Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looks like Linder is our Center

Quote:Make sure it's at the hot dog cart.

Will do, lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 10:48 AM by Tornadosoul7.)

Quote:Bowanko just needs to not snap over Bortles head.

He will be between Cann and Linder so I think he will be just fine.

If all we are worried about is a Center............then we are in great shape.
Having a weakness (again) in the middle of your O-line can be a pretty major flaw. Still a pretty major worry of mine, along with all the rookie pass rushers. If the last few years have shown us anything it is that depending on rookies is a mostly unsuccessful plan to have.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Linder may be the teams center for the next 8 years.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Linder may be the teams center for the next 8 years.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I hope not. I like him at guard.

if he can play just as good at Center as he can guard im all for it.  The coaches obviously think so

I don't see Joekel moving because I just don't see that G skill set in him, but from what I read about Beachum I think he just might. Moreover, I feel like Beachum is getting paid to start even if he fails to beat out Joekel. Meanwhile, it appears they are rather set on Linder starting over Bowanko for the C spot. With this in mind, I'm thinking it'll be one of these two starting OLs...

LT Joekel

LG Beachum

C Linder

RG Cann

RT Parnell

or

LT Beachum

LG Martineau

C Linder

RG Cann

RT Parnell

'02

I kind of think they move Joeckel to LG.  A lot of the times when Joeckel got beat by a bull rush he didnt have his feet set.  At G they dont back pedal as much where he should be set and not be put on the edge where he got beat.  Should be interesting to watch play out. 

Jags02 nailed it. IMO, Joeckel will be the backup by week5.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Did Bowanko die? What the hell happened? I remember his rookie year he was pretty solid, has he really regressed so much we are moving our best guard to center? Has he stopped lifting weights and burned his playbook? It just makes little sense to me why he isn't the front runner for the starting Center job. 

Quote:Did Bowanko die? What the hell happened? I remember his rookie year he was pretty solid, has he really regressed so much we are moving our best guard to center? Has he stopped lifting weights and burned his playbook? It just makes little sense to me why he isn't the front runner for the starting Center job. 

Bowanko provides valuable depth at C and RT, but they want a more dominating C with Linder up front.

I see 9 OLs making it...

1. C Brandon Linder

2. RT Jermey Parnell

3. RG AJ Cann

4 LG/LT Kelvin Beachum

5. LT Luke Joekel

6. LG MacKenzie Bernadeau

7. C/RT Luke Bowanko

8. OT Josh Wells

9. G Tyler Shatley

Others on the roster, all of whom are eligible for the PS, are G Kadeem Edwards, G Chris Reed, OT Patrick Miller, OT Pearce Slater and OT Rashod Hill.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 05:17 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:I don't see Joekel moving because I just don't see that G skill set in him, but from what I read about Beachum I think he just might. Moreover, I feel like Beachum is getting paid to start even if he fails to beat out Joekel. Meanwhile, it appears they are rather set on Linder starting over Bowanko for the C spot. With this in mind, I'm thinking it'll be one of these two starting OLs...

LT Joekel

LG Beachum

C Linder

RG Cann

RT Parnell

or

LT Beachum

LG Martineau

C Linder

RG Cann

RT Parnell
Beachum doesn't have the skillset for guard either to be honest. He's more of a technical smaller blocker.

Quote:Beachum doesn't have the skillset for guard either to be honest. He's more of a technical smaller blocker.

His smaller stature at 6-3, 305 makes him a better fit at G than at OT.

'02

Quote:His smaller stature at 6-3, 305 makes him a better fit at G than at OT.
He's a finesse technical blocker with great feet and lateral quickness.

None of those things are good for a G

You want a mean mauler at G, they're taking on the biggest men on the field

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 05:30 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Quote:He's a finesse technical blocker with great feet and lateral quickness.

None of those things are good for a G

You want a mean mauler at G, they're taking on the biggest men on the field
Perhaps they swap Bowanko to OG, would be good for everyone then? I remember him handling a few guys his rookie year. Time will tel I guess. 

Quote:Perhaps they swap Bowanko to OG, would be good for everyone then? I remember him handling a few guys his rookie year. Time will tel I guess.

That's definitely worth a try. He was a decent run blocker from what I remember.

Granted Beachum is known more for his pass blocking, however, according to PFF, when he started at LT the Steelers rush yards over LT were ranked among the top two in the league.

'02

Quote:Granted Beachum is known more for his pass blocking, however, according to PFF, when he started at LT the Steelers rush yards over LT were ranked among the top two in the league.

That's interesting from this season or last season? From what I've heard is he's got great feet and moves well. I'm not sure he has the brute strength to take on DTs,similar to Luke.

Quote:That's interesting from this season or last season? From what I've heard is he's got great feet and moves well. I'm not sure he has the brute strength to take on DTs,similar to Luke.

The run blocking stats are from Beachum's 2014 and 2015 seasons.

'02