Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"In terms of top-to-bottom talent, #Jaguars have the best roster in the AFC South."

Most talented but arguably least experienced and with the least cohesion on defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Houston has the best defensive player of the decade and best WR of the league.

Give me Houston's roster with a chance of drafting a QB in every round next year.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 04:50 PM by TrueFan.)

Quote:I agree with this.

Though I do not think we have the most talented roster top to bottom due to the lack of a good pass blocking LT and a good proven pass rusher, I would not trade this roster for any other in the league.

I agree that Bradley is the biggest question mark, followed by LT, Fowler, LG and kicker.

More than anything else, this team needs maturity...to grow out of the mind numbing mistakes that too often cost us games.

Always enjoy your keen analyses!  

Fowler I am being optimistic and hopeful about ..  and I like Myers so far actually.  The 'little' (my son would shoot me) misses last year are water under the bridge for me.  It all starts this year.  Poor kid's been kicking the extra-point from point-blank all his life..  lol

The O-line definitely the biggest question mark, but again I admit to being optimistic and hopeful.  

The feeling I get is just that the whole team will sort of 'cover for itself' now..  LT a little weak,, well, Ivory's got some mustard..  Pass rush not quite getting there?  Well, we got some ball-hawks back there, best be careful Mariota..  It just feels to me like the 'connecting' energy is there now..   No more huge holes in the secondary.  Gipson alone would have made a big difference.  Now Ramsey?!  lol  Yeah, we'll be seeing some ints this year!  Alleluiah!!  At long last!   Even upfront on the D..  Malik is like having Stroud or Henderson up there again!  wow wow wow ..

This is one cool and fast race-car we have here..  I just hope Gus doesn't spring the suspension too tight and hit the wall!

"More than anything else, this team needs maturity...to grow out of the mind numbing mistakes that too often cost us games."   Wow are we in agreement here..  this is coaching if you ask me, but there is no denying the 'arrow' is still pointing up.  

After all of the pain and suffering of being a Jax fan for just the last 10 years even - I am so looking forward to stuffing that monkey that's been on our back, and the disdain..  right up their f lee-pin jocks..   We can start with Rodgers..  It's time to pin 'kick-me' on the entire NFL's butt..

The thing I thought was funny today is the article about us 'winning the off-season' ..  Lol ..   They have no idea how much practice we've had these last number of years!!    Now..  if only we could..

And Jamie Dukes still hates the Jags. LOL.  

Says the Ramsey pick was good, but taking a LT would've been better.  

1:30 in this video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap3000...ed-in-2016

He also thinks many of Blake's TD's were in garbage-time.  Yes, a few were, but as many as he thinks since we were in almost very game late. 

Jack-[BLEEP].....

Quote:Most talented but arguably least experienced and with the least cohesion on defense.
I think you could make an argument for Cincinnati being the most talented roster overall. They just need to get over that playoff bugaboo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:And Jamie Dukes still hates the Jags. LOL.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap3000000660788/Which-Jaguars-unit-will-be-more-feared-in-2016'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap3000000660788/Which-Jaguars-unit-will-be-more-feared-in-2016</a>

He also thinks many of Blake's TD's were in garbage-time. Yes, a few were, but as many as he thinks since we were in almost very game late.

Jack-[BAD WORD REMOVED].....

Jamie Dukes is an idiot

Quote:Per Andy Benoit.

Agree or disagree? do we have the talent to take over this division?

Fortunately there are no great teams, great head coaches or Elite/HOF QBs in the AFCS so the Jags have a much better chance of taking over this division then some of the other divisions.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Houston has the best defensive player of the decade and best WR of the league.

Give me Houston's roster with a chance of drafting a QB in every round next year.
Best WR in the league?! BAHAHAHAHAHA

[Image: Championbelt_papertoyfight.png]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:[Image: Championbelt_papertoyfight.png]

2010? Your internet game is weak.

Quote:2010? Your internet game is weak.

Maybe we've held the belt since..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Maybe we've held the belt since..

Paper champs with Gabbert as your QB? Oh.

In Raw, yes. But it's how they gell to the NFL and to each other.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

He also thinks many of Blake's TD's were in garbage-time.  Yes, a few were, but as many as he thinks since we were in almost very game late. 

Jamie Dukes is one twinkie away from a disaster...

In Dave We trust

Quote:Houston has the best defensive player of the decade and best WR of the league.

Hopkins is good I'll give you that, but he gets away with pushing off almost every single play. He murdered house in the game in jax last year and wasn't called one time. So I would take Arob and hurns over Hopkins and the rest of the keystone cops over there any day of the week.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

If things don't go as well as some believe they will this season, this board is going to have a meltdown of epic proportions.

There's no doubt we have talent. It falls on the coaches getting the talent to gel together and be a team. Showing them how to be a consistent winner in the NFL is paramount. No more excuses.

No pain, no gain.

I don't know if that analysis makes him an idiot.  It's not as if protecting Bortles isn't a concern.  The fact is, 106 sacks in two seasons is way too many times for Bortles to be hit.  In the "Indy is instructive" thread of last week, a sizeable portion of the posters agreed it was a concern.  Heck, he's taken more sacks in his first two seasons than the David Carr who sat right next to Dukes as he made his arguments.

Keep in mind, Dukes was a former OL.  Of course he's going to push for OL.

Even Dukes acknowledges the Ramsey and Jack picks were good picks.  But he also rightfully acknowledges that OL remains a lingering concern.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Don't know yet. Still need to see them play as a team this preseason. But as far as overall talent. I'll take the teams that actually win football games. And so far, we don't fit that bill under Gus Bradley's coaching and leadership. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."