Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 NFL Draft Thread***

BTW, I expect that our UDFA haul will be less spectacular this year because the roster is looking better. If I was a UDFA, I'd try to head to Cleveland.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:BTW, I expect that our UDFA haul will be less spectacular this year because the roster is looking better. If I was a UDFA, I'd try to head to Cleveland.
I think the 49ers are the worst team in the league this year, personally.

Yesterday afternoon I posted that I wanted: Jack in the second, Ngakoue in the third and Boehm in the fourth.

I got the first 2 right, now let's see with Boehm although Westerman is tempting.

Whoever it'll be let's get a very good interior Olineman and that will be perfect for us this draft is like a dream coming true Smile

Quote:Didn't seem that way, he answered every question about Jack after we selected Ramsey. He also mentioned wanting to have 7 picks so I doubt he'll trade back up again.

They really wanted Jack but waited until pick 36 to trade up for him. I don't think Dave throws around trades lightly.

Maybe a reporter will follow up with the question after the draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think the 49ers are the worst team in the league this year, personally.
Still the Browns man. They got rid of a ton of players and haven't really drafted that well this year.

Don't know much about this 3rd round DE prospect that we drafted. He seems like he may have some potential, but personally I see Jorge Cordova all over again. Ugh.

I would have much preferred to gone BAP at that point; LaRaven Clark (went to Indy) has the potential to be a top 10 OT one day, and if you want to go prospect -- snag Javon Hargrave who absolutely lit it up during Senior Bowl week.

I love the first two picks, the idea of facing Derrick Henry running behind an improved Tenn line is a bit scary, but I am not at all a fan of the Yannick pick. 

Hoping we draft Billings in the 4th, he is by far the best remaining talent available, and then someone like John Theus or the best available center in the 6th. 

Quote:Don't know much about this 3rd round DE prospect that we drafted. He seems like he may have some potential, but personally I see Jorge Cordova all over again. Ugh.

I would have much preferred to gone BAP at that point; LaRaven Clark (went to Indy) has the potential to be a top 10 OT one day, and if you want to go prospect -- snag Javon Hargrave who absolutely lit it up during Senior Bowl week.

I love the first two picks, the idea of facing Derrick Henry running behind an improved Tenn line is a bit scary, but I am not at all a fan of the Yannick pick.

Hoping we draft Billings in the 4th, he is by far the best remaining talent available, and then someone like John Theus or the best available center in the 6th.

We must be watching a different LaRaven Clark.

Yeah Yannick better be an upgrade over Chris Smith and not be just a "body"
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yeah Yannick better be an upgrade over Chris Smith and not be just a "body"
No one knows. That's the beauty of the draft but I love the upside of Yannick.

Quote:We must be watching a different LaRaven Clark.
Clark had some bad games but I think more it has to with with his school's style and what they asked of him. He needs coaching but I think the Colts got a good one that late in the 3rd. 

Quote:BTW, I expect that our UDFA haul will be less spectacular this year because the roster is looking better. If I was a UDFA, I'd try to head to Cleveland.

The Browns are basically the Jaguars 2012-2013
;

;

Quote:Clark had some bad games but I think more it has to with with his school's style and what they asked of him. He needs coaching but I think the Colts got a good one that late in the 3rd.

TMD?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:TMD?

Possible. Checks a lot of boxes.
;

;

Im watching some highlights of Westerman, i really hope he's the pick. Brings a nastiness to the line, something we need.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 10:06 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Westerman, Tretola, Cash, Brothers, Scooby, Tapper, McAllister, Billings, Boehm. Some of my faves for day 3

Day 3 starts at 5PM UK time. 

I don't need to stay up all night to watch it  :woot:

Quote:Day 3 starts at 5PM UK time.

I don't need to stay up all night to watch it :woot:

Ah lovely ,the late nights/early mornings are tough for us on the Irish isles Smile

Quote:Ah lovely ,the late nights/early mornings are tough for us on the Irish isles Smile
Irish Isles  :teehee:

I do like Ireland though, I drove down to Holyhead with the kids and got the boat over a couple of times last year, had a good time.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 10:58 AM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Caldwell mentioned possibly trying to trade back to get the extra pick he gave up to get Jack back.
That would be nice, its a of talent there and we got all the guys we targeted, move back to mid 4th get a 5th back.

4th round would love to come away with a G or C, or pass catching TE

Today the one guy I wanna come away with at some point is Alex McCalister 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:That would be nice, its a of talent there and we got all the guys we targeted, move back to mid 4th get a 5th back.

4th round would love to come away with a G or C, or pass catching TE

Today the one guy I wanna come away with at some point is Alex McCalister

I wouldn't mind McCalister in the 6 or 7th but 4th is to early. Is there a 3rd down rb type of interest possibly in 6th or 7th rd ?