Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What was your favorite acquisition of all time

Leon Searcy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Justin Blackmon was probably the most pumped I had ever been for an acquisition. Myles Jack is up there too just for the pure value. It was hard to get excited for acquisitions back in the good old days because we were good. Getting a talent like Blackmon with the garbage we had at WR was a god-send.

Freddy T for me.

If we're being honest, Justin Blackmon has to be up there for most. I remember videos of draft parties around the time and it just erupted when he was announced.

Quote:Bryan Anger changed the game.
He certainly had an impact on Gene Smith's career.

I remember Fred Taylor playing for the Gators against my Seminoles in 1997.  FSU had an amazing front seven - and they knew Taylor would be coming at them - but Taylor ran all over them anyway.  I remember on that day wishing the Jags could pick him up.

Blackmon

Well I've been a Jags fan since 95, but I didn't really start paying attention to drafts and FA until 2009ish.

My favorite acquisition has to be getting Jack in the second.

I was never that high on Blake or Fowler when they were drafted, obviously my thoughts on Blake have changed for sure and Fowler has already grown on me a lot. Jack was always rated above Ramsey for me and the one player in the past couple years I can without a doubt say "That's the guy I want"

I really loved the Lee pick and the Julius signing too. But it has to be Jack for me.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Don't give him false hope.
Hugh Douglas

Blaine Gabbert

Freddy T, and it's not even close.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Bryan Anger changed the game.
Weapon

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Torry Holt

leon searcy at the time he really solidified the oline.  I also think he was our first high dollar free agent.  might be wrong on that.

draft freddy t

So I learned something new today...

Go to your profile and then click "Edit my profile" then go to "Ignore Preferences" and type in "Jagsfans32277" in the "Add a New User to my List" box. Then click the check mark for ignore posts and bam, your experience on the message board improves greatly. Pretty neat.

Mark Brunell

Check out this article from Philly.com -- Brunell was very close to becoming an Eagle (from the Packers)

http://articles.philly.com/1995-04-22/sp...irst-trade

<div style="margin:0px 0px 20px;">
On the eve of their first NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars made their first trade yesterday, acquiring quarterback Mark Brunell from the Green Bay Packers for two draft picks.

Brunell, a restricted free agent who backed up Brett Favre last season, became available Thursday when negotiations with the Eagles broke down. The Jaguars moved in and quickly reached a three-year deal with Brunell, while agreeing to send third- and fifth-round picks (Nos. 66 and 170) to the Packers.

"We were able to maintain our four picks in the first two rounds, plus get another veteran quarterback who brings a lot to the table," said Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars coach and general manager.

</div>

<div style="margin:0px 0px 20px;">
The trade changed Jacksonville's strategy heading into today's draft. Expected to take a quarterback with their extra pick at the end of the first round, Coughlin said he can now address other needs.

Brunell's agent, Frank Bauer, said the quarterback turned down a four-year deal with the Eagles worth $3.8 million for the three-year pact with the Jaguars, which guarantees Brunell $3.1 million and the possibility of more in incentives. Bauer said he didn't want to lock up his client for four years since he will be eligible for unrestricted free agency after two more seasons.

"We'd been negotiating with Philadelphia for about a week," Brunell said. ''That came to a standstill (Thursday) and all of a sudden Jacksonville was interested. I was kind of surprised to get it done so quick."

Brunell, 24, who joins Steve Beuerlein and Andre Ware with the Jaguars, saw limited action in two years with the Packers. He played in two games last season, completing 12 of 27 passes for 97 yards.

Southern California offensive tackle Tony Boselli is expected to be the Jaguars' first pick in the draft, after Penn State running back Ki-Jana Carter goes to Carolina - or to another team, if the Panthers work out an 11th-hour deal to trade down.

</div>

A lot of people are saying Fred Taylor. Check out this pictorial article about "Where are they now -- 1998 draft"  -- Pretty interesting and not a lot of reading (for those that like pics)  

http://www.businessinsider.com/where-are...aft-2016-3

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 04:48 PM by NCJag.)

Wonder who we would've taken at QB instead? Looking at that draft, the next 2 QBS taken were Todd Collins and Kordell Stewart. 95 was NOT a good year for QBs!I think we made a smart move, lol....taking Johnson in the 4th and flipping him for Freddy T.

Quote:Mark Brunell

Check out this article from Philly.com -- Brunell was very close to becoming an Eagle (from the Packers)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://articles.philly.com/1995-04-22/sports/25686249_1_mark-brunell-jaguars-coach-first-trade'>http://articles.philly.com/1995-04-22/sports/25686249_1_mark-brunell-jaguars-coach-first-trade</a>

On the eve of their first NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars made their first trade yesterday, acquiring quarterback Mark Brunell from the Green Bay Packers for two draft picks.
Brunell, a restricted free agent who backed up Brett Favre last season, became available Thursday when negotiations with the Eagles broke down. The Jaguars moved in and quickly reached a three-year deal with Brunell, while agreeing to send third- and fifth-round picks (Nos. 66 and 170) to the Packers.
"We were able to maintain our four picks in the first two rounds, plus get another veteran quarterback who brings a lot to the table," said Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars coach and general manager.

The trade changed Jacksonville's strategy heading into today's draft. Expected to take a quarterback with their extra pick at the end of the first round, Coughlin said he can now address other needs.
Brunell's agent, Frank Bauer, said the quarterback turned down a four-year deal with the Eagles worth $3.8 million for the three-year pact with the Jaguars, which guarantees Brunell $3.1 million and the possibility of more in incentives. Bauer said he didn't want to lock up his client for four years since he will be eligible for unrestricted free agency after two more seasons.
"We'd been negotiating with Philadelphia for about a week," Brunell said. ''That came to a standstill (Thursday) and all of a sudden Jacksonville was interested. I was kind of surprised to get it done so quick."
Brunell, 24, who joins Steve Beuerlein and Andre Ware with the Jaguars, saw limited action in two years with the Packers. He played in two games last season, completing 12 of 27 passes for 97 yards.
Southern California offensive tackle Tony Boselli is expected to be the Jaguars' first pick in the draft, after Penn State running back Ki-Jana Carter goes to Carolina - or to another team, if the Panthers work out an 11th-hour deal to trade down.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

For some reason I was excited to get Clint Session.

Lol 3 years 3.1 million for a QB
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS