Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Saints Player Hokie Gajan Dies

Lost his battle with Liposcsroms cancer since Last summer. Was also a New Orleans Saints fullback, team scout, and radio broadcaster and went to LSU. RIP HG,

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for letting us know Jags02
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2016, 10:33 AM by HeadSlap.)

I know that many if not all but two or five JAGS fans have an inkling of who Hokie Gajan was. He grew up and played HS Football in Baker, LA. Baker today is a bedroom community of Baton Rouge. In 1972-1975 it was a two stoplight town, actually one was a warning light. This was about as rural as it comes in Louisiana. He played for the Baker Buffalo's, was an adored small town player, All Louisiana HS Team and knew that he would play college ball 15 miles down the road at LSU. I saw more than a few games in Death Valley and when the Saints drafted him in 1981 there was a bus caravan from Baker every sunday the Saints were in town. Being a 10th round pick makes him an after thought by todays standards. Unless you needed three or five very, very tough yards. He protected Archie Manning in the twilight of his career. Hokie had that "grit" that coaches look for and what is needed by those players not as blessed as others. In later years we shared a Duck Blind or two, I will miss his no-nonsense color from the booth, he was no where near as polished as Lags but like Jeff a true student of the game.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

I remember Hokie as a tough player, with one of my favorite names in sports.

RIP

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]