Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Made Deal to Make Sure Michael Sam Did Not Go Undrafted

Quote:Predator thinks thats normal. Thats probably how he runs and its what he listens to
I don't think a Belieber such yourself has room to talk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A few questions here...

A. What is a "gay evolution"?

2. Why does it need to be shunned?

d. Why is it a right to participate in said shunning?

i was soldered by a grown man when i was only 6yrs old, so excuse me if im a little biassed
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:i was soldered by a grown man when i was only 6yrs old, so excuse me if im a little biassed
There's a difference between gay people and child predators.

And who gives a crap that the nfl set up a deal with the rams so that they'd have to select a terrible player? They agreed to it.

Quote:And who gives a crap that the nfl set up a deal with the rams so that they'd have to select a terrible player? They agreed to it.

The NFL shouldn't try to influence a teams draft for any reason.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2016, 02:12 PM by SamusAranX.)

For the record, this thread has veered way off from what it should be. But then again, I shouldn't have high expectations when posting in this forum.

Quote:yeah, I was trying to figure that out too. Nothing was wrong with your comment. It sickens me how much America bends to sensitivity of gay America, to the point where regular ol' Adam and Eve America can't even be within their (our) rights to shun the gay evolution without being crucified by most of America.

What about the sensitivity of my rights as a STR8? And my wish for my Adam to marry an Eve and not a Steve?

Where is it written that I have to be sensitive to the feelings of gay America? Why must someone be offended by the way I feel but I'm not allowed to feel offended by the likes of a Michael Sam and his cake feeding gross boyfriend?

Forget Michael Sam and all the Michael Sams of the world can literally kiss a
If it bothers you, change the channel. It's your right as an American. Embrace it. I did, because I didn't tune in to the draft to watch anyone make out, straight or gay.

Quote:You know this from personal experience?
Well, there was that Tu'aolo guy who played for the Vikings (and Jaguars?), and that offensive lineman who came out post-career after being involved in a domestic violence incident with his boyfriend. About 2% of American men are gay. Including 10 slots for the practice squad, there are 63 players in every locker room, for a total of 2,016 players in the NFL at any one time during the season. Statistically speaking, about 40 of them are gay. Even without those stats, would you really expect anyone to believe that in the 75-ish years of the NFL, Michael Sam was the first gay man to set foot in a locker room?

Quote:Well, there was that Tu'aolo guy who played for the Vikings (and Jaguars?), and that offensive lineman who came out post-career after being involved in a domestic violence incident with his boyfriend. About 2% of American men are gay. Including 10 slots for the practice squad, there are 63 players in every locker room, for a total of 2,016 players in the NFL at any one time during the season. Statistically speaking, about 40 of them are gay. Even without those stats, would you really expect anyone to believe that in the 75-ish years of the NFL, Michael Sam was the first gay man to set foot in a locker room?

I wouldn't expect anyone to believe that.  In fact, I never even said that.  I was only making fun of the concept that gays in the NFL is OK (as long as they lie about it).

The bottom line is who really cares?  If a player is gay he is gay.  That doesn't matter to me as long as he performs on the field.  I do have a problem if a player is gay and feels the need to broadcast it and play it up to the media.  That tells me that his lifestyle and personal sexual preference, and the need to tell the world about it is more important to him than his career.  At that point he becomes more of a distraction than anything else.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The bottom line is who really cares? If a player is gay he is gay. That doesn't matter to me as long as he performs on the field. I do have a problem if a player is gay and feels the need to broadcast it and play it up to the media. That tells me that his lifestyle and personal sexual preference, and the need to tell the world about it is more important to him than his career. At that point he becomes more of a distraction than anything else.
so your career should define you as a person, and everyone should be good little mindless drones and never aspire to be more than an employee number?

Quote:so your career should define you as a person, and everyone should be good little mindless drones and never aspire to be more than an employee number?

No, but as your employer I'd tell you to do that stuff on your own time not when representing my team. If you put your own interests ahead of mine then I dont want you and you'll need the NFL to manipulate your employment for you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If it bothers you, change the channel. It's your right as an American. Embrace it. I did, because I didn't tune in to the draft to watch anyone make out, straight or gay.

Well, there was that Tu'aolo guy who played for the Vikings (and Jaguars?), and that offensive lineman who came out post-career after being involved in a domestic violence incident with his boyfriend. About 2% of American men are gay. Including 10 slots for the practice squad, there are 63 players in every locker room, for a total of 2,016 players in the NFL at any one time during the season. Statistically speaking, about 40 of them are gay. Even without those stats, would you really expect anyone to believe that in the 75-ish years of the NFL, Michael Sam was the first gay man to set foot in a locker room?

That was going to be my point as well.  Statistically speaking there have been numerous, and when the Michael Sam articles came out, there were actually names being thrown out there.  Well known names.  Their teammates knew it, the coaches knew it, the front office knew it, but the media never reported it because that person was quiet about it.

If a star player in the NFL came out, I don't think most would care...like anything else, that player just has to perform on the field on Sundays.

