Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DNC hacked by the Russians

LOL State Dept is so PO'ed about the hack they are threatening to start World War 3 if it happens again.  Or they could just update their virus software. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Democrats Launch Filibuster-Style Blockade On Guns

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-launch-filibuster-on-guns_us_57617afae4b0df4d586ec7b5'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-launch-filibuster-on-guns_us_57617afae4b0df4d586ec7b5</a>

So your link is supposed to prove that they are voting on logical gun restrictions "One is an amendment that would bar people who are on terrorist watchlists from buying guns. Another would crack down on online and private gun sales that evade background checks." Hate to take away guns from those on the terrorist watchlist. I guess you are supporting not taking away those rights?

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016, 04:39 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:So your link is supposed to prove that they are voting on logical gun restrictions "One is an amendment that would bar people who are on terrorist watchlists from buying guns. Another would crack down on online and private gun sales that evade background checks." Hate to take away guns from those on the terrorist watchlist. I guess you are supporting not taking away those rights?

I've discussed why someone should be concerned with a watch list being the only reason to revoke constitutional rights. As for online sales there is no loophole to legally get around a background check. I purchase any firearm online it has to be shipped to an ffl3 dealer who is responsible to do my background check, these are usually smaller gun mstore that charge a fee for the background check and the transfer of the firearm. Now there are secondary purchasing websites where I might sell you my gun and then there's no background check. It's still illegal for me to sell it to you if your a felon and I can't ship it to you so this is almost always a local transction. I'm not required by law to do a background check on you to sell you my gun. That would be a little ridiculous to suggest I have to do a background check as a private citizen but that's what they want to make private sales between individuals so expensive and time consuming most don't bother.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

My sister recently brought 4 guns from her house back to mine. 2 shotguns, a .22 rifle and a high powered pellet gun. They were my dad's and we removed them when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She told me she got the strangest look from a man walking by as she loaded the guns in her car.

I'm not aware of the laws in Tennessee, I want to sell all but the pellet gun, are there restrictions? Given where I live I wouldn't be surprised if I'm required to keep and use them.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:My sister recently brought 4 guns from her house back to mine. 2 shotguns, a .22 rifle and a high powered pellet gun. They were my dad's and we removed them when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She told me she got the strangest look from a man walking by as she loaded the guns in her car.

I'm not aware of the laws in Tennessee, I want to sell all but the pellet gun, are there restrictions? Given where I live I wouldn't be surprised if I'm required to keep and use them.

You can sell them to anyone that is of legal status and of legal standing and mind to own a firearm. How diligent you want to search into their history is up to you. There is no law requiring you to do a background check on anyone, verify their citizenship, or verify their ability to legally own a gun, it's only if you obviously know they are not legally allowed to own a gun can you get in trouble. For example if you had a relative that is a convicted felon and you sold it to him, that could get you in trouble. But if you sell it to a stranger and they don't disclose it to you then it's not your problem, unless you ask and they say yes then you have to refuse the sale. 

Also don't sell it across state lines, don't drive to Georgia or Kentucky to meet someone that gets a little more tricky since different states have different laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Tennessee

If you would've had them a few weeks ago when I was in Tennessee I would've bought them all from you lol. 

Quote:You can sell them to anyone that is of legal status and of legal standing and mind to own a firearm. How diligent you want to search into their history is up to you. There is no law requiring you to do a background check on anyone, verify their citizenship, or verify their ability to legally own a gun, it's only if you obviously know they are not legally allowed to own a gun can you get in trouble. For example if you had a relative that is a convicted felon and you sold it to him, that could get you in trouble. But if you sell it to a stranger and they don't disclose it to you then it's not your problem, unless you ask and they say yes then you have to refuse the sale. 

Also don't sell it across state lines, don't drive to Georgia or Kentucky to meet someone that gets a little more tricky since different states have different laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Tennessee

If you would've had them a few weeks ago when I was in Tennessee I would've bought them all from you lol. 

I also wanted to add RJ be careful when you make the sale. I always do it somewhere public, you never know who has bad intentions. It might be worth you selling them for slightly less to a gun shop or on consignment through a gun store. I had a few instances looking back that could've gone bad when making a purchase or sale, luckily I've never had an issue but I suspect at least one time a guy I was buying from had bad intentions. 

Quote:I also wanted to add RJ be careful when you make the sale. I always do it somewhere public, you never know who has bad intentions. It might be worth you selling them for slightly less to a gun shop or on consignment through a gun store. I had a few instances looking back that could've gone bad when making a purchase or sale, luckily I've never had an issue but I suspect at least one time a guy I was buying from had bad intentions. 

I personally would never buy a weapon from somebody that I don't know.  I don't know the true history of the weapon and how it was used/taken care of.  I can count on one hand the number of used firearms that I've purchased, and in every case I knew the sellers personally and know how they use/treat their firearms.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I personally would never buy a weapon from somebody that I don't know.  I don't know the true history of the weapon and how it was used/taken care of.  I can count on one hand the number of used firearms that I've purchased, and in every case I knew the sellers personally and know how they use/treat their firearms.

I have several firearms I've purchased from people I don't know, They're on my "don't exist" list. Like I said one time I got a little worried but it all went down fine, I of course was packing and had company with me packing but the guy at first wanted me to come inside by myself to his home, I said no that's not happening we did it in the driveway in the open.

Quote:If you would've had them a few weeks ago when I was in Tennessee I would've bought them all from you lol. 

You can never have enough, eh?

On a side note, our county's previous sheriff could not carry a gun because he was on probation for domestic assault. As he was elected, he couldn't be fired and there was no recall effort.

- Bob Marley

Quote:You can never have enough, eh?

On a side note, our county's previous sheriff could not carry a gun because he was on probation for domestic assault. As he was elected, he couldn't be fired and there was no recall effort.

That's beyond ironic lol how far from Gatlinburg are you?

Pretty far, about a 4 hour drive. I'm about 50 miles NW of Chattanooga.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I personally would never buy a weapon from somebody that I don't know.  I don't know the true history of the weapon and how it was used/taken care of.  I can count on one hand the number of used firearms that I've purchased, and in every case I knew the sellers personally and know how they use/treat their firearms.
I'm the same way.  I have bought and sold weapons privately, but the people I was dealing with were people I have known for years.  The first gun I ever bought was purchased from the guy who ran the class I took to get my permit.  I've bought other guns from him subsequently, and have taken additional training from him as well. He's retired law enforcement, and an NRA trainer, so I feel okay with the transactions.  I know how well he maintains his weapons, and the guns I've bought are all like new, and trouble free. 

I am a frequent browser of a few online forums where there are private gun sales, and there are times when I see some deals that are tempting, but if it's not a licensed dealer selling the gun, I don't even bother because I just don't know how well the gun has been maintained, I don't know the history of the gun, and I don't know the owner.  

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I know who has owned my guns and can assure any buyer they have not been maintained properly. My dad, rest his soul, probably had no business buying so many guns.

- Bob Marley