Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 NFL Draft Thread***

I would trade our 7th to move up and take Cash or Scooby

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did we trade a spot with the vikes? If so what did we get?
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Between him and Yannick that's a lot of sacks coming to town. 

I'm ok with spending draft capital to bring competition to an important position in our scheme.

And I like his size and production. Dave strikes again?

Quote:Not really, he was projected 6/7 on NFL.com - Smith drafted guy who they'd never heard of.
Smith drafted 6/7 rounders in the 3rd and 4th round thats what his issues was 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Not really, he was projected 6/7 on NFL.com - Smith drafted guy who they'd never heard of.

And he did it in early rounds

Quote:Smells like a Jean Smiff pick.

And your posts stink. Your point?

Basically you know Jack [BLEEP] about anybody being drafted this late yet you complain anyway.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Can never have enough pass rushers.

Quote:Can never have enough pass rushers.
Did you read Gus Bradley's book?

Quote:BOTTOM LINE  Holmes has caught the eyes of the scouting community with his athletic build and high -end rush production this season. While his pass rush lacks creativity and nuance, he does have an intriguing get-off and shows the ability to turn the corner against the competition he faced. Holmes had some moments at the Shrine Game practices, but is still a project who may end up stashed on a practice squad early in his career.

<div> 
Seems like an edge guy
</div>

Apparently we are thinking about the future with this pick.

Quote:Speaking of Michigan players...  What happened with that one Michigan LBer?  I think he was #6?  I thought he was a baller

I have no idea who you're thinking of.

Maybe Jabril Peppers? He's going to be a junior and he's a DB (that will take snaps at OLB in college, too, though).

Quote:Apparently we are thinking about the future with this pick.

Apparently..
Shock the world

Quote:Apparently we are thinking about the future with this pick.

With 6th and 7th rounders that's usually the case....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Chicago takes Houston-Carson, S

Bears just picked a small school guy.

Quote:I'm ok with spending draft capital to bring competition to an important position in our scheme.

And I like his size and production. Dave strikes again?

I think that's a good way of looking at it.  Obviously there weren't any O-linemen that they liked and felt the need to fix the defense.  At this point, Gus has no room to complain about the lack of focus on the defense.

Caldwell provided plenty of rope for Gus to either live by or hang himself with.   So, in that aspect, yeah.  Dave strikes again!

Quote:With 6th and 7th rounders that's usually the case....

Actually...I kinda thought that was the purpose of the entire draft.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We wanted all defense this draft, and we are getting it!
No commercial messages in sigs

I think if any good centers and guards were still on the board we would have selected an offensive lineman there.

Quote:I have no idea who you're thinking of.

Maybe Jabril Peppers? He's going to be a junior and he's a DB (that will take snaps at OLB in college, too, though).

Yeah. that might have been him.  I think he played RB too.  I remember him being a stud for Michigan.  He must have been an underclassman.

6'2" 253, 4.6, announced as a defensive end but listed as an OLB most places. LEO or OLB?