Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF rated the tacks selection of Henry a C+.

Quote:If I watch the first couple minutes of their GM and head coach press conference it reminds me so much of Gene Smith and Mularkey ... Their GM has to look on a sheet of paper to find the names of the players he drafted a few hours ago then Mularkey raves about the return skills of a player they took and 1 minute later says he confused him with another player they signed as UDFA ....

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Titans-Discuss-the-Final-Day-of-the-2016-NFL-Draft/cbe25cdb-3439-46ae-beb6-38bd90c6f9df'>http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Titans-Discuss-the-Final-Day-of-the-2016-NFL-Draft/cbe25cdb-3439-46ae-beb6-38bd90c6f9df</a>
this made me have flashbacks of mm jaguars time... still have ptsd from those times.. I don't care if thw titheads have arron rodgers, as long as mm is the coach, I am not concerned about them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Theyre an absolute mess. They could have turned that team around with FA and all those picks.

Poor Tacks. Their fans seem as clueless as their front office. Especially the comment on Jags lack of a run defense, the one thing we've been good at as long as I could ever remember.

Quote:Kids been doubted his whole life.

lol ok

;

;

The pick is a little confusing, you bring in Murray then draft a copy of him.

Your team had many other holes to fix first.

I dunno they probably are worried about Murray because of his problems in Philly... and this way they can share carries and add depth..

Quote:I dunno they probably are worried about Murray because of his problems in Philly... and this way they can share carries and add depth..

Idk. Murray is a back who needs a lot of carries.

Now I don't think Tennessee drafted "poorly". They got some good players. I'm just not a fan of the style they're building. And it doesn't worry me too much when our run defense has been our strength for a while.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Idk. Murray is a back who needs a lot of carries.

Now I don't think Tennessee drafted "poorly". They got some good players. I'm just not a fan of the style they're building. And it doesn't worry me too much when our run defense has been our strength for a while.

The issue with the titans draft (and good news for us) is that they had the first pick and right now all they have to show for it is Jack Conklin, Austin Johnson and Derrick Henry. And to move up to get Conklin they gave up next year's second rounder.

;

;

The biggest thing I saw with his production though is that Bama's line is just so insanely dominant that it seemed any big run of his he had miles of daylight.  So if he falters a bit then he could just be a product of that line.

"I don't think we ever look at the positions and think okay were good...."-Gus Bradley

Larry Johnson

I actually liked their draft but like others not the offense they want to run. This is a division where most games will probably be QB dominated.

The tacks draft was really forgettable. They got a couple good players but really dropped the ball with all the picks they had.

Henry won't thrive in the NFL like he did in college. He can't hit the hole fast enough. By the time he gets up to speed he's going to be swallowed up.

He will be nice as a goal line / short yardage back but you don't draft those kinds of guys that high.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Derrick Henry is huge. He looks like a big back. But, I've never seen him pick up yards after contact. Never might be a bit of a stretch... but it's rare. He usually had huge holes that allowed him to get build up speed. I don't think he'll have that luxury in the NFL & he'll have to generate power in a lot smaller space. 

I'm also cautious of his weight. That was Ron Dayne's downfall. He couldn't control his weight. 

But Henry looks more like Brandon Jacobs to me, though Jacobs was a bit more athletic. 

ImATexan

Quote:Derrick Henry is huge. He looks like a big back. But, I've never seen him pick up yards after contact. Never might be a bit of a stretch... but it's rare. He usually had huge holes that allowed him to get build up speed. I don't think he'll have that luxury in the NFL & he'll have to generate power in a lot smaller space. 

I'm also cautious of his weight. That was Ron Dayne's downfall. He couldn't control his weight. 

But Henry looks more like Brandon Jacobs to me, though Jacobs was a bit more athletic. 
I am not a fan of the pick, but Henry made a living on yards after contact.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

After Henry gets going he'll break a ton of tackles as he is such a load. Henry goes down immediately if you get him when he changes direction or before he can pick up steam.

Quote:..which shows how meaningless draft grades are. Maybe they should try to tackle him.
Are you saying it should be a lower or higher grade?  Id say its a fair grade.  C+ is about right

Quote:..which shows how meaningless draft grades are. Maybe they should try to tackle him.
C+ grade is looking a bit high of a grade at this point