Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching adjustments, revisited

One of the more persistent charges against Gus Bradley is that he does not adjust his strategy to his personnel.

But according to PFT, Olsen has stated the Jaguars will run more hurry up offense this year, indicating that Bortles did well in those situations last year.

I think, if true, that represents a favorable development.  If the Jaguars are presented with favorable personnel/formation matchups, a hurry up offense should allow them to exploit those matchups.

But I would hope they don't become overly reliant on the strategy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for the backup flgatorsandjags!

Quote:One of the more persistent charges against Gus Bradley is that he does not adjust his strategy to his personnel.

But according to PFT, Olsen has stated the Jaguars will run more hurry up offense this year, indicating that Bortles did well in those situations last year.

I think, if true, that represents a favorable development.  If the Jaguars are presented with favorable personnel/formation matchups, a hurry up offense should allow them to exploit those matchups.

But I would hope they don't become overly reliant on the strategy.

Once again, the part of the team that isn't Bradley's strength improves because of the coaches who aren't Bradley. Meanwhile, the part of the team that is Bradley's strength has been a laughingstock for 3 years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

FlSports...

Prior to this year, what players did Bradley have on the defense that was capable of performing to the level of the offensive players drafted from 2014?

Quote:FlSports...

Prior to this year, what players did Bradley have on the defense that was capable of performing to the level of the offensive players drafted from 2014?

Hopefully none, that doesn't change the fact that those he did have appeared to regress and underperform.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Agreed that it doesn't change that unfortunate reality, but it does explain it.

Despite the W/L column. As much as it pains me to say I have seen growth from Bradley as a coach

Quote:Despite the W/L column. As much as it pains me to say I have seen growth from Bradley as a coach

The snarkist in me really wants to say that waistlines don't count.