Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lets talk Ivory

Quote:Start with Yeldon, finish with Ivory.

This would be ideal, but I think it goes both ways. Yeldon has some real power to him as well. Just feed the hot hand.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This would be ideal, but I think it goes both ways. Yeldon has some real power to him as well. Just feed the hot hand.

True. I just like the scat back, chase you around the field guy at the beginning of drives and the pound you into submission, take your will power away guy to end the drive.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ivory has giving this Offense the final skill position piece it needed to be complete. still needs a few line pieces to be absolutely complete, but as far weps,  I think we are about done. WR's, TE's, RB's, and a QB are all checked off the list. It is going to very difficult to defend against everything if ivory turns out to be close to the back he was at NY. been a while since I could say this is a team that can hurt you in every facet of offense.

I still don't see the team predicating the offense on the run. That is to say, this is still far more of a passing team, however, they do want to run better to provide a little more balance. I can see Yeldon and Ivory having some big runs as defenses will often be playing the pass more, although by seasons end I merely see the two combining for about 1200 yards.

'02

Quote:I still don't see the team predicating the offense on the run. That is to say, this is still far more of a passing team, however, they do want to run better to provide a little more balance. I can see Yeldon and Ivory having some big runs as defenses will often be playing the pass more, although by seasons end I merely see the two combining for about 1200 yards.

I think they'll be closer to 1700

They both have been injury prone, hopefully they can keep each other healthy throughout the season and fresh come December.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I say 1500 between the 2

I can see this happening:

Yeldon 800 yards and 5 TDs

Ivory 500 yards and 3 TDs

Robinson 200 yards and 1 TD
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Ivory was my favorite signing of the free agency period. He's fun to watch, and he brings physicality to the backfield, which is something we have been missing since MJD 's prime. If we can run the ball, our offense will be ridiculous.
No commercial messages in sigs

Why was the leading conference rusher allowed to walk again? #PardonMyJW
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Ideally I'd like to see about a 65/35 split with Yeldon getting the majority of the snaps, since Ivory has such a long injury history and is on the wrong side of the career arc for an RB. Unfortunately with him being so highly paid I think they envision a pretty 50/50 split.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 05:56 AM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Why was the leading conference rusher allowed to walk again? #PardonMyJW
While technically correct, it's pretty disingenuous at the same time. 1070 yards is fairly pedestrian overall, as far as I looked back (to 2002) it's the lowest to lead a conference by hundreds of yards, and as running was more prevalent in the past it wouldn't surprise me if it is among the lowest totals to lead a conference of all time. He was very fortunate that Leveon, Charles, McCoy, Foster, etc all got hurt. 

The Jets let him walk because the Jags made him the 7th highest paid RB in the league, and he obviously isn't close to that good. We had the cap room to way overpay him to fit a niche and we did, the Jets don't have the luxury with their cap space. 

Thanks KY. So he was an RFA, we made the offer, Jets said go ahead, please?

#MindMyJW#2

Should just simply pull him up, huh?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:What are your expectations for him? High or low? Average?

When I heard about the signing I would say I had very high expectations but after really thinking about it he'll probably be as good as TJ Yeldon maybe being more of his backup as some have said...

I think if Ivory AND Yeldon are healthy for the majority of the games (and the LG situation ends up being better than the Beadles situation)

- then the run game is going to be a lot better this season.  A lot better. 

Ivory and Yeldon running to the right behind Linder/Cann/Parnell is going to be a joy to watch IMO. 

I forgot how good he is until seeing that run against the Fins again.

I'll be honest and say I had not really watched CI until tonight... wow.. the way he pile drives that tack?  I am a fan for life!!!

Quote:I still don't see the team predicating the offense on the run. That is to say, this is still far more of a passing team, however, they do want to run better to provide a little more balance. I can see Yeldon and Ivory having some big runs as defenses will often be playing the pass more, although by seasons end I merely see the two combining for about 1200 yards.

That's a pretty low number. Despite Yeldon missing four games and Robinson being a much worse running back than Ivory, they still managed over 1000 yards combined last season.

I would not be surprised if we have a top 10 offense this year.  Our opponents don't see the little kitty on their schedule the way they used to..

Yeah..  Ivory will help us win.  And TJ will just get better and better..

Some of these football geniuses just leave me smdh.