Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 5 Jaguars of All Time of Defense

Brackens

Mathis

Mike P.

Stroud

Daryl Smith

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Tony Brackens

2. Rashean Mathis

3. John Henderson

4. Marcus Stroud

5. Donovin Darius

Mike Peterson came close. 

Quote:I hereby am officially adding Donovan Darius to everybody's list.

I don't care what rank you put him, but he has to be on the list.

He blew up guys like Iron Head, the bus.

They showed a video of him just absolutely Wam Boozling Jerome Bettis.

He was horrible in coverage most of his career and he put some dirty hit on some players (like Ferguson from the Packers).

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He was a strong safety. He filled the hole text book.

He was above average and that's it.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:He was above average and that's it.

Two reasons why I put Donovin Darius 5th on my list is he was a tone setter for the Jaguars Defense and he had longevity. 

Like Mike Peterson,  Daryl Smith also came close to making the top 5 on my list.  Kevin Hardy would be 8th on my list.   It's very subjective and close between # 5 and # 8. 

At least on this end,  I think there's a drop-off after Tony Brackens,  Rashean Mathis, John Henderson,  and Marcus Stroud.  

He was a tone setter. He hit with conviction.

Quote:He was horrible in coverage most of his career and he put some dirty hit on some players (like Ferguson from the Packers).

That wasn't a dirty hit

Quote:That wasn't a dirty hit

LOL yeah ok

Quote:LOL yeah ok

You think his intent was to put him on a stretcher?

My list of best Defensive Starters since 2015 in Jacksonville

#1.) DT Marcus Stroud 3x Pro Bowl, AP second team All Pro, 2x PFW First Team All AFC, All Pro Sporting News

#2.) DT Big John Henderson 2x Pro Bowl, 2nd team All Pro, 2x All American

#3.) DE Tony Brackens Pro Bowl

#4.) CB Rashean Mathis Pro Bowl

#5.) MLB Paul Posluszny  Pro Bowl

Notable mention

Safety Donovin Darius

MLB Mike Peterson

I think OLB Telvin Smith & Myles Jack have great chances along with Jalen Ramsey of making the top 5 list if they can remain healthy for a few years...

very high potential..

Quote:My list of best Defensive Starters since 2015 in Jacksonville

#1.) DT Marcus Stroud 3x Pro Bowl, AP second team All Pro, 2x PFW First Team All AFC, All Pro Sporting News

#2.) DT Big John Henderson 2x Pro Bowl, 2nd team All Pro, 2x All American

#3.) DE Tony Brackens Pro Bowl

#4.) CB Rashean Mathis Pro Bowl

#5.) MLB Paul Posluszny  Pro Bowl

Notable mention

Safety Donovin Darius

MLB Mike Peterson
The Pro Bowls mean nothing.  Fred Taylor had 1 Pro Bowl

I would argue that people place Tony higher simply because of sacks, and yet those two DTs were the best in Jaguars Defensive History to date.

To be honest a part of me wanted to put Poz at 3, then Mathis & then Tony..  but I figured people would flip out..

Quote:Brackens

Stroud

Mathis

Darius

Peterson

Wildcards :  Henderson and Smith
Thats my list as well.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I would argue that people place Tony higher simply because of sacks, and yet those two DTs were the best in Jaguars Defensive History to date.

To be honest a part of me wanted to put Poz at 3, then Mathis & then Tony..  but I figured people would flip out..
What about the 28 forced fumbles?

It isnt about the numbers for Brackens for me as if you look at his sack total he really didnt have that many.  But the guy was always causing havoc behind the line of scrimage and was really good the year we went 14-2.  Never had another guy like him on the edge

Quote:I think OLB Telvin Smith & Myles Jack have great chances along with Jalen Ramsey of making the top 5 list if they can remain healthy for a few years...

very high potential..
Fowler as well

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2016, 09:25 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

Brackens

Henderson

Stroud

Mike Peterson

Rashean Mathis

Daryl Smith is close.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:It isnt about the numbers for Brackens for me as if you look at his sack total he really didnt have that many.  But the guy was always causing havoc behind the line of scrimage and was really good the year we went 14-2.  Never had another guy like him on the edge
Brackens missed 21 games over 8 years because of injury and still managed an avg of 7 sacks/year and 3.5 FFs