Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who are you most excited to see?
Dante Fowler Jr.
Jalen Ramsey
Myles Jack
Malik Jackson
Chris Ivory
Tashaun Gipson
Prince Amukamara
[Show Results]

Who are you most excited to see take the field for the first time come September?

I put Jack. It was between him and Fowler, and the reports of how Fowler is looking at OTAs have me ridiculously excited, but Jack was my #1 draft choice and I think once he's allowed to practice we'll hear just as many reports for him as Fowler.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler.  I have a vision in my mind of a sick spin move and then planting Osweiler between the numbers, dislodging the high ball into the air as the QB's helmet snaps back violently.    

Is there not an "all of the above" option?

Surprised that there's 2 votes for Prince and 0 votes for Gipson and Malik...

I've been watching Prince for a long time now. We would be lucky if he turned out to be a really good player. Seems to get beat a lot.
Shock the world

Quote:He won't do much good for the defense in prison.
Aaron Hernandez says hello

I want to see if Andre Branch will turn the corner and be productive this season

Umm... Andre Branch plays for the Miami Dolphins now.

Without blank #2 and corn options, I declare this pole void and must abstain.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

1) Fowler

2) Jack

3) Gipson

Basically the 3 positions which needed the most improvement in the pass defence. Fowler though is going to be worth the wait I think

I'm ready to see the whole defense

Quote:I want to see if Andre Branch will turn the corner and be productive this season

Fail?
Huh

The defense has tasty pieces all over. I can't wait to see the product, but I voted Fowler, it starts upfront.

I envision this D as the Jags vehicle back to relevancy. Once you truly start bossing on D, you move up the ladder. Add a couple more gems at LB moving forward, keep retooling line and DB depth, outfit for something special.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Umm... Andre Branch plays for the Miami Dolphins now.

Um, he is a Matt Jones fan. You must not know
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I know that a lot of people will pick Ramsey, but I think Fowler will have a more immediate impact than he will.

I think Myles Jack will be fun to watch as he is the most ready to compete at a high level among Jalen Ramsey & Dante Fowler Jr (IMO) though Jalen will be my favorite player over the next few years (I think).

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 08:44 PM by Caldrac.)

Tough choice man. Can't remember the last time I felt overly excited about the overall talent on this roster. You look at the names now on our defense and you're having a hard time trying not to grin a bit. I went with Ramsey though. I like his attitude. He's a superb athlete. I think he's going to stick out like a sore thumb this year in our secondary. It's just nice to see that our defense has some athletes out there now and not just "effort" guys. Which is just a nice way of saying "Yeah, he's not the fastest or quickest man out there, but he gives it his best effort". That's not enough to win championships. You need athletes with gifted abilities who also have effort. And I think when you look at Ramsey in the secondary, coupled up with Jack and Smith in the middle of the defense in the linebacking core, and then you look up front with guys like Fowler Jr. and the rookies coming in plus the addition of Jackson. Now when it's 3rd & 10 and we need somebody to make a play. I feel 10x better going into this year than I did last year.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think Jack will have the biggest impact on this team. He will have a tremendous impact for the defense on 3rd down

Quote:Tough choice man. Can't remember the last time I felt overly excited about the overall talent on this roster. You look at the names now on our defense and you're having a hard time trying not to grin a bit. I went with Ramsey though. I like his attitude. He's a superb athlete. I think he's going to stick out like a sore thumb this year in our secondary. It's just nice to see that our defense has some athletes out there now and not just "effort" guys. Which is just a nice way of saying "Yeah, he's not the fastest or quickest man out there, but he gives it his best effort". That's not enough to win championships. You need athletes with gifted abilities who also have effort. And I think when you look at Ramsey in the secondary, coupled up with Jack and Smith in the middle of the defense in the linebacking core, and then you look up front with guys like Fowler Jr. and the rookies coming in plus the addition of Jackson. Now when it's 3rd & 10 and we need somebody to make a play. I feel 10x better going into this year than I did last year.

Nice to have some "alpha males" on our defense. Last time I can think of was Mike Pete/Henderson/Stroud.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Hard to choose (which is a good thing). Id say Fowler with Jack and Ramsey 2nd and 3rd. I feel the defense will be very good, if we have a pass rush. If Fowler can bring it...
Malik said Fowler reminded him of a young Von Miller. If he's in that coco to I will definitely take that!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Surprised that there's 2 votes for Prince and 0 votes for Gipson and Malik...

I've been watching Prince for a long time now. We would be lucky if he turned out to be a really good player. Seems to get beat a lot.
I read he's the only CB in the NFL that doesn't have a 100 yard game against him. That's a pretty good start.

So we can change our names on here? If this is true, it's getting harder to keep track which trolls are which. Who did Matt jones fan used to be?