Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 NFL Draft Thread***

Quote:They must feel ok with the o line?

My thoughts as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

PFF'S #1 Rated D-Tackle in College Football this year

I'm only really sad that Perry went right before our pick. Day looks like a Marks backup.

Bye bye Alualu.

'02

Quote:Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The #Jaguars take #ND DT Sheldon Day at No. 103, an inside rusher. Thought he'd be a Friday pick.

Sounds like we got good value for the pick, then...  The highlights they showed of him on NFLN were impressive...  Looks like he's got a good motor on him and his shortness gives him quickness and leverage.

The knock, of course, as a DT he's short at 6 feet...  

Or Michael Bennett.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 12:28 PM by BritishJag.)

Jacksonville Jaguars: Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame A Grade 

The Jaguars have been enjoying a great draft thus far, so it's not surprising that they began their third day with a bang. Sheldon Day is a very good football player, but he dropped because he's a poor scheme fit for a lot of teams because of his size limitations. I struggled finding a spot for Day, but this makes a ton of sense. Day figures to be a great situational pass-rusher for Jacksonville. 

Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan 2m2 minutes ago

Fourth round @Jaguars draft pick Sheldon Day from Notre Dame was graded by @PFF as the best defensive tackle in college football in 2015.

ESPN guys like the pick. Both McShay and Kiper. Even Wingo talking it up. 

We've had Walters first A/A+ grades in rounds 1,2 and 4 (B in 3). He usually rips on the Jags, it's weird.

We dont have another pick until the 6th round, barring a trade up. I wouldn't mind seeing both 6ths packaged to move up to grab a guard or center. 

Quote:Meh, guess we are happy with oline.
It's the fourth round. It's about finding players, not filling needs. Besides, Gus probably had a top-five grade on Day. Tongue

I don't think people are gonna even recognize Jacksonville in 2016

We don't pick again for a while

Quote:Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan 2m2 minutes ago

Fourth round @Jaguars draft pick Sheldon Day from Notre Dame was graded by @PFF as the best defensive tackle in college football in 2015.
Oh boy, he's quoting PFF...

Quote:Sounds like we got good value for the pick, then...  The highlights they showed of him on NFLN were impressive...  Looks like he's got a good motor on him and his shortness gives him quickness and leverage.

The knock, of course, as a DT he's short at 6 feet...  

I never understood the knock on short DT's. Playing with good leverage is one of the more important things and being low obviously helps that. Maybe they can't bat passes down as well as tall DT's?

I'll take Day and his non-stop motor, although it was a downer to see Perry scooped right before us.

Quote:Can we have mexican chicks announcing all the picks?
Lol seen that also she was pushin hard for more screen time

Sam from PFF:

I love Sheldon Day. That's a freaking steal for the Jags. I'd have taken him low in the 1st round. Jaguars having a hell of a draft.

Oline wise, I suppose between Bowanko, Joeckel, and Bernadeau they feel confident one of them can start?

Quote:Meh, guess we are happy with oline.
We signed 2 guys plus we get Josh Wells back and Linder back who both missed most of the year last year

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>