Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derrick Henry's bad footwork

Quote:My grandmother probably could have run that drill better. It was the worst I have ever seen. Maybe it was his first time doing it, doesn't change the fact that it was the worst I've ever seen, it doesn't change the fact that I think he's nothing more than a goal line/short yardage back in the NFL.

That's not projecting. It's me giving my opinion and we will not really know how my opinion shakes out for a few years so we will wait and see.

Edit: I know what Jones was drafted for and where he came from. His career is over and he played fullback for the majority of it in a different offensive era. Those are just statistical facts. If you want to say that you think their careers will take similar paths that's one thing but to compare their stats without explanation of why is different. If Henry winds up being nothing more than Greg Jones in 2016 then he is a bust. Jones gave us a lot of value blocking, it was way more important back then to have a guy who can always come out and lead block.

If you asked the GM drafting Jones if getting a 6 year starter at Fullback was a win, he'd laugh and pick someone else.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you asked the GM drafting Jones if getting a 6 year starter at Fullback was a win, he'd laugh and pick someone else.

I'm not disagreeing with that but how would you compare drafting a fullback 12 years ago at pick 55 vs drafting a fullback at pick 45 in 2016?

It's much more excusable. On top of that if you just look at the amount of players, not even just running backs that flame out after a year or two and then consider Greg Jones had a long career, I just don't think the two are similar at all.

I think Henry will have a career more similar to lendale white.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'm thinking Ron Dayne.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm thinking Ron Dayne.

That's pretty reasonable.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Not too shabby for a second rounder.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Harvey looks like he is someone you do not want to be messed with!

Quote:Not too shabby for a second rounder.

Right, but it's situational. The tacks had a lot more holes and RB is something they just addressed.

Lendale White

Quote:Lendale White

I disagree. White could have been a really good back if he could have kept from shoving food in his mouth.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM by jagabc6893.)

For some reason, I think with on game day, with a football in his arms and the goal line in sight, Henry will look a little better.  LOL.

I am going to say 700 yards and 8 TD's for him this year while splitting time with Murray pretty evenly.    

Not too shabby for a guy with bad footwork (only preseason, I know): https://youtu.be/E21XW100QZs

How is he number 2? 

Quote:Not too shabby for a guy with bad footwork (only preseason, I know): https://youtu.be/E21XW100QZs

If you know then why are you bothering?

Quote:How is he number 2? 

Only allowable in preseason and practice.

He'll have to choose something else for regular season.

Bit strange that the second round pick hasn't picked a number yet. He's had 4 months to get one Tongue

I guess he's hoping someone else will get cut in camp?

Quote:Bit strange that the second round pick hasn't picked a number yet. He's had 4 months to get one Tongue

I guess he's hoping someone else will get cut in camp?

More about that...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derric...-him-keep/

They're missing out on a huge opportunity to sell jerseys. C'mon tack fan, get your #2 jersey while you can, it IDs both your draft pick and your franchise at the same time!

I skipped most of the bickering....

Henry looked pretty good in his preseason game so far...

I think he'll be fine. haters gon' hate.

Unfortunately, I'd prefer him to bust. becuz... well tacks.

Quote:I skipped most of the bickering....

Henry looked pretty good in his preseason game so far...

I think he'll be fine. haters gon' hate.

Unfortunately, I'd prefer him to bust. becuz... well tacks.

I thought so, too.  A lot of zone in that offense.  Didn't seem like he had any problem with his cuts or quickness in change of direction.  Even with those "bad feet."

Looks really good this preseaon