Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia supporting Taliban

" Top US Commander...It's is fair to assume Russia is providing support to Taliban".

No shocker. But how upset can we be...i of course do not like our servicemen in harms way any more than necessary...but what should we expect. A few years back, these were freedom fighters who were fighting the Russians. Now they fight us. We supplied them...and not as clandestinely as we may have wanted or wished.

I understand Russia's invasion, occupation of Afghanistan was different. But not to Afghanis. Occupiers are occupiers. So it's payback in Russia's mind.

Point being....imo...I will never trust them. Although it's a nice thought of us getting along as DJT would like, but it may be a bit naive. IF this gets proven, I'm sure Trump will rethink his relationship with Vlad.

Hope so.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2017, 06:30 PM by JackCity.)

Its funny because the Taliban sprang from a group that was trained and armed by the CIA to fight against the Soviet Union.

If people were properly informed and knew about the "real" war going on in that area of the world, they would be not only shocked, but outraged.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:If people were properly informed and knew about the "real" war going on in that area of the world, they would be not only shocked, but outraged.

Oh yea?

Quote:Oh yea?

When Pakistan is involved in the whole thing and I see Pakistani people (military) coming into a secure facility on a military base, I have a problem.

Much of the "war" in Afghanistan has been waged and fought by "underground" forces.

That whole area of the country is ugly right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Concern that Pakistan is in such disarray, a real cluster piss, and they have nukes. That is one item of concern.

I understand why we are there. But find it so hypocritical and naive for those who are up in arms about the Russians doing anything to disrupt our activities. Including screwing with our elections...plural..

We in turn do the same thing, and have been doing it. A fair amount with bad results.

I guess my point is...personally..I don't and will never trust them.
Blakes Life Matters