Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Way Too Early 53-man Roster

I'm pulling for Denard because he seems like a great guy. He did have some solid games as a starter, but in reality I don't see him or Grant getting more than a few touches on offense with Yeldon and Ivory on the roster.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So again what does Grant do better than Drob apart from run fast in a straight line?

What about his brilliant 4 game stretch in 2014? I think he offers far far more than Grant can,if he gets the fumbling under control hes a very solid change of pace guy.

If Grant ran a 4.35 he wouldn't be on the team and you wouldn't think he's any good.

But he's FAST!!  You know, just like Witherspoon and Whitted and look at the impact they made!

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:But he's FAST!!  You know, just like Witherspoon and Whitted and look at the impact they made!

SInce he's a RB, a better comparison would be Tavian Banks. Banks would have been something special had he not blown out his knee.

'02

Quote:SInce he's a RB, a better comparison would be Tavian Banks. Banks would have been something special had he not blown out his knee.

Tavian Banks was in no way, shape, or form as one-dimensional.

Tavian Banks. LOL. Good one.

Quote:SInce he's a RB, a better comparison would be Tavian Banks. Banks would have been something special had he not blown out his knee.

Banks was a college star with great talent. Grant was a bit part college player.

Tavian Banks was my favorite player as a kid, was really bummed that his career was ended on a bogus hit. Taylor and Banks would have been a SCARY duo.

Quote:Tavian Banks was in no way, shape, or form as one-dimensional.

Tavian Banks. LOL. Good one.

Grant has a chance to be as good if given a shot. I don't see any reason to give up on him just yet.

'02

Quote:Grant has a chance to be as good if given a shot. I don't see any reason to give up on him just yet.

The only reason you think that is based on his 40 time. If he ran a 4.35 or 4.4 we wouldn't be talking about him.

Quote:The only reason you think that is based on his 40 time. If he ran a 4.35 or 4.4 we wouldn't be talking about him.

No.... a 40-time can be deceiving. With Grant, you can see he has elite football speed on film in games. Very few in the entire league truly compare. Tavian Banks had that same elite football speed.

'02

Quote:No.... a 40-time can be deceiving. With Grant, you can see he has elite football speed on film in games. Very few in the entire league truly compare. Tavian Banks had that same elite football speed.
Tavian Banks also had the ability to change direction and evade tacklers, and the ability to get hit without coughing up the ball. The comparison isn't there. Stop forcing it. Grant is just the next Elvis Joseph. Speed back who offers nothing else then gets cut.

Quote:No.... a 40-time can be deceiving. With Grant, you can see he has elite football speed on film in games. Very few in the entire league truly compare. Tavian Banks had that same elite football speed.

Grant has elite speed I ain't arguing that. He's a one trick pony at this point offers nothing but speed in a straight line. You said he will start over Drob,I don't think that will happen because he doesn't do anything better than Drob apart from run faster.

Quote:Grant has elite speed I ain't arguing that. He's a one trick pony at this point offers nothing but speed in a straight line. You said he will start over Drob,I don't think that will happen because he doesn't do anything better than Drob apart from run faster.

Forgive him. He's totally blinded by the speed and he's seeing other things that just aren't there.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM by ATLjag.)

DRob has legit 4.4 type speed...not as fast as Grant, but some burners also.

Quote:Tavian Banks also had the ability to change direction and evade tacklers, and the ability to get hit without coughing up the ball. The comparison isn't there. Stop forcing it. Grant is just the next Elvis Joseph. Speed back who offers nothing else then gets cut.

Banks never changed direction. Like Grant, he evaded tacklers with his speed. The comparison is totally there.

'02

Quote:Banks never changed direction. Like Grant, he evaded tacklers with his speed. The comparison is totally there.

You must be referring to a different Tavian Banks then...or just have a faulty memory.

Quote:Forgive him. He's totally blinded by the speed and he's seeing other things that just aren't there.

Ah you think speed is your ally? You merely adopted the speed I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 11:44 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Banks never changed direction. Like Grant, he evaded tacklers with his speed. The comparison is totally there.

Saying the comparison is there doesn't make it so.I'm not going to berate you any more,I'm just going to wait and see if Grant makes it over Drob this offseason.

Long argument over a player that won't make the roster. Respect you Jags02, but Grant isn't making the roster unless someone, like DRob or Gray, gets hurt.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Long argument over a player that won't make the roster. Respect you Jags02, but Grant isn't making the roster unless someone, like DRob or Gray, gets hurt.

A player like DRob or Gray? Neither are all that great to say they're a shoe-in over a guy with elite speed.

'02