Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald Trump gun control

Quote:Well, ya walked right into that one, Doc. Sounds like flsprtsgod is a hardcore libertarian. He said earlier than even if the consequences of a ban on pizza for 10-years was that 100,00 people including his child would die, he would still not ban that pizza. of course, the example earlier in the conversation was ANY LAW. So I am also presuming that if the ban were not on pizza, but on any particular subset of any food group, even fugu, he would ideologically agree. No ban, sorry, baby, the idea of bans being bad is more important than all those lives, including yours. Btw, how is the fight for fugu legalization going?

Perhaps you are a tad slow. Pizza, today, kills people. In fact, as more and more of the healthcare industry is conquered by the government, the more taxpayers have a vested financial interest in preventing obesity and other diet related deaths. Your attempt at a hypothetical is an actuality, and yet, no calls to ban it, though Philly is going to try taxing it.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Are you insinuating that a philosophy that was developed 250 years ago might be antiquated, hippy!?! 

You're a fool to think that the human nature that philosophy was combating will EVER change.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: original.jpg]

Quote:[Image: original.jpg]

No acceptable way.

Quote:No acceptable way.

Totally.

If it aint broke don't fix it am I right!?

Quote:Totally.

If it aint broke don't fix it am I right!?

Yes.

Quote:Drone Tank Bazooka Flamethrower Grenade Launcher SAM Apache etc meet AR-15.

Someone needs to get that memo to ISIS.

Quote:Perhaps you are a tad slow. Pizza, today, kills people. In fact, as more and more of the healthcare industry is conquered by the government, the more taxpayers have a vested financial interest in preventing obesity and other diet related deaths. Your attempt at a hypothetical is an actuality, and yet, no calls to ban it, though Philly is going to try taxing it.
Perhaps, However, since the hypothetical you jumped into the middle of was banning any one subset of an item,and the impact was of a scope of eliminating ALL gun violence, including that of your child, the hypothetical stands. So since we are talking about food, I merely asked again, since the terrible nature of these bans is so bad as to be worse than the deaths of 100,000 or more and over a million injuries, How your valiant fight against fugu bans was going, since its terrible existence is worth so many lives, including your beloved child's. 

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:Perhaps, However, since the hypothetical you jumped into the middle of was banning any one subset of an item,and the impact was of a scope of eliminating ALL gun violence, including that of your child, the hypothetical stands. So since we are talking about food, I merely asked again, since the terrible nature of these bans is so bad as to be worse than the deaths of 100,000 or more and over a million injuries, How your valiant fight against fugu bans was going, since its terrible existence is worth so many lives, including your beloved child's. 

Fugu is edible. If you want to eat it that's your business not mine, certainly not the government's.

Bottom line: there's a ton of things you need to ban if you want to prevent deaths. You better get started, you've got a long road to hoe.

Quote:Fugu is edible. If you want to eat it that's your business not mine, certainly not the government's.

Bottom line: there's a ton of things you need to ban if you want to prevent deaths. You better get started, you've got a long road to hoe.
Oh, I have no interest in banning fugu, but if it saved 100,000 lives including my daughter's, then I would seriously consider it. But apparently, since you would not, the issue of fugu's current widespread illegality is much more important to you. How about thalidomide, you fine with pregnant women and those breastfeeding chugging it down? I guess we should abolish the FDA? 

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:What if you knew that one of your kids was going to be killed by gun violence? You'd be willing to sacrifice that?

If I knew my kid was going to be killed by gun violence you ask? If it was one of my firearms id voluntarily give everyone of them up in a heartbeat that doesnt change my stance on no new laws. If it was by someone else's firearm I'd do anything possible to avoid it, keep them locked away, make sure I'm with them armed at all times, whatever but it doesn't change my view on no new laws. Laws do not prevent crime they react to crime and no crime no matter how horrendous can be allowed as an excuse to alter constitutional rights otherwise what's the point?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So is this move by trump a deal breaker for any libertarian or conservative? I'm honestly curious

I wasn't going to vote for him anyway but if I was this could be a problem.

Quote:Quote me where it says its not. Quote me where it says government can regulate firearms period. It doesn't.

Where does it say it can't?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Where does it say it can't?

Stupid founders and their silly "shall not" crap.

Quote:Stupid founders and their silly "shall not" crap.

Because there's no other words in the Constitution that creates ambiguities.

Are you in favor of convicted felons acquiring firearms once they have been paroled?

- Bob Marley

Quote:Because there's no other words in the Constitution that creates ambiguities.

Are you in favor of convicted felons acquiring firearms once they have been paroled?

Yes, the debt is paid and many of those were jailed for things that shouldn't be a crime in the first place.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 04:51 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Yes, the debt is paid and many of those were jailed for things that shouldn't be a crime in the first place.

The bolded text is irrelevant and a red herring. Regardless, many more weren't. A relative of mine was murdered, but the perpetrator plea bargained to manslaughter and was out in 7 years. Cut her up and stuffed her in a closet. If you think his debt was paid and he should be able to purchase a gun upon release we will probably find no common ground.

Should someone with a clinical diagnosis of mental illness be able to own a gun?

- Bob Marley

Quote:The bolded text is irrelevant and a red herring. Regardless, many more weren't. A relative of mine was murdered, but the perpetrator plea bargained to manslaughter and was out in 7 years. Cut her up and stuffed her in a closet. If you think his debt was paid and he should be able to purchase a gun upon release we will probably find no common ground.

Should someone with a clinical diagnosis of mental illness be able to own a gun?

I'm truly sorry, murderers shouldn't be free. But that works the other way too, those who should never have been jailed lose their rights forever.

As for mental illness, homosexuality was a mental illness according to the experts not all that long ago. Should that have been enough to prevent them from owning legally? See, the catch to this is in who gets to decide, and I have very little faith in most of those who do.

Quote:I'm truly sorry, murderers shouldn't be free. But that works the other way too, those who should never have been jailed lose their rights forever.

As for mental illness, homosexuality was a mental illness according to the experts not all that long ago. Should that have been enough to prevent them from owning legally? See, the catch to this is in who gets to decide, and I have very little faith in most of those who do.

My problem is not having enough faith in my fellow man to want them all to have unfettered access to an unlimited amount of guns and ammunition.

- Bob Marley

Quote:My problem is not having enough faith in my fellow man to want them all to have unfettered access to an unlimited amount of guns and ammunition.

So say someone like me has 4 guns and a gun safe.  That also happens to be building an Ar15 (over the last few months).  Is a combat veteran and college grad who's going for a second bachelors at the moment.  Do you have faith in that fellow man, who has owned guns for the last 6 years without incident and doesn't bring them out in public unless they are going to the range.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine