Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seriously, Congrats Guys

Quote:QBs

1. Luck

2. Bortles

3. Mariota

4. Osweiler

RBs

1. Murray

2. Ivory

3. Yeldon

4. Miller

5. Henry

6. Gore

TEs

1. Walker

2. Thomas

3. Allen

4.Griffin

WRs

1. Hopkins

2. Robinson

3. Hilton

4. Hurns

5. Moncrief

6. Dorial Green-Beckham

LT

1. Brown

2. Lewan

3. Castonzo

4. Joeckel

(To be continued)

Defense as a whole? Offense as a whole?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

AFC South Talent Rankings

DEFENSE DBs

(Based on last year's performance)

Free Safety

1.) Mike Adams, Colts (5ints, 1 sack, 1ff last year)

2.) Rashad Johnson, Titans (5int last year)

3.) TaShaun Gipson, Jaguars

4.) Dre Hal, Texans (4 INTs last year)

Strong Safety

1.) Quintin Demps, Texans, (36 solo, .5 sack, 1INT, 1FF, 6 PDef)

2.) Johnathan Cyprien, (79 solo, 0 sack, 1INT, 1rec 1FF, 2 PDef)

3.) Da'Norris Searcy, Titans, (42solo, .5sack, 1 INT, 4 PDef)

4.) Clayton Geathers, Colts, (27solo, 0sck, 0int, 1 PDef)

Cornerback

1.) Jalen Ramsey, Jaguars (Too Legit to Quit)

2.) Davon House, Jaguars (4INTs, 1FF, 1FR, 23PDef, 49 solo tackles)

3.) Vonte Davis, Colts (4INTs)

4.) Aaron Colvin (4 sacks)

Quote:Defense as a whole? Offense as a whole?
Defense:  Texans

Offense:  That's a tougher one-It's between Indy and Jacksonville.

Luck is the more accomplished QB over Bortles.

Jacksonville has the edge at RB.

Jacksonville has the edge at WR/TE

OL-I'd say slight edge to Indy, but both are bad.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It's gonna be great when Blake takes all his advertising campaigns.

Luck is just... He's ugly enough where its actually painful seeing his face.

Quote:It's gonna be great when Blake takes all his advertising campaigns.

Luck is just... He's ugly enough where its actually painful seeing his face.

& it gets worse when he opens his mouth.

ImATexan

Quote:Bobizzle, as your unbiased opinion who do you think has the best offense in the division?

Best defense?

Secondary?

QB?

WR Duo?

TE?

RB?

I think the Jags have best offense

QB is Luck....if healthy

WR DUO is ARob and Hurns, best receiver is hands down Hopkins.

TE is Thomas?

RB is Foster, could be Murray? Ivory?

Best defense.....Texans but Jags could take that with this draft alone and addition of Gipson and Jackson.

Your thoughts?

Lol, I guess I'll just go by each position:

QB: Obviously the Colts take it here, since Luck is still the king until proven otherwise. However, I think he has shown that he indeed isn't a flawless QB the last couple of seasons and I don't think Indy fans or the media have a right to say he's in the group with Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Manning. He might be right behind them, sure, but he hasn't proven he's there yet. And honestly I think Bortles could have the same long term ceiling as Luck, I've always liked him and I believe OB would have taken Bortles two years ago but McNair and Smith wanted Clowney more. So Bortles is obviously number 2. Mariota is number 3 and Osweiler is number 4, but that could change depending on whether Osweiler earns his money this season and if Mariota takes the next step as a sophomore.

TE: Honestly not sure, since I'm not familiar with either team's tight end group other than ours lol. And ours isn't that good so we surely aren't number 1, I know that.

RB: This is definitely tough to say. I think all four teams have a fairly solid RB group overall. I guess on paper the Titans have the advantage with Murray and Henry, but that obviously doesn't mean much. You guys have a good group too especially with Yeldon and I'm excited for us since Lamar has shown he was very productive in Miami. Plus we drafted Tyler Ervin who was a big playmaker at SJSU. So for now I give the advantage to tennessee, but that could change quickly.

WR: Now this is where our division is going to turn heads I think lol. You guys have the advantage for now with Robinson and Hurns, and Indy is probably next with Hilton and the others. But depending on how Braxton and Fuller develop we could be banging on the door, since Hopkins is already arguably the best receiver in the division. Tennessee is last for me.

OL: If Brown is healthy and Martin lives up to the billing at center, I'll give us the slight advantage here for now. But it's very close for all four teams. You guys are probably last here, but that's mainly because of the disappointment of Joeckel. If that changes your line should be much better.

DL: Well it's easy to say that the advantage belongs to us because of JJ lol, but you guys are a close second and even he probably isn't enough to keep y'all from having the best line overall. Especially if Day develops like many think he will. Next is Tennessee, and the Colts are last.

Linebackers: Lol on paper it's you guys for sure and it's not really close right now. Our group is solid with Mercilus, Simon and McKinney, and Cushing had a bounce back year last season, but the question is whether or not he can show that last season wasn't a fluke and obviously of whether or not Clowney can finally step up big. If that happens, then it's a closer battle between the Texans and jaguars but otherwise gotta give it to the Jags right now. Next is Tennessee and then Indy.