This whole thread is a fail. I do not buy the story. Especially not from that site. And the knee jerk anti gay nonsense from some is sadly typical.

Can we all just agree Jeff Fisher sucks and get on with our lives?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Can we all just agree Jeff Fisher sucks and get on with our lives?

That's gay.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:That's gay.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Michael Sam goes to a team named the Rams?  Evidently, the Packers   :woot:  weren't in need of his services.  Imagine if his position was tight end.  Going to the Browns would have been just gross. :yucky:

Really, if the deal was made, why was it made?  It obviously has nothing to do with his play on the field.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Michael Sam goes to a team named the Rams?  Evidently, the Packers   :woot:  weren't in need of his services.  Imagine if his position was tight end.  Going to the Browns would have been just gross. :yucky:

Really, if the deal was made, why was it made?  It obviously has nothing to do with his play on the field.
This is just wrong, but I did laugh. 

In hindsight (no pun intended), maybe St. Louis picked him up b/c he went to mizzou plus they got an attaboy from the press.  It's too bad he sucked, though(damn, did it again- no pun intended).

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:This whole thread is a fail. I do not buy the story. Especially not from that site. And the knee jerk anti gay nonsense from some is sadly typical.

Can we all just agree Jeff Fisher sucks and get on with our lives?

Again it just wasn't this site that reported it.

From what I remember from when it he publicly came out, was that all the NFL teams already knew about it. He was was already open about it with his college team and friends and had a long term partner at the time as well. It known that it was going to be leaked by the media as well because of how many people knew about it and how open he had been about it. 

Him making a public statement is PR 101 and good advice from his agent. If there is a major story coming out about you no matter what. You should announce it yourself, so that you can try to control the message and tone. If not, you let the media choose the message and tone for you, and that can lead to your detriment. 

Sure, there have definitely been previous players, current players, and even aspiring NFL players who are gay. But nearly all of those players have been very careful to keep their personal life very secret and close to vest. He had already chosen in college to not do that, so he basically had no choice but to completely come out publicly once he had some draft prospects.

As for the "scandal", it was all PR maneuverings of the league. The AVERAGE person/fan doesn't remember when someone was drafted unless it is a HOF player drafted way late (e.g. Tom Brady in the 6th round). They just remember they were drafted. The media story and average person's viewpoint would be very different if the story was openly gay player not drafted. Not to mention that most 7th round picks never ever play in the NFL, and even Michael Sam didn't even make the final roster. So, in all, it was probably the right move for the NFL. 

The question is whether this crosses a line in fair play, but I'd argue not really. If anything this argues that maybe the 7th round is not really needed and the draft should just end after the 6th.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2016, 04:49 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:There's a difference between gay people and child predators.
This quote I thought was insensitive and not well thought out. If you dont want to read about pedophilia, homosexuality and societies viewpoints causing murkiness skip to the last paragraph.

The gay pedophiles just like their boys younger? Seems like an abnormally large amount of gays are pedophiles in relation to the rest of the population. That seems pretty obvious and self explanatory.

If you have a traditional worldview like everyone did till 50 years ago you would believe that being gay is a form of sexual deviant, just like pedophiles and there would be no mystery why such a large portion of them are pedophiles as opposed to straight pedophiles.

It would be similar to the logic that cocaine use is going to be higher among people who do drugs. The only difference is being gay is no longer considered 'deviant' by a large population of people, so they (liberals) have no way to explain the much higher per capita rate of gay pedophiles.

Thats an issue for liberal sociologist tho (who prob also have trouble explaining why natural selection hasn't got rid of the supposed 'gay gene' in the first place, and have to make up ridiculous theories that basically destroy darwins principles by trying to make them fit a societal phenomena). Seems much easier to me to believe that men are just naturally inclined towards sinfulness and that's why they do it.

In regards to why gay population is growing, there is the appeal, I think, especially to white males, to become part of a 'protected' special class that gets favors; rather than being a plan ol white guy who is demonized by left media as supposed racist fascists. Being gay changes the narrative, you go from 'oppressor' to victim. Not claiming that this is the majority at all, but I am sure some say it for this reason.

Being gay/trans makes you special. People don't consider you 'men' anymore and you don't have to fight the battle, you get to play by the girls standards as the 'weak' who need special protections.

As far as the actual numbers for the gay pedophile see: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3'>http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3</a>

Basically gay men are 1-3% of population and yet over 1/3rd of pedophiles are gay. So a gay men are pedophiles at a rate of 10 - 33 times greater than would be expected based on their proportion of the population at large.

As far as Michael Sam being a publicity stunt for the NFL, its pretty obvious he was. Poor guy got used and dumped. I would feel worse for him, but he did get a better payday than I probably ever will, but still it sucks. He was brainwashed into thinking this would be a great thing IMO and he would be given special opportunity because of his sexual preference, only to be dumped after he gave ESPN their moment. Wish him well.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Well I don't watch Oprah and could care less what she has to say. This reality show would have been way too nauseating to watch.
So far that's two things in this thread that you could care less about. So the real question is, how much less could you care?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.