Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Way Too Early 53-man Roster

Quote:
  • Yes, I cut Marks. The Jags now have Jackson and Odrick making oodles of cash to do basically the same thing, and they've got redundant depth in Day and Bennett. Simply put, they don't need to pay a ton of money to an aging, banged-up tackle when they have several younger players, two of whom are expensive and two of whom are dirt-cheap, who have a very similar skill set and role on the team. Alualu was an easy cut.

Quote:I was also wondering about Marks. The Jags signed Malik Jackson, Bennett seemed to make good progress last year and then they drafted Sheldon Day.  That tells me they don't think Marks will be back 100%

WOW!!!

The Jaguars are not about to cut Marks. Where is this coming from?

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Regarding the OL, Gus pretty much just clarified that Brandon Linder will be the C with AJ Cann at RG. They're looking for their LG

'02

Quote:WOW!!!

The Jaguars are not about to cut Marks. Where is this coming from?

An objective look at the roster. Marks' roles are duplicated by four other players. He's certainly at risk.

Quote:Regarding the OL, Gus pretty much just clarified that Brandon Linder will be the C with AJ Cann at RG. They're looking for their LG

I would expect Bernadeau to take over that spot at least temporarily.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 11:46 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:An objective look at the roster. Marks' roles are duplicated by four other players. He's certainly at risk.

I think that might be the case next year but not now.  I don't think a guy like Bennett is going to shove Marks off the roster yet.  I say the same with a rookie in Day.

Quote:An objective look at the roster. Marks' roles are duplicated by four other players. He's certainly at risk.
we wont cut our best player on defense, Gene Smith wouldnt even do that

I think his spot is definitely on the line if the injury is still effecting him.

Quote:we wont cut our best player on defense, Gene Smith wouldnt even do that
You really think Marks is still our best defender? I don't know that he's even the best at his position anymore, especially if the injury is lingering at all.

I don't see any reason why we should think the injury is still effecting him. The only thing mentioned in this thread to think as much is simply that the Jaguars signed so many defensive linemen, but that doesn't mean Sen'Derrick has had some kind of set-back. I'm thinking he's fine, and that this is year two from coming back when players typically are right back on par.

'02

Quote:Regarding the OL, Gus pretty much just clarified that Brandon Linder will be the C with AJ Cann at RG. They're looking for their LG

Well, there goes Bo. The loser of the LT will probably slide to LG, if they don't feel comfortable with Bernadeau.
No commercial messages in sigs

Would be a suprise cut, for sure.

Marks has a relatively cheap contract, so if they get rid of him, then the injuries are taking their toll. Didn't really think about it, but I could see it. There's going to be a lot of players competing for those 10-11 spots along the DL, with 8 of those spots getting a lot of playing time and rotating.

Quote:Well, there goes Bo. The loser of the LT will probably slide to LG, if they don't feel comfortable with Bernadeau.

why do people believe this?

For example, let's say Joeckel and Beachum battle it out in training camp and pre-season and then they decide that Beachum will start.

You wanna just "slide" Joeckel to a position that he has literally never played before?  That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:why do people believe this?

For example, let's say Joeckel and Beachum battle it out in training camp and pre-season and then they decide that Beachum will start.

You wanna just "slide" Joeckel to a position that he has literally never played before? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Really wouldn't want Joeckel starting anywhere.

PFF wrote in regards to CB Prince

He lacks the typical length to play on the outside in Bradley’s scheme, but was likely a short-term stopgap considering he received only a one-year deal. Amukamara lacks experience in the slot, but might be shifted inside. Aaron Colvin was a dependable nickelback in 2015 (73.9 coverage grade), suggesting there’ll be a competition for the position.

Quote:And yes, I left Henne on it. This is a roster prediction more than it is a depth chart so no names are listed twice.

QB
(3): Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB
(4): Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Jonas Gray, Corey Grant

WR1
(3): Allen Robinson, Marquis Lee, Arrelious Benn

WR2/slot
(3): Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene, Bryan Walters

TE
(3): Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis and Nic Jacobs

OT
(4): Luke Joekel, Kelvin Beachum, Jermey Parnell, Josh Wells

C/G
(5): Brandon Linder, AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Luke Bowanko, Tyler Shatley

OFFENSE: 25, tough cuts were Neal Sterling and Denard Robinson, Grant is flat out more exciting and faster than DRob with better hands, and Jacobs edges out Sterling at TE since he'll double as their new FB in short yardage situations.

LEO
(3): Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, Jonathan Woodard

DT:
(3): Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

NT
(2): Roy Miller, Abry Jones

DE
(2): Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis

OLB
(2): Telvin Smith, Dan Skuta

MLB
(2): Paul Posluszny, Jordan Tripp

OTTO
(2): Myles Jack, Tyrone Holmes

CB
(5): Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Nick Marshall

FS
(2): Tashaun Gipson, James Sample

SS
(2): Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien

DEFENSE: 25, tough cuts were all the UDFAs, but I can't project any making it this early. McCray, Armbrister and Bennett were kind of tough

K (1): Jaden Oberkrom

P (1): Brad Nortman

LS (1): Carson Tinker

theres no way we cut demetrius. he's the best runner we have.

QB - 2

RB - 4

WR - 6

TE - 3

OL - 10

Offense Total 25

DL - 10

LB - 6

CB - 5

S - 4

Defense Total 25

K - 1

P - 1

LS - 1

ST Total 3

Quote:QB - 2 3

RB - 4

WR - 6

TE - 3

OL - 10 9

Offense Total 25

DL - 10

LB - 6

CB - 5

S - 4

Defense Total 25

K - 1

P - 1

LS - 1

ST Total 3

fixed

'02

Hey jags02 what's the dline depth chart look like with the Werner signing..

Werner is at the back of the line.

Quote:Hey jags02 what's the dline depth chart look like with the Werner signing..

As of right now, I see him as a camp body. I don't think his signing affects the competition at LEO or OTTO very much. Hopefully, a light turns on for him and he proves me wrong.