Dr. Seuss?
Creepy.

They are focusing on the wrong issue. I mean look at Chicago. The 'toughest' on 'gun control' in the country yet (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/chic...smsnnews11) this happens. Sorry for not doing the link right. I'm on my Kindle and it gives me limited options.

Are these people a special kind of stupid or just not paying attention? The latest screwup happened because someone in the GOVERNMENT dropped the ball, not Regular Joe American minding his own business. The typical American legal gun owner is not going around killing people. It's criminal on innocents/criminal on criminal/cop on criminal/criminal on cop/terrorist (criminal) on innocents. Occasionally you have the mentally ill or the people who are truly whack jobs knocking folks off. The focus needs to be on dealing with the people who commit these acts, dealing with the issues because as long as there is hate and discontent there will be people dying whether by guns, knives, Billy clubs, good old fashioned beat down, etc.

If you focus on the wrong issue it will never be resolved.