Secondary: Another hard one in deciding who's better between y'all or us. Ramsey definitely improves your secondary significantly, and Kevin Johnson was a big time contributor for us last season. Right now I would say we have the better corner backs while y'all have the better safeties, but we need to see what happens during the season. Next would be Indy for me and then Tennessee.

Coaching: Without looking like a homer, this is where I give the Texans the clear advantage. And the reason why is because of the impact every member of the coaching staff has made on the team. Even though he definitely has stuff he needs to work on, O'Brien has proven thus far to be a solid head coach who has rallied the team to two 9-7 seasons even without good QB play and having a limited offense in general. He has pretty much made a career out of making something from nothing, and that is rare from a coach. Plus players have said that they love playing for him, and he definitely holds his players accountable. If he needs to change things up to produce wins, he's not afraid to do it. I was stoked when we stole him from Penn State, I just always had a good feeling about him. Our offensive coordinator Godsey has been great in getting the quarterbacks prepared for games, since Hoyer and Keenum played good games for us even when Hoyer had a disaster playoff game. Crennel has obviously been great, and Vrabel is looking like a great coach in how he's developed Mercilus and McKinney in one season. So yeah, I just feel like if it wasn't for our coaching staff, this team should have probably only won 7 games or even 6 the last two seasons. Next is maybe Indy, though I'm not really a fan of Pagano. Overrated IMO. Next is you guys, since I still believe Bradley may turn it around and his overall staff is ok, but he needs to take a huge step this season. Last is Tennessee since Mularky has a ton to prove.

So pound for pound, on paper I think the Texans and Jaguars have the most complete rosters, followed by Tennessee then Indy. But as we all know, QB play can still make or break even the best rosters, and that's why the Texans aren't a sure thing unless Brock proves himself, and it's why Indy will always be a contender even if they have the weakest roster overall.

Quote:Lol, I guess I'll just go by each position:

Great post. Can't say I agree with all that. Never cared for Bortles & I'll be interested to see the Jags defense step up, keep them in games, & see if Bortles has the gnads to close out games. I don't think he does... but we'll see. 

Definitely agree our biggest advantage is coaching. From O'brien to Vrabel, to Butler... & it's getting better as we've added Izzo for special teams & Sean Ryan for WRs. 

But... I'll be rooting for the Jags to come in 2nd in the division & push the Colts closer to the bottom of the division where they should be. 

ImATexan

Quote:AFC South Talent Rankings

Cornerback

1.) Jalen Ramsey, Jaguars (Too Legit to Quit)

2.) Davon House, Jaguars (4INTs, 1FF, 1FR, 23PDef, 49 solo tackles)

3.) Vonte Davis, Colts (4INTs)

4.) Aaron Colvin (4 sacks)

I think Vontae Davis-since the 2014 season-has been the best CB in the division and going into the season, I have to rank him the best in the division right now.

Ramsey might supplant him.  But right now, I have to give it to Vontae Davis.

Quote:Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhbb....... no.

They may have some interesting pieces on paper, but you still need the man with a plan to put it all together.

I'll believe they have the best defense in the division when I see it.

Most talented... maybe, I'm not even going to argue that. But to go ahead & say they have the best defense now, may as well say we have the best offense.

Nothing against the Jags fans, or their players... I love their draft, but to be the man, you got to beat the man & right now, we the man.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif]

It is a shame that somebody woke up Ryan Grigson and got him to draft some OL to put in front of Luck. I, too, hope they assume their rightful position at the bottom of the AFC South and experience a mass exodus of their bandwagon fans.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Well put, PF.

Quote:Lol, I guess I'll just go by each position:

QB: Obviously the Colts take it here, since Luck is still the king until proven otherwise. 

How about last year?

Quote:How about last year?

Not much different than the projection for this year.

You guys had the second best defense behind us in the division, and that could very well obviously change this season. Since Bortles had a good year, that also meant y'all had the second best QB in the division and Hoyer was obviously last even if his play was decent the majority of the season. Y'all also no doubt had the most talented receiver group, followed by Indy, even if Hopkins is considered the best overall. Y'all maybe had the best running back group as well, though Indy could make a case as well.

I suppose the biggest differences between last year and this year is that whereas the Texans ranked last for sure in terms of overall offensive potential, there's a chance that we could rank second or third now depending on how Brock does, and even though Indy definitely had the worst oline last season they could have the best or second best now. The Titans could have the best run game now, and again y'all may overtake us for best defense.

Coaching was (IMHO anyway) the Achille's heel for y'all in keeping y'all from doing well last year,and is still the Jaguars biggest question mark now. For Indy it was defense last year and should be defense this year, and for the Titans it'll probably be lack of depth that hurts them, or likely coaching as well.

And for us, it's QB of course. We have the defense, we have the solid coaching, and we now have playmakers on offense. QB play this year will either make us competitors or it will potentially put us behind you guys and indy, maybe even Tennessee depending on how much they develop. Us Texans fans certainly have our fingers crossed.