Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you be willing to trade BB5 over to the Patriots for a guy like Tom Brady?
This poll is closed.
Yes- BB5 might be younger and have a higher ceiling, but Brady is clearly a better QB
9.42%
13 9.42%
No- Brady's too old and we can't risk trading away our future.
90.58%
125 90.58%
Total 138 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Scenario: Would you be willing to trade Blake Bortles to the Patriots in order to get Tom Brady?

New poll.

Would OP be willing to Shut the [BLEEP] up and quit posting?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 05:47 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Yea a young qb vs an old one yup. Why is this a thread again?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

REALLY  ????  HMM  SMDH   :whistling:

Quote:Brady won't play 6 more years. He shouldn't anyway. Peyton set the td record and then the following year fell off (for Peyton's standards) and this past year he was a manager at best. Brady's arm strength has already weakened.

Peyton was 39 this past season, Brady will be 39 when the season starts. He's going to hit a wall, and he's going to hit it hard. I think you'll see the decline of Brady in the next year or two. Everyone hits the age wall eventually, no one has won a super bowl older than Peyton just did at 39.

If his arm strength has weakened, I sure as hell haven't seen it.

This man was shredding the NFL last season at one point 20 TDs to 1 INT?

The guys a machine

Quote:If his arm strength has weakened, I sure as hell haven't seen it.

This man was shredding the NFL last season at one point 20 TDs to 1 INT?

The guys a machine

He never had all that strong of an arm to begin with. He shreds the NFL by recognizing and exploiting matchups and dink/dunking it down the field these days. He's still great, but he's never been a Favre when it comes to chucking it down field.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Even if the 32 year old Aaron Rodgers was substituted for Tom Brady in the poll question, the results would probably be overwhelming no.

At this point in time I don't think the Jaguars would trade Blake Bortles straight up for any player in the NFL.

Be very careful here, dear 6, whom I regard highly. Aaron Rodgers for Blake Bortles, overwhelming no, due to age? He is 32 mate. Be very careful here. Aaron best QB by far in league Rodgers for Bortles and potential?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We may be placing too much value in the future here. I commend the wholesome view of the board but general sports mentality isn't nearly as far sighted. I seriously doubt many GMs would spend more than millisecond to chose Rodgers over Bortles today, if given the choice.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 12:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Cam Newton for Bortles?. The reigning MVP is 26 coming off a SB appearance.

I wouldn't take Newton for Bortles. I would take Rodgers for Bortles. 

JJ Watt, Cam Newton, and Aaron Rodgers are the only 3 players I would trade Bortles for.  If they would trade Watt for Bortles I would draft Wentz who I think will be a stud. 

I take that back, not sure if I would trade Bortles for Rodgers as he is 10 years the elder

Quote:JJ Watt, Cam Newton, and Aaron Rodgers are the only 3 players I would trade Bortles for.  If they would trade Watt for Bortles I would draft Wentz who I think will be a stud. 
Bortles would destroy us twice a year, and JJ Watt would end up retiring after a few more productive years. If Wentz ended up sucking, our dynamic duo would be virtually useless and we'd never put up points. We found a franchise QB, you don't let that go. Fowler, Malik, and our new draft picks will get to the QB just fine.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 06:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Bortles would destroy us twice a year, and JJ Watt would end up retiring after a few more productive years. If Wentz ended up sucking, our dynamic duo would be virtually useless and we'd never put up points. We found a franchise QB, you don't let that go. Fowler, Malik, and our new draft picks will get to the QB just fine.
Watt is 27, I can seeing him playing more than just a few more productive years.  IF Wentz ended up sucking !    Wentz with our offense would be a day one starter and do just fine imo

Quote:Watt is 27, I can seeing him playing more than just a few more productive years.  IF Wentz ended up sucking !    Wentz with our offense would be a day one starter and do just fine imo

But Wentz Won't be better than Blake so let's keep our own QB.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 08:21 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Watt is 27, I can seeing him playing more than just a few more productive years.  IF Wentz ended up sucking !    Wentz with our offense would be a day one starter and do just fine imo
You don't trade a young franchise QB that threw for over 4k yards and 35 TD's. How long has it taken us to find a franchise QB? More than a decade. 

Many things wrong with this thread first off it's a homer poll, hey your franchise young QB whom had a fantastic 2nd year or a future HOF QB in probably his last year trade?

2nd thing is which is actually more important, where's blank option 3?

Quote:You don't trade a young franchise QB that threw for over 4k yards and 35 TD's. How long has it taken us to find a franchise QB? More than a decade.
To get Watt I would

lol

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 05:09 PM by uthill.)

JagJohn thanks for bringing up an old thread. Great laugh.

(03-27-2016, 07:09 PM)jjlovesfootball Wrote: Are you freeeking kidding me????..............in a nanosecond would I do that. Forget Brady............half the NFL QB's I'd trade him away for. What is it with this incessant "love affair" with Blake Bortles?

Come midway thru this upcoming season, there's a 50/50 chance you all will be calling for his head. In my book those are NOT good odds for a QB who has yet to prove he belongs in the same conversation with the top 10 QB's in the league.

take a bow son, literally the only one to say this