Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump bans the Post?

Quote:I can't wait to see your source backing this claim.

I don't know if you ever listen to WOKV here in Jacksonville, but can you tell me how many of the broadcast journalists are democrat or republican?  What about a familiar journalist that is both on the news and on the Opinion shows on the radio station?  That being Jamie Dupree.  While he's not a local broadcaster/journalist, he is featured on talk radio and does appear on stage at live events with mostly conservative Opinion journalists.

Take a look at FOX News and tell me if you can prove that say Bret Baier, Shepard Smith or even Megyn Kelly or Greta Van Susteren are either democrat or republican.

I can go on and on with other networks both local and national, and there is no real clear evidence of bias in their reporting.

Yes it's commonly known that many in media tend to lean left in their personal point of view, but the best and the ones that are successful tend to leave a question mark in people's minds and don't make their job(s) personal.  It wasn't known for decades that Walter Cronkite was a staunch liberal.

If the journalist, 9 out of 10 who vote Democrat, aren't the ones being promoted to journalistic managers, than who are these editorials bringing in as managers? Experienced plumbers?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the journalist, 9 out of 10 who vote Democrat, aren't the ones being promoted to journalistic managers, than who are these editorials bringing in as managers? Experienced plumbers?

You're my boy, jw... but you're digging a deeper hole...

Quote:You're my boy, jw... but you're digging a deeper hole...

You have no answers, no sources, and just cited pseudo-intellectual anarcho-communist Noam Chomsky as a credible individual. Sad!

[Image: ezsNDU9.jpg]

Lol, ok...

Welp, I tried to help.

You can welp that again.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If the journalist, 9 out of 10 who vote Democrat, aren't the ones being promoted to journalistic managers, than who are these editorials bringing in as managers? Experienced plumbers?

Can you actually prove that 9 out of 10 journalists vote democrat?  How about if we pick 10 journalists from a local media source.  Which one?  CBS?  FOX?  An independent station (channel 4)?

We can do the same for any national media source.  Take your pick, New York Times?  FOX News?  CNN?  CBS News?  A hint here, if you pick NBC News you will lose.

Now let's take a look at who the editors are in any news outlet that you want to choose, and look at the background of them.  It's likely that NBC News will probably have a clearly liberal leaning Managing Editor, so why not look at the Managing Editor of The Washington Post since that's the topic of this thread?

I'll play the game.  Do you want to play?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Can you actually prove that 9 out of 10 journalists vote democrat?  How about if we pick 10 journalists from a local media source.  Which one?  CBS?  FOX?  An independent station (channel 4)?

We can do the same for any national media source.  Take your pick, New York Times?  FOX News?  CNN?  CBS News?  A hint here, if you pick NBC News you will lose.

Now let's take a look at who the editors are in any news outlet that you want to choose, and look at the background of them.  It's likely that NBC News will probably have a clearly liberal leaning Managing Editor, so why not look at the Managing Editor of The Washington Post since that's the topic of this thread?

I'll play the game.  Do you want to play?

What game? This is what the Washington Times wrote, not me. Read the article. You did read it, right? There is a left-leaning bias in the media according to multiple experiments and studies performed. Some studies showed it more extreme than others.

Quote:9 out of 10 journalist vote Democrat and the large majority of news outlets who endorse end up endorsing Democrats. Free press? Hearty chuckle. Partisan and bias press is a better description.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...scarcity-/
If some Trump supporters would put their edjumacation in jurnalizm from Possum State Technical College to use, maybe that would be changed.

Quote:What game? This is what the Washington Times wrote, not me. Read the article. You did read it, right? There is a left-leaning bias in the media according to multiple experiments and studies performed. Some studies showed it more extreme than others.

The game I was proposing is to see if your claim that "9 out of 10 journalists vote democrat" and if it relates to how the news is reported.

I read the article.  Now answer this.

If a reporter/journalist answers a poll indicating that they vote republican or democrat, does that automatically mean that their reporting leans that way?

Answer this.  Is it acceptable for the current administration to reject and/or delay Freedom of Information requests from certain journalists simply because of the news organization that they work for?

Answer this.  Is it acceptable for a candidate that possibly might be our next President to reject access by the press simply because he doesn't like the reporting?  You do understand that people can do their jobs regardless of their own personal political leanings right?

Finally answer this which addresses the topic of this post.  Is it right to ban any single news organization from a political campaign simply because the reporting isn't favorable to said campaign?  What if Hillary Clinton banned FOX News?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:What game? This is what the Washington Times wrote, not me. Read the article. You did read it, right? There is a left-leaning bias in the media according to multiple experiments and studies performed. Some studies showed it more extreme than others.
Pretty sure that if it is the poll referenced in the Groseclose book it is a 1996 Cornell University Roper Center poll about the way Washington correspondents voted in the 1992 Presidential elections. Link is a pretty slow loading pdf here.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Good morning JW...  Hope you bought a pair of readin' glasses...   :thumbsup:

Whenever a Trumpette deflects attention from their boy's foibles by saying, "But...but...but...what about Hillary?", I'm reminded of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGiFD15FVI

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Whenever a Trumpette deflects attention from their boy's foibles by saying, "But...but...but...what about Hillary?", I'm reminded of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGiFD15FVI
His many gaffes are his own issue.  But, if anyone puts more weight into his many idiotic comments than they do the pure and absolute corruption of Hillary Clinton, that's a pretty sad testimony of where this country is.  As it stands, the choices are painfully embarrassing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]