Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump bans the Post?

Quote:Plenty of those in these parts....

Unfortunately.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The entire press corps came to FNCs defense when it happened.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/331437.html'>http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/331437.html</a>
Thanks! Don't care if it is Republican or Democrat, not cool. For those interested, here and here are a few more links in addition to the huffpo above.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2016, 06:29 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:I don't have a candidate in this fight. That's your first mistake.

You're questioning my intelligence and you can't even spell the words? Okay, Einstein.

I was pointing out that your messiah, Barry Soetoro's administration tried to ban the media from interviewing a member of the administration. It's clearly okay for them to do it when it's someone you have a little man crush over, but if it's someone you disagree with politically, then it's a bad thing. Right?

What country are you moving to when that corrupt battleax that you're worshiping doesn't win in November?
You're so fulla piss your eyes must be deep brown. Oooh, a spelling error, and it's "Okay Einstein." Good one. You are a Trump supporter and saying otherwise is bull. But that's ok. You counter with others having media issues, but don't seem to mind banning a media outlet because..well Barry did it. So? He was wrong. Can you say the same thing?

Man crush? Lol... Your FBT...Fantasies Bout Trump speak volumes...oops is that a spelling error?

Where did I say it was fine to ban media, regardless of who it was?

Country to move to? How about this Josef....Two months no posting on the board. Your boy wins, I don't post for two months. He loses, you do the same.

Maybe you can't, can this MB survive without your irreplaceable administrative duties?
Blakes Life Matters

Anyone who knows me away from this board know my political views. I've been skewered for my opinion about Trump. I wouldn't expect you to understand since you're a Hillary fan boy. The main qualification to be one is the complete lack of critical thinking. You've checked that off your list in spades.

Sorry, but as an admin, I have to be active on the board, so your childish wager won't work. The fact that Trump isn't my boy only adds to the reasons why I'm not wagering anything. I recognize there are more than enough stupid people in this country to elect her. You're certainly deep in her pantsuit pocket. Huma is probably getting jealous.

BTW, I think Trump revoking WaPos credentials is pointless and silly, just as I thought the administration looks pathetic any time they rail on about FNC, so try again, Skippy.

What I think is more amazing is that Trump never shies away from answering media questions. Meanwhile, your corrupt princess avoids press conferences like the plague. It's been how many months?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Thanks! Don't care if it is Republican or Democrat, not cool. For those interested, <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/07/16/138168227/new-emails-shed-light-on-2009-fox-white-house-spat'>here </a>and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113803593'>here</a> are a few more links in addition to the huffpo above.

The way she handles the press is far more bothersome than Trump and his petty move to revoke WaPos credentials. That's just childish. Hillary has roped the press off to keep them away from her, and she's avoided open press conferences for at least six months. She does the more easily controlled one on one interviews where she gets softballs lobbed her way.

Quote:A free and independent press is important.  Why is that?  It's because the framers understood that in order for a democratic society to function that the population would have to be informed.  They thought it so important that they codified it in the first amendment to ensure that the press would have a wide birth.  In the case of Trump and the headline "Donald Trump says Barrack Obama INVOLVED in Orlando shooting" that's not a free an independent press asking hard questions.  That's not even an editorial board expressing an opinion that the candidate may not like.  That's an institution spreading intentional DISINFORMATION to advance a specific political bias.  When you have an institution that demonstrates it is willing to misinform the public for a political aim then that no longer fulfills the basic and fundamental responsibility to inform the public.  Also the Washington Post is still free to cover Trump as they see fit, they just don't enjoy the same privileges and access as news agencies that have been more responsible in their reporting. 

Moreover, Donald Trump has been the most ubiquitous presidential candidate in the television Era.  Not only does he make himself available ALL THE TIME he makes him self available to everyone.  He goes on regularly with MSNBC, CNN, etc. and other news agencies that haven't historically given favorable treatment to GOP candidates.  He also routinely makes himself available to the general press in live events and press conferences so that at any time the press can know what he thinks about this issue or that and inform their readers accordingly.  That's a far cry from his counterpart who hasn't done a live press conference this year and still doesn't feel comfortable exposing herself to media outlets that aren't historically friendly confines to the democrat party. 

So as you can see, the idea that Trump is hiding from something or trying to deny the public access to his opinions and positions falls apart when you consider the facts.

As long as they don't challenge him.  He threatened to remove FOX News after the first debate and his confrontation with Megyn Kelly.  You see, a real journalist presses and asks the tough questions rather than pander.  Your boy will only go on if they are "nice" to him.

Quote:Wow, I have to admit, somehow I totally missed this when it happened. Got a link?

If you want some real insight into the whole thing, consider reading a book rather than just links on the internet.  I do have the book in digital format that I am willing to share with anyone.  I'll have to go back and look at Amazon's policy regarding loaning books, but I can loan it out.  The author is a former CBS News investigative journalist and pretty non-partisan.  When she left CBS there was much speculation that she was angling for a job with FOX News, but instead chose to freelance and not be associated with any network.  If you aren't the reading type, just search on youtube for Sharyl Attkisson.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Once those emails Russia hacked from her server find their way to Wikileaks, only the least informed will vote for her.

