Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Way Too Early 53-man Roster

Jonas gray sucks, keep the denard robinson experiment going for another year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jonas gray sucks, keep the denard robinson experiment going for another year.

I wouldn't mind Denard over Gray as long as they keep Grant. Grant's gonna be our Sproles.

'02

Quote:These are two players you don't want offering versatility unless it means they can also play OL.

Exactly. They eat space up and do a good job.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:No way.... Arrelious is probably our fastest WR and is one hell of a deep threat. I can't wait to see him and Bortles develop timing with Arrelious healthy. Sterling is merely a guy stuck between WR and TE. He's too big for the former and too small for the latter.

I like Benn a lot, ever since he played at Illinois. I think ultimately they'd take Sterling over him, because he's cheaper and younger. And he's versatile.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I like Benn a lot, ever since he played at Illinois. I think ultimately they'd take Sterling over him, because he's cheaper and younger. And he's versatile.

Benn fits this offense too well. I totally see him staying put. If they keep Sterling at WR, it will probably be over Bryan Walters.

'02

One guy is only keeping 8 OL.

We will keep 9-10

Quote:One guy is only keeping 8 OL.

We will keep 9-10

I'm thinking 9 if we keep 3 qbs.

'02

Quote:I'm thinking 9 if we keep 3 qbs.

No way we go with 3 qbs. Not a chance. Big uglies all day.

The ones I disagree with the most, I would keep Sterling as the other TE/WR and cut Benn

Wooderd would be PS and Bennett makes it

Grant vs D-Rob would be interesting 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:The Nick Marshall project needs to be over immediately
Why?

I guess Denver should have dumped Julius Thomas after one year since he wasnt good after his rookie year.

Marshall has shown a lot of promise at DB last year for a guy who was a QB the last 3 years.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

IDK, I think they run w/ 3 QB's.... I agree they want to develop the rookie to be back up. 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:IDK, I think they run w/ 3 QB's.... I agree they want to develop the rookie to be back up.

He'll be developed on the practice squad after getting some time in preseason.

Quote:Why?

I guess Denver should have dumped Julius Thomas after one year since he wasnt good after his rookie year.

Marshall has shown a lot of promise at DB last year for a guy who was a QB the last 3 years.

In what game did he show any promise lol

Quote:He'll be developed on the practice squad after getting some time in preseason.

At which point any team can grab him up if they want him.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

This dude is not bad, Henne is getting old, no way they let this kid get taken from the practice squad...They either keep three QB's or Henne is released. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbFfXifWWXI

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:I think we keep 3 QB's on the roster. With the intent that Allen eventually replaces Henne as the backup. I could see us doing just two, but then there's a big risk someone grabs Allen off the practice squad.

My thoughts exactly

I know all of this is way too early, but is anyone else excited that our roster is now at a point where tough decisions need to be made and we're going to be cutting decent depth. We couldn't say that 4 years ago

Quote:This dude is not bad, Henne is getting old, no way they let this kid get taken from the practice squad...They either keep three QB's or Henne is released. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbFfXifWWXI

Exactly.

Besides, the Jaguars scheme involves a deeper passing game which suits Allen far better than it suits Henne.

'02

Quote:I wouldn't mind Denard over Gray as long as they keep Grant. Grant's gonna be our Sproles.
Agreed

No way should Grant be cut...still, he needs to have a good pre-season

Quote:This dude is not bad, Henne is getting old, no way they let this kid get taken from the practice squad...They either keep three QB's or Henne is released.

Agree