Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"In terms of top-to-bottom talent, #Jaguars have the best roster in the AFC South."

Quote:I don't know if that analysis makes him an idiot. It's not as if protecting Bortles isn't a concern. The fact is, 106 sacks in two seasons is way too many times for Bortles to be hit. In the "Indy is instructive" thread of last week, a sizeable portion of the posters agreed it was a concern. Heck, he's taken more sacks in his first two seasons than the David Carr who sat right next to Dukes as he made his arguments.

Keep in mind, Dukes was a former OL. Of course he's going to push for OL.

Even Dukes acknowledges the Ramsey and Jack picks were good picks. But he also rightfully acknowledges that OL remains a lingering concern.
I didn't call him an idiot. I called him a braying donkey, and I don't agree with his analysis of LT being THE problem with Blakes sack numbers.

It was the problem in two games truth be told.

Lots of sacks came from Blake himself, Wiz or Beadles. The o line is already better on paper with Linder returning and LT was only a small piece of the problem.

With the Beachum addition - I see the need at LT as less than the defensive positions addressed.

The garbage time comment does make him a bit of an idiot BTW.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is about talent, remaining healthy, and having excellent coaches develop that talent & draw up plays for them to excel.

The problem has been that the team went from good HC Coughlin & average HC JDR & then worse since he left..

Quote:If things don't go as well as some believe they will this season, this board is going to have a meltdown of epic proportions.

That's nothing new, it happens after every season.

Heck, it even happens during the season.

I've also seen it happen during the off-season/preseason when an injury occurs.

I think that about covers it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

All I know is that this year we might not be the worse division. We're going to be competitive, top to bottom

Quote:When was the last time the Jaguars were "good on paper"? Haha

I'm as excited as the next guy but supposedly it was built last year, 2012 on paper was supposed to be our year, 2008 we where favorites to win the division.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 11:34 AM by TackHammer56.)

Quote:I call bull you know what Smile Don't get caught up with star players. The jags have best OVERALL roster is the argument. Don't forget where the Texans are strong on defense the jags have a much stronger offense. The defense is only question mark, but based on off-season adds coupled with first round talent it pushes the tilt into the jag's favor.

If you're going to count unproven draftees for the Jags ya gotta do the same for the Texans .

Our Offense has improved drastically.....on paper anyway....

Quote:     If you're going to count unproven draftees for the Jags ya gotta do the same for the Texans .

Our Offense has improved drastically.....on paper anyway....
Point taken, though you could argue the overwhelming consensus is/was that Ramsey and Jack were better prospects than Fuller and the rest of your draft class.

That said, I wanted Nick Martin here and think you got a heckuva player with him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Point taken, though you could argue the overwhelming consensus is/was that Ramsey and Jack were better prospects than Fuller and the rest of your draft class.

That said, I wanted Nick Martin here and think you got a heckuva player with him.

I like Fuller because he fits what O'Brien is trying to do with the offense. I love how they got Brock a buttload of weapons,he's gotta be happy.

Yeah Martin looks like he's gonna be a keeper no doubt.

Quote:     I like Fuller because he fits what O'Brien is trying to do with the offense. I love how they got Brock a buttload of weapons,he's gotta be happy.

Yeah Martin looks like he's gonna be a keeper no doubt.

He's happy now, but in about 5 months a lot of players for the texans are going to be angry when they realize Brock doesn't have what it takes to distribute the football the way they'll want it.

That's the problem with loading up on receiving talent, if your QB is on the Gabbert level it'll never matter.

Quote:He's happy now, but in about 5 months a lot of players for the texans are going to be angry when they realize Brock doesn't have what it takes to distribute the football the way they'll want it.

That's the problem with loading up on receiving talent, if your QB is on the Gabbert level it'll never matter.

Another arm chair football guru.

I know he's far better than anyone we've had behind center in years.

I dunno about that, Tack Hammer.

Before his damn near unprecedented meltdown, Schaub was actually pretty good for you guys.  If Osweiler can approximate pre meltdown Schaub, it's a victory for you guys.

I have my doubts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:  Another arm chair football guru.

He's on the Gabbert level. The texans would have been better off crawling back to Fitzpatrick.

Quote:I dunno about that, Tack Hammer.

Before his damn near unprecedented meltdown, Schaub was actually pretty good for you guys.  If Osweiler can approximate pre meltdown Schaub, it's a victory for you guys.

I have my doubts.

And it was four years ago that Ben Taub Schaub was serviceable,and we havent had a decent QB since.

After watching Brock it's pretty obvious that he's been better than the last four years of miscreants we've fielded,and if O'Brien can polish those turds I have hopes for Brock.

Quote:He's on the Gabbert level. The texans would have been better off crawling back to Fitzpatrick.

You should seriously consider backing away from the smack talk at this point since the Jags haven't done anything in years.

Quote: You should seriously consider backing away from the smack talk at this point since the Jags haven't done anything in years.
Didn't y'all just break the over .500 record like 3 years ago after 10 years being in existence? Lol. We did it in one.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Didn't y'all just break the over .500 record like 3 years ago after 10 years being in existence? Lol. We did it in one.

Do you even football?

That happened seven years ago. And you should really consider the benefit of the draft rules when the Jags were first formed.

Y'all got picks out the wazoo!!

Quote:  You should seriously consider backing away from the smack talk at this point since the Jags haven't done anything in years.

Sadly it's not smack talk at all, it's just simple truth.

Besides, how does the fact that the Jaguars have sucked for years change anything about the texans signing a Gabbert level backup to huge contract?

I wonder how many texans fans are wishing they took Bortles in 2014 right now.

Quote: Another arm chair football guru.

You realize the Broncos benched Brock for a QB who couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards right? Manning was the worst QB last year and they benched Brock for him.....

Brock also had Demaryius and Sanders to throw to. Outside of Hopkins, there is no one on the Texans close to those guys.

I'd rather have Fitz than Brock too....

Quote: Do you even football?

That happened seven years ago. And you should really consider the benefit of the draft rules when the Jags were first formed.

Y'all got picks out the wazoo!!
Do you even football? Seriously? Your team has rode the pine of ONE player! Without him that team is trash and we all know it.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Do you even football? Seriously? Your team has rode the pine of ONE player! Without him that team is trash and we all know it.

I dont think you know what riding the pine means.

And if we suck so bad where does that leave the Jags?