Sure they did and sure they will.

Quote:Anyone who knows me away from this board know my political views. I've been skewered for my opinion about Trump. I wouldn't expect you to understand since you're a Hillary fan boy. The main qualification to be one is the complete lack of critical thinking. You've checked that off your list in spades.

Sorry, but as an admin, I have to be active on the board, so your childish wager won't work. The fact that Trump isn't my boy only adds to the reasons why I'm not wagering anything. I recognize there are more than enough stupid people in this country to elect her. You're certainly deep in her pantsuit pocket. Huma is probably getting jealous.

BTW, I think Trump revoking WaPos credentials is pointless and silly, just as I thought the administration looks pathetic any time they rail on about FNC, so try again, Skippy.

What I think is more amazing is that Trump never shies away from answering media questions. Meanwhile, your corrupt princess avoids press conferences like the plague. It's been how many months?

Of course. You're irreplaceable, so bets are off. Ok. Childish to you, but I'm thinking chicken piss in your case. Oh, the MB couldn't do without me for 8 weeks. Lol.

Trump never avoids answering media questions? Really? The guy skipped a debate, bans the media and then calls moderators or media real classy names. Yes...amazinnng.

So, Skippy...maybe try sticking to your wannabe a sport writer dreams, report on your camp musings and just maybe Bleacher Report will give you another shot. Just don't let your over inflated ego get in the way.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Anyone who knows me away from this board know my political views. I've been skewered for my opinion about Trump. I wouldn't expect you to understand since you're a Hillary fan boy. The main qualification to be one is the complete lack of critical thinking. You've checked that off your list in spades.

It's not Clinton the under educated masses are voting for.

Quote:Sorry, but as an admin, I have to be active on the board, so your childish wager won't work.
I think that was kind of his point  Tongue

Quote:So, Skippy...maybe try sticking to your wannabe a sport writer dreams, report on your camp musings and just maybe Bleacher Report will give you another shot. Just don't let your over inflated ego get in the way.
Hey, who you calling Skippy

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:As long as they don't challenge him.  He threatened to remove FOX News after the first debate and his confrontation with Megyn Kelly.  You see, a real journalist presses and asks the tough questions rather than pander.  Your boy will only go on if they are "nice" to him.

Dude, Did you see the interview on Fox...  It was like the ending too a good book.  It warmed my heart a little Smile

We should all just relax and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Quote:Hey, who you calling Skippy

Whoops. Sorry. I meant Skimpy. My apologies.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Of course. You're irreplaceable, so bets are off. Ok. Childish to you, but I'm thinking chicken [BAD WORD REMOVED] in your case. Oh, the MB couldn't do without me for 8 weeks. Lol.

Trump never avoids answering media questions? Really? The guy skipped a debate, bans the media and then calls moderators or media real classy names. Yes...amazinnng.

So, Skippy...maybe try sticking to your wannabe a sport writer dreams, report on your camp musings and just maybe Bleacher Report will give you another shot. Just don't let your over inflated ego get in the way.

I'm not expecting you to understand my point.

In comparison to your dreamboats complete embargo of the press in anything other than one-on-one settings, Trump has been almost completely accessible, sometimes to a fault.  But hey, you keep salivating over bloated ankles and burlap bad Chairman Mao suits if that's what does it for you.

Gosh, you really got me with the "sport writer dreams" quip.

Quote:It's not Clinton the under educated masses are voting for.

You're right.  They're too busy feeling the Bern right now, but reality will set in soon enough.

anybody who disagrees with me must be uneducated

Quote:I'm not expecting you to understand my point.

In comparison to your dreamboats complete embargo of the press in anything other than one-on-one settings, Trump has been almost completely accessible, sometimes to a fault.  But hey, you keep salivating over bloated ankles and burlap bad Chairman Mao suits if that's what does it for you.

Gosh, you really got me with the "sport writer dreams" quip.

Lol...you mention bloated ankles and dress code, with your boy imitating Obama by pretending Orange is the new Black, hair that witches mistake for their brooms.

But back to the topic at hand. You think it's ok to ban the press...or make excuses for it. I don't. Guess that why you get excited in your position here...the power to ban.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I guess it was okay when it was your icon in the Oval Office trying to blockade Fox News a few years back.

The Trump campaign has no obligation to provide press credentials to every outlet that asks for them, and if there's the perception (rightly so) that the Washington Post has an agenda here, why should he grant them any access? The piece that he was referring to was ridiculous. Had a conservative publication written a similar article about one of your liberal gods, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.

First off all, it should not matter who the political/governmental organization out person is, the press should never be barred from doing their jobs.

As conservatives, you all should know that the founding fathers were adamant that a free press was a major pillar in maintaining the republic.

Second, are you referring to what eventually turned out to be a non story regarding an interview with Kenneth Feinburg?? Lol, mod please.

That issue can be explained away, and was. But even if Obama or any democratic individual tried to pull that junk, I'd call it out.

You can do better than that, fbt...

Quote:We should all just relax and watch this video.

You just broke DragonFury's heart.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]