Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you be willing to trade BB5 over to the Patriots for a guy like Tom Brady?
This poll is closed.
Yes- BB5 might be younger and have a higher ceiling, but Brady is clearly a better QB
9.42%
13 9.42%
No- Brady's too old and we can't risk trading away our future.
90.58%
125 90.58%
Total 138 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Scenario: Would you be willing to trade Blake Bortles to the Patriots in order to get Tom Brady?

Brady is going to play a few more years. That trade would be dumb.

It would probably take a minimum of 4 first round draft picks for me to even consider letting go of Bortles. Even then I'm not sure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The mere suggestion is idiotic.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

What about just for this season?

And then after we could switch back lol..
Shock the world

Brilliant!
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

To be honest with you all, I was expecting most people to answer: "Yes". Thank God we have some intelligent fans on this MB who can see the bigger picture.

Signed in just to exclaim hell no!

Dumbest poll ever btw!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Even if the 32 year old Aaron Rodgers was substituted for Tom Brady in the poll question,  the results would probably be overwhelming no.  

At this point in time I don't think the Jaguars would trade Blake Bortles straight up for any player in the NFL. 

Is this a real question?

Dumb

Quote:To be honest with you all, I was expecting most people to answer: "Yes". Thank God we have some intelligent fans on this MB who can see the bigger picture.
At least own up to your suggestion. Don't pretend that you didn't actually think about this bad idea.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

If we didn't have our franchise QB in Blake Bortles, and we still had the likes of Leftwich, Garrard, Gabbert, Henne then I would trade something for Brady.

But Bortles is young and has a rocket launcher for an arm and has proven that he belongs in this league.

He would have made the Pro Bowl if he wasn't injured.

This season he will have a talented roster and will get a chance to make the playoffs.

I wouldn't trade Bortles for any player in the NFL. And I wouldn't trade him for 3 first round picks.

It would take at least 4 first round picks for me to consider it, and I probably still wouldn't pull the trigger.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2016, 06:36 PM by Scarecrow.)

Blake is the most talented and gifted QB this team has ever had and it's not really that close.

I'm not trading him for anyone.

He's the franchise guy and he's young. You don't trade that type of player away.

Are you freeeking kidding me????..............in a nanosecond would I do that. Forget Brady............half the NFL QB's I'd trade him away for. What is it with this incessant "love affair" with Blake Bortles?

Come midway thru this upcoming season, there's a 50/50 chance you all will be calling for his head. In my book those are NOT good odds for a QB who has yet to prove he belongs in the same conversation with the top 10 QB's in the league.

Quote:Are you freeeking kidding me????..............in a nanosecond would I do that. Forget Brady............half the NFL QB's I'd trade him away for. What is it with this incessant "love affair" with Blake Bortles?

Come midway thru this upcoming season, there's a 50/50 chance you all will be calling for his head. In my book those are NOT good odds for a QB who has yet to prove he belongs in the same conversation with the top 10 QB's in the league.

Drugs are bad for you.

I can see the condescending smirk on Brady's face now.

Quote:Are you freeeking kidding me????..............in a nanosecond would I do that. Forget Brady............half the NFL QB's I'd trade him away for. What is it with this incessant "love affair" with Blake Bortles?

Except there's not a 50/50 chance, so....

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Aren't you the same person who thought Toby was the best thing since sliced bread?

We clearly have an "idiot of the day" winner supporting the trade for a 39 year old QB....
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

The struggle is real, be afraid its the offseason.

Vino had the worst poll of all time and then this guy breaks it the next day. Cray