Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More PC Madness

Quote:Reactionary outrage from people who see enemies everywhere and a war on everything. 

I hereby declare a war on declaring everything a war.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 07:20 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:No, you honor the person and what they did for our country. It's not about "faith" or religion. It's about what the person did for us.
So why are crosses being used? If it wasn't about faith than this would be a non issue.

If the families don't care than all is good. Definitely not a PC Madness issue though.

Quote:So the crucifix is now the universal symbol of RIP? Yeah...it's not.

Lol, yeah... Okay.

Quote:the cross is offensive no matter the situation. im currently petitioning that it be removed from this country. separate church and state and burn all crosses. Thanks. Have a <del>blessed</del> scientific day.

Or have a completely irrational, believe in anything that you can't see because a book told you so type of day? Your day just sounds cooler.

Quote:I PM'ed you the answer to the question to keep religion out of this thread.

It's not about asking a question, it's about Memorial Day. Some people just don't get it. I could care less if the memorial consisted of a bunch of 6 pointed stars (you know, the Star of David). In any case, it's a tribute and a memorial for those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

What if it was swastikas? Or what if it was sign of the devil?

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 03:31 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:I hereby declare a war on declaring everything a war.
Better hurry. Rand Paul is trying to get rid of the draft and you are going to need a lot of bodies.

Quote:I hereby declare a war on declaring everything a war.

It's a war on war, war on war

Quote:So why are crossing being used? If it wasn't about faith than this would be a non issue.

If the families don't care than all is good. Definitely not a PC Madness issue though.

Quote:What if it was swastikas? Or what if it was sign of the devil?

I disagree with you about it not being PC madness.  That's exactly what it is.

My point is that it's all about Memorial Day and honoring those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for all of us.  While I don't agree with groups that would put up the symbols that you mentioned, I do agree as to why those symbols are put up.  In other words, if some gay group wanted to put up rainbow flags to honor the real heroes of our past conflicts, I wouldn't have a problem with it even though I disagree with the group.

If the same thing happened to them (the gay group) I would react the same way.  If it gets taken down because 1 person questioned whether or not all of the people represented by those rainbow flags were gay, that would be wrong.  It's not about the group that does something, it's all about the why.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I disagree with you about it not being PC madness. That's exactly what it is.

My point is that it's all about Memorial Day and honoring those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. While I don't agree with groups that would put up the symbols that you mentioned, I do agree as to why those symbols are put up. In other words, if some gay group wanted to put up rainbow flags to honor the real heroes of our past conflicts, I wouldn't have a problem with it even though I disagree with the group.

If the same thing happened to them (the gay group) I would react the same way. If it gets taken down because 1 person questioned whether or not all of the people represented by those rainbow flags were gay, that would be wrong. It's not about the group that does something, it's all about the why.

I understand why someone would care though these families don't. That's all I got to say about that.