Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles & Lee vs Carr and Mack

Simplistic reasoning...'we on't know what could of happens'
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016, 02:12 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Cheers for the input Heroic, Bullseye. We learn constantly.

Jagssince95, fair take mate. To me, it becomes a bit harder to fathom once too many superlatives creep in. He had no D and no Oline, etc, and hypothetically cross matching players. As in, if Carr was in Jville last year we would have done worse, he would regress due to lack of gunslinger mentality, etc. The opposite could well be the case. Perhaps we could have won more precisely due to his controlled style of play. Point is there are ways to offer dissent without sensationalism, as I just discussed in private with an ardent fan.

I personally don't think we have enough evidence thus far in their careers to make clear cut distinctions. I'd take our guy because he's ours (what? Wink but as hard working and dedicated he is to his craft, I'd assume Bortles will be the first to tell you he needs to continue improving and play 'within the game' to get us close to relevant. A master isn't created in a day.
I completely agree.  Don't get me wrong though, I wanted Carr as well if we didn't get Teddy or Manziel in the 1st round so no hate at all.  I was completely wrong on Manziel and Teddy is going to be Teddy, accurate but not a deep ball threat.  Blake has won me over from day 1, owning his inconsistencies and mishaps and I respect that from any human being.  I just feel that as a former player of the sport and "leader" during that time, that is the most you can offer as a player trying to lead by example.  Blake has never said, to my knowledge, that he is there yet or even close by any stretch; and from what I have seen on the field, i'm excited to see what else is in store.  It's like the question of whether you want Brady or Rodgers as your QB when both are gamers, but one has more mobility and big play capability using his athleticism with his passing traits and the other has limited mobility but is a mastermind from the pocket.

Both are going to ball out, but I like the gunslinger in Blake like fat kids love cake lol.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Blake is my quarterback. He's oozing with potential and is already better than Carr. Give me that over anything. An elite (potentially) QB can win you the ring we've been waiting for. Bortles over Carr. The real question is not "their first second round pick vs. our first second round pick." It's who's draft do you want. I want our draft. It's over and done and that draft class netted us 4 players in the top 100. Give me that. I'll even take our second round over their second round because I believe Lee/Robinson have more value than Carr.

HAHAH, no way... Bortles is a true franchise QB  and I have a feeling is going to be special. 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Something else that needs to be mentioned is Bortles is still raw and learning the position. He hasn't been a QB for all that long. We'll see where he takes it. He certainly seems to have the proper work ethic and attitude.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I think this is the second time I've opened this topic. The first time was a little over 2 years ago, just after all 4 had been drafted. I wasn't huge on Bortles and like the rest of the world I had thought we "reached" for him. I was in the line of thinking that we would have been better off grabbing Khalil Mack with out 1st pick and coming back to grab Carr in the 2nd. Now I'm very happy we have Bortles but I still think of the "what if" we got Carr and Mack. Since it's the off season and I've run out of NFL news to read for the day, I figured I would seek other Jaguars fans opinions.

Would you guys trade Bortles and Lee for Carr and Mack? Why or Why not?

Nope. Jury is still out on Lee due to his injuries. I think QB wise Carr plays it more safe and doesn't really take any chances. He's gun shy. Bortles on the other hand is a gunslinger and doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a deep pass. I think he's a bit better in running around as well. Mack is a solid pass rusher off the edge but I think we're certainly fixing our defense now with this offs-season work on Caldwell's part. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Prior to the offseason acquisitions, this would have been a tempting trade as we lacked even one difference maker on defense. Jackson, Gipson, Ramsay, Jack, Amukamara and a healthy Fowler totally change the equation. No way would I make the trade now. In addition to being able to make all the throws (long passes can get better), he has the rare combination of leadership, toughness, gun-slinging mentality, and scrambling ability. Carr is solid, but I don't believe he has nearly the amount of upside as Bortles. I'm still skeptical that Lee will be able to remain healthy, but I still wouldn't make the trade. If he does, the offense should become top 10 this year and top 5 after that. 

Ha, just read the comments about me saying Carr was there, while Lee got drafted. Your right, Carr was at #36 and Less was at #39. Still not a bad topic for in the off season, got some decent insight on peoples thoughts about it and that's all I was after for.

Hell no. Bortles is gonna be the best QB in the NFL soon. I've been saying this since we drafted him.