Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CUT JAMES SAMPLE

Quote:Bjoern Werner wears 45 at the moment and I doubt he give it up because the number means a lot to him. That was the year Germany surrendered in WW2 and it reminds him to never stop fighting.

You gotta be joking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You gotta be joking.

I'm not. I would never joke about such things.

Quote:Wow. Butthurt much?

Not at all, actually. Just thought people should have a better understanding so they know what they're supporting.

Quote:Not at all, actually. Just thought people should have a better understanding so they know what they're supporting.
So you know what he's supporting? You know him personally? Do tell! Give us the dirt. You obviously know everything about him so we want to hear it. Ready, set, go.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Bjoern Werner wears 45 at the moment and I doubt he give it up because the number means a lot to him. That was the year Germany surrendered in WW2 and it reminds him to never stop fighting.

The NFL denied his request to wear the number 13 million (which represents the total number of people killed in the Nazi concentration camps)

Quote:So you know what he's supporting? You know him personally? Do tell! Give us the dirt. You obviously know everything about him so we want to hear it. Ready, set, go.

Talk about butt-hurt.

He gave a detailed answer about the first reason for wanting the number, and he kept the second reason private. If he comes out and gives a legitimate reason why the community has something to do with #23, then I'll apologize to you personally. Otherwise, you can just dismiss the 5-point star (one of the most common blood affiliated tattoo out there) and the initiation marks on his left bicep all day. I'll chose to believe what personal experience has taught me.

You shouldn't take this so personally

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 02:16 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Isn't the cowboy logo a five pointed star????+?+

Oh dear, looks like we got ourselves a traitor, boys. Grab your pitchforks

Quote:Talk about butt-hurt.

He gave a detailed answer about the first reason for wanting the number, and he kept the second reason private. If he comes out and gives a legitimate reason why the community has something to do with #23, then I'll apologize to you personally. Otherwise, you can just dismiss the 5-point star (one of the most common blood affiliated tattoo out there) and the initiation marks on his left bicep all day. I'll chose to believe what personal experience has taught me.

You shouldn't take this so personally
You think that was taking it personally? Haha. You're funny. You're obviously new around here. But since you asked, personally I couldn't care less what his reasons behind wanting to have the number. You can call it gang sign tats, aliens making signs in the cornfields of Ohio, or if you choose to believe the band named themselves 311( because it's 3 times the 11th letter in the alphabet which is a K) just because they wanted 311. Or in the Monster drink symbol "M" is just an upside down mark of the devil. I could go on all day, the fact is you don't know what his private reasons were so you just guessing and judging him based on your snap judgement isn't really cool. Thanks for playing and welcome to the board tho.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:You think that was taking it personally? Haha. You're funny. You're obviously new around here. But since you asked, personally I couldn't care less what his reasons behind wanting to have the number. You can call it gang sign tats, aliens making signs in the cornfields of Ohio, or if you choose to believe the band named themselves 311( because it's 3 times the 11th letter in the alphabet which is a K) just because they wanted 311. Or in the Monster drink symbol "M" is just an upside down mark of the devil. I could go on all day, the fact is you don't know what his private reasons were so you just guessing and judging him based on your snap judgement isn't really cool. Thanks for playing and welcome to the board tho.

JagNGeorgia has been on this board about 10 years longer than you, and is a pretty well respected poster.

But nice try I suppose...

LOL ...... I just looked at the Jags Message Board and the top 4 topics are as follows:

1) Cut James Sample

2) Matt Jones 3rd Best Jags

3) Join the Bucs Practice

4) I Just Watched the Broncos / Chargers Game

Could you imagine if you're a fan coming here to get info on our young, and up and coming team

YES, THE DEAD SEASON IS UPON US !!!    :ermm:

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 03:24 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:You think that was taking it personally? Haha. You're funny. You're obviously new around here. But since you asked, personally I couldn't care less what his reasons behind wanting to have the number. You can call it gang sign tats, aliens making signs in the cornfields of Ohio, or if you choose to believe the band named themselves 311( because it's 3 times the 11th letter in the alphabet which is a K) just because they wanted 311. Or in the Monster drink symbol "M" is just an upside down mark of the devil. I could go on all day, the fact is you don't know what his private reasons were so you just guessing and judging him based on your snap judgement isn't really cool. Thanks for playing and welcome to the board tho.

Good grief.

I've made an observation, and I let others know what I saw. You can accept it or not, but you're clearly bothered by what is likely true. This isn't a snap judgement. I haven't judged Samples as a person. I've told you something based on experience. Sure, people can have the things I've said and not be associated with gangs, but if it walks like a duck...

This doesn't mean I dislike Samples. I just don't like the ambiguous reasoning he provided.

The idea of cutting a guy because a rookie (even a high 1st round pick) wants it seems simply childish to me (although funny).

If Safety Sample isn't able to play as a DB at a high level that is the reason to cut the guy...

Quote:The idea of cutting a guy because a rookie (even a high 1st round pick) wants it seems simply childish to me (although funny).

If Safety Sample isn't able to play as a DB at a high level that is the reason to cut the guy...

Pretty sure no one is serious about cutting him.

Pretty sure no one is serious about him giving up his number other than Ramsey

Quote:Not at all, actually. Just thought people should have a better understanding so they know what they're supporting.

a better understanding? u said u just googled at a quick glance. Doeth thateth maketh u the all knowing?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Sample is a Blood. Hes not giving up the 23.

People come from different worlds. Jagngeorgia is correct about the tattoos. I dont care what number any player takes just win some games

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2016, 10:10 AM by mikesez.)

Just a cursory look at this allegation that James Sample is showing an affiliation with the bloods-

(1) James Sample's high school is in a mostly hispanic neighborhood, not black.  Bloods are almost always black people and they almost never exist outside majority black neighborhoods.

(2) Bloods do indeed use the number 5, and a 5 point star, but so do a lot of other people - Including our government!  Our flag has 50 five pointed stars.  Our defense department has a Pentagon as its headquarters.

(3) Bloods do sometimes brand their members with 3 to 5 marks called a "dog paw" on one upper arm, but, after looking at a lot of photos of James Sample... I see no brands at all, just tattoos.

I, personally, would need a lot more evidence to entertain such a serious allegation.

While I'm not sure what the number 23 has to do with "community," it could be the street he grew up on.  There is a 23rd street in Sacramento, but it's zoned to the neighboring high school, not the one he went to.  The high school he went to is mostly hispanic and the 23rd street area is mostly white. 

The most likely conclusion is that he did grow up on the 23rd street and perhaps the school zone boundaries changed recently, or he got a transfer as an athlete, or he moved shortly before high school.  While I have no evidence other than a map of the city and the name of his high school, I still have more evidence for that than the guy saying Sample runs with the bloods.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

What an interesting thread.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2016, 11:42 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Sample not cut yet?  I keep checking twitter and don't see anything.

Perhaps they are waiting until after the Memorial Day cookout to release him.  I heard he is bringing the bubba burgers. 

If Ramsey's is as good as he and others say then he should pick a number and make it his own. Sample is right not to give it to him.